Is NTNP really WTT?

Drazic<3

You got the love <3
Reaction score
Well... I have been thinking about this for a few.. well...hours, and there is no easy way to put it, so im just going to come out and say it. If people want to shoot me down, that is fine. I'm not saying im right, its just a feeling I have got from a few people and I have to say it before I explode. I reallllly hope you will all see that im not horrible and evil. (Well.. generally) and you understand this in the spirit that it's intended.

*deep breath*

After that overly dramatic introduction, i just want to put across the idea that maybe Not Trying Not Preventing cannot be adequatly described as Waiting To Try. I mean, you are potentially concieiving a baby, and you are not trying to stop that happening, in my book - thats ttc.

As much as I love, and i know others do to, to see all kinds of girls in WTT, i just wonder if its the most logical place for some of the coversations which happen here?

Sometimes, it can just hurt a little when people say certain things and really, in alot of our minds, they are ttc anyway so it seems a little juxtaposed.

I don't know. Maybe it's all the BFP in here (as pleased as I am for you all, its just a little difficult to digest) or maybe im just hormonal. Im not even sure why im posting this.

I guess i'm just wondering out loud if a little diplomacy is needed sometimes? Especially for the girls who are wtt for medical reasons.

Ugh... I'm not sure :cry:

It's a tricky subject. I'd say it's ttc, after all you're not preventing! You are wanting to get pregnant and not preventing, therefore it's ttc.

It doesn't bother me too much, but I totally see where you're coming from.

It can hurt when you hear people NTNP getting pregnant, cause we do want it, but I am happy (and jealous) hehe x

Thanks Jen hun, im really not trying to be a bitch or take over, as i say, the more girls the merrier! I just think sometimes, people need to be a little careful what they say. :hugs: (Not you. lol)

You already know I think youre right.
Its not that we dont love ALL of you and enjoy your company,its just sometimes people are in WTT a couple of months on NTNP and then post their BFP's in here.Of course we are happy for you all,us broody girlies love a BFP just as much as anyone else but it stings a little!
Maybe we could request a NTNP sub-forum in TTC?xx

:hugs:

I do agree, don't worry I didn't think you meant me hehe.

TTC is such a tough subject and obviously is filled with heart ache as much as joy!

I can see your point - but not sure if there is any real answer to it! I think everyone just has to realise what a hotbed of hormones it can be with a large group of women - let alone a large group of women who are broody, on fertility treatment, and pregnant! - and remember to be considerate to those who are desperate and waiting or desperate and not managing

xx

I dont understand the need to say "im not trying not preventing" surely thats still TTC even if your not charting and doing all the cycle watching.....:shrug:

Hi Girls :hugs:
Can I just say that I totally agree hence why I haven't been back here since last week. (Only popped in to check a different thread out)
My DH and I had decided that we were going to wtt until July after a mc in december, but I done opks this month as well as continued charting mainly to find out whether I O consistently round the same time each cycle as they can be a bit irregular. Well to cut a long story short I had a positive opk on weds of last week and we both felt we had to give it a go.

I had such a lovely welcome particularly by those that have already posted on this thread but you're right girls unless people are using contraception or deliberately avoiding fertile days their home should either be in the sub-group or failing that in ttc.

I hope the days pass quickly for you all and when the time comes I hope :bfp:s speed their way to you.

big :hug:xxx

I can completely understand what you mean. I always wondered why the NTNP girls were classed as WTT when it surely is TTC? It's the approach to TTC I would like to take anyway, I am not charting and won't be using OPKs anymore either. We just want a baby and aren't using protection so I guess we could be considered NTNP though I would class myself as TTC and stay in the TTC section.

It's not that it bothers myself other girls NTNP being in here, it's just that I would not put myself in here as being in that position I class it very much as trying for a baby.

