Is NTNP acutually TTC?

AimeeM

Mum to 3 Boys.
Reaction score
We say we are NTNP but i still find myself counting days and looking at CM and talking about all things ttc, thinking about it quite a bit.

Can you really ever NTNP without thinking all things baby? :wacko:

I thought this too, I think you cant really NTNP without thinking baby..... your concious when your ovulating and so on most of the time.

Hmmmm fine line and a difficult one :)

x

Yes - If you are NTNP, you dont have to be thinking about creating a baby. Even though we were NTNP, I never gave get it a thought about getting pregnant or even counting down the days till ovulation.

We were NTNP for 2 months when we fell pregnant. We hadnt planned on getting pregnant just yet, wanted to wait till our 1st was 1 but that didnt happen. We were using contraception before this but OH hates wearing raincoats and I cant take the pill due to hormone issues. So we decided to let nature take its own course.

Just because you are NTNP doesnt mean baby, baby, baby. Some people NTNP for years and never get pregnant. A very good friend of mine is proof of that. She was NTNP for 3 years before she had her 1st son in October. She is currently NTNP again now although she doesnt want another for another 2-3 years.

I don't know when i'm ov'ing. I have not got a clue about cm but I do want a baby.

I think for my second baby I will NTNP and this would be an appropriate section of BnB for me because I'm not into all the worrying and checking and opks and obsessing that comes with TTC. BUT if I do get pregnant while NTNP then I would tell everyone the baby was planned because I dont feel like the baby would be an oops ikywim. I just like the more relaxed atmosphere of NTNP over TTC. :)

I'm breastfeeding and I'm not ovulating at the moment and if I do then I won't know about it until I get AF or pregnancy symptoms if we catch the egg. We are not making any effort what so ever to get pregnant, but we are also making no effort to prevent it...

... However LO is making every effort to stay an only child by continuing to feed, wake through the night and demand huggles every time mummy and daddy try to get close.

I'm breastfeeding and I'm not ovulating at the moment and if I do then I won't know about it until I get AF or pregnancy symptoms if we catch the egg. We are not making any effort what so ever to get pregnant, but we are also making no effort to prevent it...

... However LO is making every effort to stay an only child by continuing to feed, wake through the night and demand huggles every time mummy and daddy try to get close.

That made me chuckle!

To the OP-I think it depends what your attitude towards it is. From what you have described it sounds like you are TTC to be honest-i think i change from TTC/to NTNP as sometimes having another baby is a good idea, and other times it is not. I can't not know when i think im ovulating as i know its around CD 14 but i dont ever try to DTD just because i know, or to me that would be TTC. I don't use OPK's or temp or anything as i think that means TTC :)

I basically say I'm NTNP because I'm not doing the charting or temping etc or obsessing over it or stressing out over it. I do want a baby and we aren't using protection because we want a baby, so in that sense we are trying. I am aware of when I ovulate but only DTD when I want to not for baby reasons. I feel much more comfortable over here, mainly because the forum threads in the TTC section don't often talk about anything other than dates, charts, temps, etc and That stuff isn't helpful or interesting to my personal situation

I really class ttc as temping,charting i suppose!

i think if ur charting/using opk etc etc ur ttc , if not ntnp uv no idea where u are in ur cycle just not using any protection ?

I think if you are using no protection, you are trying, partic since most people are aware of when ovulating from experience. Thats what Jeremy would say!!! I think if you are charting and using OPK's you are just trying harder if that makes sense. However, i think by labelling it NTNP it takes pressure of it somewhat and i might try this once i can start trying again. Only thing which worries me is are you all taking folic acid coz although it makes it more like actively trying, i have heard through the ruby's law posts that spina bifida can be caused if you dont and something crucial happens at 23dpo so if you not taking by then can have adverse effects. I'm using condoms at minute but still taking my folic acid just incase, i know too much about it now not too!

Someone on here calls it CTTC, casually trying to conceive. I wanna be in the CTTC/NTNP gang!!! x

Hi everyone, I am glad I stumbled accross this thread, I have seen the best explanantions for ntnp here, I can now see why you would call it ntnp over ttc....I was looking for somewhere to fit in here too as we are wanting another baby, not sure when though....I dont do the charting things and opk's it doesnt interest me, I do know when I am ovulating, I cant miss it lol, but we dont dtd just becaues Im ovulating....The only thing I am doing is keeping a log of when my period starts and finishes, just so I know the pattern of them, even more so as my lo is only 11 weeks old tomorrow.....I was going to go to the wtt section, but to be honest we are really ntnp, I cant go on the pill, he very rarely wears a condom, I now feel like I fit in here......Hope you dont mind me joining you ladies......

shady i am the same as you. I can't miss my ovulation as i am so aware of it.

Mlyn i totally agree about the folic acid tablets, good advice! xx

I think if you are not using protection then you are trying. It should be just "not preventing"

We are trying, that's why we are here. What we aren't doing is trying harder than letting nature take it's course. Why the insistance to define it anyway? We are all different. We choose to be in this section because discussion of temping and charts isn't that helpful to us.

My husband and I were NTNP for over a year. I wanted another baby, so did he, just put it in God's hands. Neverrrrrr knew when I was OV, didn't know about taking temps, and who would've tought to check your cervix?!? (lol) I always kept a list of dates in reguards to my period, just because I had such an irregular cycle when I was off BC (anywhere from 28-38 days). So, I figured since I was so irregular, and had NO clue about OV, it would just be luck. Well, I got pregnant, and sadly enough, miscarried at 5wks. Well... we realised... as we were leaving the hospital, and we were shattered, that it was time for another one. But, even TTC, we just had alot of sex (ALOTTTTT!!! haha)... and I GUESSED at when I 'should' be OV. Even then, it took us 7 months to get pregnant (I'm 12 wks now!).
My point is... I think as a female, your clock starts ticking (even at 25yrs old, lol). A miscarriage really puts things into perspective. I think what happens (if you've ever had one), it goes one of two ways.... you either want a baby right then and there, or you don't (at least for a longggg time).

We agreed to try for a July conception about 9 months ago. I guess then we were WTT, then in April we stopped preventing so then we were NTNP and since this is now July we are now actively trying. I did not chart or take any temps or use OPK's. I assume when I O'd and we DTD when we could but we were travelling apart from each other the few days before what I assume is my O day. I am hoping he caught the egg but if not we will try again next month. We are not sure how long we will keep trying before going back to NTNP. If it doesn't happen after a few months I think we will just relax and see what happens. After a couple of years with no BFP we will probably start preventing again.

My husband and I are NTNP. Of course we know that NP means their is the possibility of a baby, and we really would LOVE a baby, but we arn't trying in the sense of tracking, charting, obsessing. We are just not preventing pregnancy, staying active with our sex life, and letting God do his job.

I have the personality type where I obsess easily over tasks/goals. When we first started "trying" I logged online every single day just to see how much "closer" i was to o'ing. And when I didn't get pregnant, I felt like I was failing. We had a long talk and I realized I didn't want to strain our relationship by trying to have a baby. We want our baby to be created out of love, not because of a date on the calendar.

Ultimately we believe that God is in control. We strongly believe that he created every person with love and a purpose. When the time is right in His eyes, we will be blessed. Not to sound over religious, that is just our views. :)

I also don't think it's wrong to chart/track, I just don't think it's right for us!

I'm glad to finally have a NTNP forum to get to know all you ladies a little better!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->