Is my baby Moving???

mummy to be

Cautiously Pregnant
Reaction score
Hi there ladies :) i am only new into the 2nd Tri... today actually i am 13 weeks :) i am very excited :)

Anyways.... i was just wanting to know if i am able to feel the baby moving already? I am not sure if it is the baby or i am imagining it...

I have felt it a few times for the last week. but i am not sure if it is what i think it is... most times i am lying on my side on the couch watching TV or laying in bed trying to sleep :) so i am not sure.

Last night just as i was falling asleep i was so relaxed that i had one of those "jumping spasims" (not sure if anyone else gets them - like your falling and your whole body like jolts you awake again??) anyways that happened to me and i woke straight up and seconds after i jumped i felt this movement (obvious movement) in my lower abdomen... it was really odd.... then i couldnt sleep cause i was scared that i scared him and i might have hurt him :(

so was it what i thought it is or????? i am only just 13 weeks and i am not sure when i should be feeling things......

Is it your first baby hun ??? .
This is my 3rd baby in the last 4 years , I felt movements around 14-15 weeks . With my first i felt flutters around week 17-18 .
It may be your uterus stretching or your main atery pulsing , Or it could be them first tiny flutters , Allthow unlikely not impossible . xxxxx .

Yes it is our first :) hehehe i am so excited to be here :)

It is quite unlikely this early on, but definitely not impossible. It also depends on your frame. If you are a tiny frame, you'll feel movement much earlier.:hugs:

I felt movements quite early on, but it was only when I felt "proper" ones that I realised what it was.. :dohh:

It is highly unlikely as it is your first that you are actually feeling baby so early hun. At just 13 weeks the baby is only about 7cms crown to rump and surrounded by fluid. My first I was 18 weeks and then 20 weeks on the outside. This is my 4th and 3rd in 3 yrs so I felt movements around 14 weeks but very very faint and I know what it feels like too. It is probs just wind hun but if it is the baby then you will know soon enough xxx

I felt movements quite early on, but it was only when I felt "proper" ones that I realised what it was.. :dohh:

Me too

From what youve described though it doesnt sound like a familiar feeling to me hun

oh ok... oh well... i guess i will find out soon enough than right lol :)
Thanks ladies :)

movements started about 17 weeks for me. I would get odd twinges before and wonder but nope... prob just gas lol! You will know when you know. You feel something shift inside you.. its the best feeling ever and made me love my little girl even more
xxx

I felt my first odd sensation that made me wonder when I was about 13 weeks. It felt like bean did a somersault in there. Then I felt actual flutters at 15 weeks and yesterday felt my first defined movement.

I'm having my first baby and I felt movement from about 14 weeks..at first I kept thinking I was imagining it but as time has gone on the movements have become stronger and easier to recognize. The best description I've heard of what it feels like when the movements start is an eye-twitch in your lower abdomen.
Lx

So the whole movement stage differs between women. Wow this whole pregnancy things is new hey lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->