As for BFP's - all announcements and photo's should go in the appropriate sections anways, it was my understanding that that was a forum rule? Or I might be wrong... anyways

*hugs* to all you girls. I just wanted to say Drazic<3 that I can see where you are coming from and I don't think it sounded bitchy at all :hugs:

I hope that the days pass quickly for all of you WTT and you will all join us in TTC and get your BFP's soon xx :hug: xx

i am totally with you. I think NTNP is a way of ttc not a way of waiting. Sure you're waiting to see if you'll get a bfp, but we're waiting to even be ABLE to wait for a bfp. If that makes sense. I love having everyone here. Maybe we should just keep the bfp announcements in the bfp announcement area and the ttc talk in the ttc forum. The waiting stuff and all the trials and tribulations of it all over here.

It really does 'sting' hearing about all these bfps when we can't go even try not to prevent them. It's wonderful news, but makes me so jealous and even more broody! :)

I have been thinking about this too. Personally it doesn't bother me all that much, I do like to see some of 'our' girls getting BFPs, brings a type of excitement to me that I won't be getting myself for a while!! I do see your points about how some WTT girls could feel it as a bit of a sting... Makes my currently subdued desires to conceive right here right now jump up a bit! :rofl:

I dunno, I don't think it's right to class them as TTC either, as although they might 'want' to get pregnant, it still might be too daunting to think of it as 'trying to conceive'. Iykwim.

Yet if another section WAS made, there aren't THAT many of them...are there? So it might leave them a bit lonely?...

xx

ETA: I completely agree with what TashaAndBump (I just added plural...a sign??>.....:p) I don't want to start off with charting and using OPKs and really TRYING trying...I just wanna stop preventing and see if anything happens that way. I'd still want to slip into TTC at that point though! :)

ETAA: Just wanted to say I'd never hold it against the NTNP girlies, at all, just agree that I've been thinking 'it's not REALLY WTT is it?' Think everyone belongs where they feel most comfortable to belong.

Thanks so much girls. You really are a fantastic, understanding bunch. :shy:
I was just worried I would upset one or all of you!

I think me and OH will move to NTNP, and I will obviously be back to speak to all of you, (though there are a few of us July girlies moving over!) I will be very concious of how people are feeling.

I see not one thing wrong with contributing, or chatting or having a journal in wtt if you ntnp, but would it be horrid to suggest that when you go get preggers, you keep it to the journals and bfp announcements? Does that sound fair? Obv, its just a suggestion.

You all rock, btw :hugs:

Hey hun

I totally see your point and i was thinking about this too. I personally feel NTNP is TTC as you are not stopping it. but this is just my opinion and i respect everone elses. But at the same time i dont know if i would class it as TTC.

I know maybe there inbetween lol so its a whole new group lol, hehe

I love everyone who is WTT and NTNP, i just think there is a difference between the two!

In my opinion if you are not taking precations to prevent a pregnacy then you are ttc because you are accepting that you could become pregnant (unless you are not have sex at all lol !!!) although you may not actually say you are ttc as such. I guess that there is not really a right or wrong place on the site to be !!!

i flit around atm, im Waiting for a true af so i can start Trying activeky charting etc atm im not preventing,

i tend to just comment on threads such as names, or sims or relationships or something

Now i feel really bad because i stayed in here for the few months i was NTNP. Although now i am back to WTT completely. For me it was a comfort thing staying here because it's where i knew people :shrug: Sorry if i offended/annoyed anyone :( x

ETA: For me when i was NTNP i felt like i didn't fit anywhere. I didn't fit in here, but equally i didn't fit in TTC because the majority there are charting, using OPKs etc etc. So when i would try and explain what i felt was going on with my body in there i would just repeatedly be told that the only way to know was to chart etc. I definitely didn't fit in there because me and OH didn't want to do either of those.

No hunny, don't think that at all.
Its the bfp's and things like that - you have always been thoughtful and caring.
:hugs:

I just wanted to sound out, maybe I shouldn't have started this :(

The majority agree with what you said though, and i do agree that BFP announcements shouldn't go in here. I just hate feeling like i've made anyone else feel bad. When i was NTNP i made sure not to post questions relating to that in here, i either kept them to myself or posted in TTC. xx

NTNP is basically TTC in my eyes. If you aren't using protection then you could potentially make a baby :shrug:

NTNP is basically TTC in my eyes. If you aren't using protection then you could potentially make a baby :shrug:
I agree completely. If you're not preventing a pregnancy and still having intercourse, you're TTC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->