is measuring stomach accurate? measuring behind

catty

Reaction score
Hi, i am almost 32 weeks pregnant and everyone always comments on how small my bump is even though i feel its really big. Today i decided to measure the exact way the midwife usually does and it is only 28cm, thats how much i was at my 28 week check up and im pretty sure i have measured correctly.
Would this be any cause for concern? i have my 32 wk midwife appointment in tuesday so dont have long to wait until i see her again but 4cm seems quite alot

Nope I have a tiny neat bump and measuring 3 weeks behind. Got send for a scan and baby is 4lbs :thumbup: he's just hiding really well lol xx

Thats good to hear then! I see were due on the same day :) i dont even feel that small but constant comments about it

I get told I'm neat, small, all bump etc etc but I have never measured exact to weeks! I'm either behind by 2cm or ahead!
No big worries

I'm 3 weeksbig and my baby's small ... Size means nothing....

Also because of the way u have to bend to measure your own fundal height it's very unlikely u can measure accurately yourself apparently

i dont think it really means anything. I have measured a week ahead at every appt. at my 30 week appt i was measuring 32 weeks and baby was just shy of 4lbs. however i get constant comments on how small i am for being so far along and shockingly i look smaller than when i was this far on with my first although i always measured bang on with her. im sure if your midwife or doctor were worried they would let you know. Hope you get some reassurance at your appt on tuesday :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->