Is there a growth spurt at 5/6 months??

NG09

Reaction score
My LO has started wanting a bottle in the night again, he isn't doing it for comfort as he drains the full 6oz bottle, he is having 30oz & 2 meals a day, he is also draining his bottles throughout the day, he is on 6oz at a time, do you think I should try increasing him to 7oz and see how he goes?

Oh god yes and its a big one :)
Try the 7oz it cant hurt, he will take what he wants or even try adding a small bottle mid morning or somthing.

ooh yes - growth, development, weight, up a nappy size, clothes dont fit...!!
yes, would try the extra ounce with each feed - may prevent a night waking x

Thanks, his sleeping has gone to pot over the last few weeks too, he was STTN before..... I knew it was too good to last!!! lol

I reckon so hun. Eva has 3 meals a day now and eats a lot! She also has 2 x 7oz and 1 x 8oz bottles and still wants more! Its all about the FOOD at the mo with her! lol!

Thanks, his sleeping has gone to pot over the last few weeks too, he was STTN before..... I knew it was too good to last!!! lol

LO's did too - lasted 6 weeks :wacko:
Got through it though and she has been back to normal now for 2 weeks.
A lot changed over that time though, physically x

Well he was on 3 meals but he started to really drop his milk drastically to the extent he would hardly take any so I took away his dinner and he seems to be back on track with milk, taking more than ever now I'd say, I've never known him to take 30oz in a day. Not a lot compared to some babies but it is for him!

Oh no!!!! Another growth spurt? J is already in 12 month clothing. I can't imagine putting him in 18 month clothing in a few weeks.

But that does explain why 7 oz and 2 meals doesn't seem to be filling him up like it used to. I think I'll have to bump him up to 8 oz and 3 meals.

Yes we went through a major one (every hour to feed). Once it was done (I think 3 weeks) he suddenly only woke once a night (he was normally 3-5x a night) so yours will probably go back to STTN

I would deffo up the bottles for your LO. :flower:

As for the growth spurt, I really think Jess has trebled in size over the last few weeks, shes sooo heavy now and is in 9-12 clothes, some 12-18 months!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->