Is ovulation possible even if you don't get a definite positive opk?

Pne1985

Reaction score
I started testing early because I think I normally O early. So I felt cramping and ewcm on CD7. CD8's test was probably the darkest. They started getting lighter and yesterday's test was darker (still not positive) which would have been CD11. Today's is much lighter and not much CM going on. Unless it's going to all come at once, I'm not sure if I could have ovulated already without having a for sure positive? My cycles are around 26-28 days. Last cycle was 28 days. Here are the tests in order of the 3 days that I mentioned.

Attachments

• IMG_20160314_090614.jpg
    IMG_20160314_090614.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20160313_144853.jpg
    IMG_20160313_144853.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_20160314_082314.jpg
    IMG_20160314_082314.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 16
I'd have to say yes its possible to ovulate without a positive OPK
There are a couple reasons why you may not get a positive opk that I can think of.
1. Urine is too diluted
2. Short surge and you just missed it

Yeah its happened to me but i confirmed o with bbt if you are worried maybe do bbt next cycle.least you know for sure

Yes, I miss about a 3rd of my ovulations on the opks, but BBT, CM & CP confirm it. OPKs are great, but you need to consider them in combination with everything else.

I agree- I miss my pos OPKs pretty regularly- like this month. I didn't mark yesterday as a positive, but now seeing today's test- I am close to changing my mind.

Oh geeze! Ok, I am wondering now if I did in fact already ovulate and earlier. If I don't have any other signs within the next couple of days, then I'm going with it already happening! I guess it's more common than what I thought! I haven't been testing at the same time and with a hold so maybe that's why. We have been dtd every other day since day 7 so will continue with that or more until like day 16.

I agree- I miss my pos OPKs pretty regularly- like this month. I didn't mark yesterday as a positive, but now seeing today's test- I am close to changing my mind.

Do you have a picture of your test? I know they say that a close to positive is still a negative, but maybe if it is darker still, there is a possibility that O is happening!

Do you have a picture of your test? I know they say that a close to positive is still a negative, but maybe if it is darker still, there is a possibility that O is happening!

Here is a pic of the four days of tests- this morning being on the bottom.

Attachments

• opks.jpg
    opks.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 13

Here is a pic of the four days of tests- this morning being on the bottom.

Yesterday's does look darker. What cycle day are you on?

CD 11 today- which my average day is cd 13... but I have O'ed as early as cd 10. so 11 isn't unrealistic.

CD 11 today- which my average day is cd 13... but I have O'ed as early as cd 10. so 11 isn't unrealistic.

What's your normal cycle length? And the actual process of ovulation usually doesn't occur right when you would get a positive right?

Average length is 25 days.. And once you get a positive- usually ovulate 24-48 hours I do believe :)

Average length is 25 days.. And once you get a positive- usually ovulate 24-48 hours I do believe :)

Oh you have a short cycle as well?! And I thought so with he 24-48 hours. So since I had cramping and EWCM on the 7th day and the 8th, could have been a positive. Then which would make me actually ovulate on CD9 or 10. So it could be possible that I didn't get a blazing positive and already ovulated?!
Haha I like putting every possible scenario in my head! :wacko:

Ok, so this is my opk for this morning (cd13). It's the lightest one so far. So unless it goes from this to a blazing positive tomorrow, I'm counting ovulation over. Unless I O late, but I don't think so with having shorter cycles? And since I have been more in tuned with my body, I don't think I've O'd later than CD11.

Attachments

• IMG_20160315_210128.jpg
    IMG_20160315_210128.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 6
Wow that is very light... I ended up testing again yesterday and actually getting a blazing positive. So mine went dark, lighter, and then positive... there is still a chance that you didn't miss it..? Are you using fmu, or is there a chance it is pretty diluted?

This is today's and I used smu for both yesterday's and today's so it shouldnt be that diluted. So I'm thinking I had my positive but my urine was too diluted because I tested whenever.
So you ended up getting your positive closer to when you expected?
I'm pretty dry down there and cervix is closed or almost like after O. We started dtd every other day starting on day 7 so we will see. We should have last night but I was tired and thought since there is no signs of O, and I wasn't in the mood, it would have been more work than pleasure!

Attachments

• IMG_20160316_095309.jpg
    IMG_20160316_095309.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 2
I had a barely second line Sunday pm then a very clear positive Monday pm so it's possible

Here is my positive from yesterday- I had a lot of EWCM, and was super horny... lol

Still feeling that way today, not as "wet" tho... but we will still be dtd today and tomorrow just for good measure.

Attachments

• IMG_5340.JPG
    IMG_5340.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 6
Well good luck to both of you ladies, looks like you're close together in the cycle!
I'm feeling out even though I'm only 2 weeks in. I just don't feel like dtd because I am like "bone dry" and my sex drive is obsolete so I don't see the use since my husband's swimmers wont like what I'm throwing out there for them! Haha.
Keep me updated on how your tww's are going!! :)

Orglethorp is right about temping alongside opk use. I didn't get a full positive in my opks with either pregnancy and rarely did the rest of the time either. It wasn't diluted pee or lack of testing since I kept bags of cheapies around and tested multiple times a day I just never got the test line to get equally dark but they got close.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->