Is there a growth spurt at 5/6 months??

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by NG09, Jan 27, 2011.

1. NG09

NG09 Well-Known Member

My LO has started wanting a bottle in the night again, he isn't doing it for comfort as he drains the full 6oz bottle, he is having 30oz & 2 meals a day, he is also draining his bottles throughout the day, he is on 6oz at a time, do you think I should try increasing him to 7oz and see how he goes?

2. smokey

smokey Mummy to a monkey

Oh god yes and its a big one :)
    Try the 7oz it cant hurt, he will take what he wants or even try adding a small bottle mid morning or somthing.

3. ouchwithNo.2

ouchwithNo.2 Well-Known Member

ooh yes - growth, development, weight, up a nappy size, clothes dont fit...!!
    yes, would try the extra ounce with each feed - may prevent a night waking x

4. NG09

NG09 Well-Known Member

Thanks, his sleeping has gone to pot over the last few weeks too, he was STTN before..... I knew it was too good to last!!! lol

5. kirstylm

kirstylm Well-Known Member

I reckon so hun. Eva has 3 meals a day now and eats a lot! She also has 2 x 7oz and 1 x 8oz bottles and still wants more! Its all about the FOOD at the mo with her! lol!

6. ouchwithNo.2

ouchwithNo.2 Well-Known Member

LO's did too - lasted 6 weeks :wacko:
    Got through it though and she has been back to normal now for 2 weeks.
    A lot changed over that time though, physically x

7. NG09

NG09 Well-Known Member

Well he was on 3 meals but he started to really drop his milk drastically to the extent he would hardly take any so I took away his dinner and he seems to be back on track with milk, taking more than ever now I'd say, I've never known him to take 30oz in a day. Not a lot compared to some babies but it is for him!

8. JayeD

JayeD Well-Known Member

Oh no!!!! Another growth spurt? J is already in 12 month clothing. I can't imagine putting him in 18 month clothing in a few weeks.

But that does explain why 7 oz and 2 meals doesn't seem to be filling him up like it used to. I think I'll have to bump him up to 8 oz and 3 meals.

9. aliss

aliss Well-Known Member

Yes we went through a major one (every hour to feed). Once it was done (I think 3 weeks) he suddenly only woke once a night (he was normally 3-5x a night) so yours will probably go back to STTN

10. emsiee

emsiee Mum of 2

I would deffo up the bottles for your LO. :flower:

As for the growth spurt, I really think Jess has trebled in size over the last few weeks, shes sooo heavy now and is in 9-12 clothes, some 12-18 months!