is Red a strange name?

catty

Reaction score
I have started to like the name Red even though we had chosen lucas. i keep thinking of it. it would Red james findlay. is that ridiculus, iv never heard it used as a name before apart from the man from the 70s show

thanks

It reminds me of a tv character too but i can't think of what/who.
I like it as a name. :thumbup: Different but not too wierd iykwim.

i wouldnt use it either but if u love it, go for it :)

I personally think there are plenty of other boy names out there, why settle for a color?
Sorry but think of how other kids will treat him and such, is it worth it??

Personally, I think it sounds like a nickname, so I wouldn't use it. But your baby of course!

Sorry but I wouldn't use it either, to me its not really a name. I do love Lucas though!

I know someone who's daughters NN is Red at school because her name is Ruby, think it suits as a NN more than an actual name. but if you like it go for it. :flow:

You could always use it as a nn for a name that means "red"? That way he'd have a more "official" name to use if he didn't like Red or got teased or for job applications etc.
Rory means red, as does Rufus.

i do think its a bit strange, the first thing i thought is would you call your child blue or yellow? cause its pretty much the same its a colour in saying that though i wanted to say if you love it go for it but whats the chances your child will love it? i do love lucas though x

Thanks for your honest opinions, i really dont think we would use it as we are pretty set on Lucas. For some reason now we have decided on a name i just keep thinking of all these different ones but after a few days im always back to Lucad

thanks i needed some realistic thoughts haha - i do still like the name 'Reid' though which is more normal but i no i wont settle on it

I don't hate "Red" for a name. I mean, it's different. Maybe "strange" to some, but isn't everything "strange" to somebody? I think it's kinda neat. I'd keep it on the back burner if it's something you love!

What about Redmond? You could shorten it then. I love the name red, but I wouldn't have the balls to name him. As much as I love it. Its like blue, I always thought that was cute.

"Red" reminds me of Shawshank Redemption. The character Morgan Freeman plays! :thumbup:

Thankyou!! shawshank lol that was begging to bug me

i quite like it, redford? red for short,

i met a guy in vegas, Called Blue, his last name was Jeans..

I wouldn't use it personally but if you like it that's what counts! Go for it :thumbup:

Red was my little sisters nickname (ginger) lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->