Is my cat pregnant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodness, this is going to sound weird but the nipple thing is true! We had 3 cats, 2 girls, 1 boy and left for a trip, when I came back I noticed my girl cats nipples were very different and sure enough they were pregnant!

Good luck with your kittens.

It's very unlikely that any un neutered cat that is let out for any period of time will not become pregnant. If you let her out after she has had the kittens she will get pregnant again straight away and she is likely to want to get out after she has had the kittens.

Please get her neutered, there are so many unwanted cats as it is. :nope:

I am well aware that an un-neutered cat can become pregnant quite easily. It wasn't an issue as we had discussed allowing her to have a litter before getting her neutered. I am also aware that a cat is most likely to become pregnant again straight after giving birth. I honestly find your post quite offensive. I have bolded a section and honestly do not know what you mean by this? My cat is wanted as we absolutely adore animals. We are rehoming her kitten with the rescue centre that we adopted her from. They will only be there for 24 and will have new homes as it is extremely popular here.

It's very unlikely that any un neutered cat that is let out for any period of time will not become pregnant. If you let her out after she has had the kittens she will get pregnant again straight away and she is likely to want to get out after she has had the kittens.

I am well aware that an un-neutered cat can become pregnant quite easily. It wasn't an issue as we had discussed allowing her to have a litter before getting her neutered. I am also aware that a cat is most likely to become pregnant again straight after giving birth. I honestly find your post quite offensive. I have bolded a section and honestly do not know what you mean by this? My cat is wanted as we absolutely adore animals. We are rehoming her kitten with the rescue centre that we adopted her from. They will only be there for 24 and will have new homes as it is extremely popular here.

I don't think it was meant that way hun.
Its difficult to judge tone from a post.
I think she simply means so many people don't neuter cats because they assume pregnancy will never come to them, many areas of the UK are flooded with unwanted cats in shelters and adoption homes thats all.
Enjoy your kittens! I wish i'd let my kitty have some but, shes evil and i don't have the time or room :)
x

I'm not suggesting you don't want or love your cat.

I'm saying that rescue centres are full of unwanted cats and for every kitten bred, that is one of those that doesn't get a home or is killed. You kittens might only be int he rescue for 24 hours, but what about the other cats that don't have homes that might do if your kittens didn't exist?

I appreciate you have done this with the best of intentions, but it's important to be aware of the bigger picture.

As the rescue you got your cat from a) didn't seem to tell you it would be wrong to breed from her and b) didn't have any neutering policy in placve, i wonder if this would be the best place to rehome your kittens? Places such as the Cats Protection have early neutering policies in place, so it might be worth approaching them? They also do a low cost neutering scheme, so you could get your own cat and any kitten you keep neutered through that.

My cat had kittens 10 weeks ago.

The only sign she really had was her nipples, they became large and pinky red colour, also the fur thinned out.

Her behaviour never changed, she still wanted out all the time and was still running around jumping up right up to the end.

I just fed her on demand really, she would meow at her bowl so I would feed her a pouch of food.

Try and keep her in though just in case she is.

Please lock this thread. I can't be bothered explaining where I should rehome kittens. Kittens. Not babies :dohh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back