Is there any hope for me?

Sarah69

TTC for 5 years
Reaction score
Hi there, I hope you don't mind me "butting in". I haven't been on here for a while.

Briefly, I am 42 & my OH is 46. We have been TTC for 5 years and I had a MC in 2007 at 12 weeks. We have both had tests and I've been on Clomid and Tamoxifen. We don't want to go for IVF or IUI etc. I went on another TTC forum and got told (very directly) by a lady on there that there was no way I would ever get pregant naturally due to my age etc so if I wasn't going to try IVF I may as well give up now.

I know I'm probably hoping for a miracle to happen but am I fighting a losing battle here? I don't want to give up TTC just yet even though I know we've been trying for ages. Is anyone else TTC naturally like me at my age or am I the only one?
xx

hi sarah im feeling the same im 42 43 in march and ive been ttc 16 months i do have older children but would love a baby xx

Thank you - just feeling time is against me at the moment but I won't give up just yet. xx

hi sarah69 Just wanted to let you know I too am 42 and dh is 42. I have 1dd who is 12--been trying for awhile for #2. I too am trying naturally and figure for me at least if it is meant to be it will be --hard to keep positive at times but I come on here and the ladies here are wonderful and guaranteed they will make you laugh and smile!! You are not alone--welcome!

Hi Sarah- There's a LTTTC thread that's for ladies who've been trying a long time..great group of ladies ..anyway if you'd like to pop in and say hi and check it out I'm sure you'll be glad you did :)

Of course there is hope for you! I know age has something to do with it, but it took me forever at 29 to fall and it's taking forever at 34 (35 soon) so it's just a crap shoot there are no steadfast rules. They told my sister at 39 they did the egg quality test that she would have 1% chance of conceiving on her own. She gave up lost weight and bam she was pregnant.

Sarah, snap! :hugs: I'm 42 and TTC#1 for about 18 months now with not one BFP to my name :nope: I'm not on any meds, other than the usual supps and not plannning to do anything other than natural. I have my moments, but I'm not giving up and neither should you until mother nature tells you otherwise.

Don't feel alone, we're all here for each other, have a read through the threads and come and join us :hugs::flower:

Sarah, snap! :hugs: I'm 42 and TTC#1 for about 18 months now with not one BFP to my name :nope: I'm not on any meds, other than the usual supps and not plannning to do anything other than natural. I have my moments, but I'm not giving up and neither should you until mother nature tells you otherwise.

Don't feel alone, we're all here for each other, have a read through the threads and come and join us :hugs::flower:

Hi Jax - lovely to "meet" you. It seems we are in a very similar situation :hugs:

I hope you are feeling positive and good luck - keep in touch. xx

Hi Jax - lovely to "meet" you. It seems we are in a very similar situation :hugs:

:hi: Sarah, and you too! I read your thread and thought, OMG that's me!

Have to say my PMA was shot to bits towards the end of last year and my DH is not giving me the easiest of TTC journeys (long story, won't bore the pants off you just yet!! :haha:) but 2012 feels a good year so yes I'm feeling fairly positive - long may it continue!

Keep in touch too, I'm always here for a chat and a shoulder to :cry: on either on the boards or by PM :flower::hugs::hugs:

Ps. and in answer to your 'is there any hope for me'? I don't know I wish I had the magic wand to say yes but all I know is that we have to keep trying no matter how soul destroying it can be xXx

:hi: Sarah, and you too! I read your thread and thought, OMG that's me!

Have to say my PMA was shot to bits towards the end of last year and my DH is not giving me the easiest of TTC journeys (long story, won't bore the pants off you just yet!! :haha:) but 2012 feels a good year so yes I'm feeling fairly positive - long may it continue!

Keep in touch too, I'm always here for a chat and a shoulder to :cry: on either on the boards or by PM :flower::hugs::hugs:

Ps. and in answer to your 'is there any hope for me'? I don't know I wish I had the magic wand to say yes but all I know is that we have to keep trying no matter how soul destroying it can be xXx

Yes I lost my PMA at the end of last year but I'm feeling positive too.
Take care xx

There's always hope. I'm 40, diabetic and was trying for 21 years to get pregnant again. My son is 22 in June, I'm now 8 months pregnant with same father to my son (my hubby who's 60 in August) Never give up, what will be will be. x

There's always hope. I'm 40, diabetic and was trying for 21 years to get pregnant again. My son is 22 in June, I'm now 8 months pregnant with same father to my son (my hubby who's 60 in August) Never give up, what will be will be. x

Wow, congratulations! That has given me some hope - thank you and all the best with your pregnancy - how exciting. xxx

Hi Sarah, I'm 42, too and TTC naturally. Had all but given up, as I have PCOS and Diabetes that makes my cycles and periods very long. Then at the end of the year, I had two 30 day cycles and what appears to be fertile mucus. I'm hoping that 2012 will be our year!! I keep holding on to the fact that my grandma had my mother when she was 43! My poor dh didn't know what to think when I've attacked him three times this weekend! Unfortunately, he works out of town M-F, so this might be the only chance.

Not sure what has brought it on, but I'm not complaining. I did have an ovarian cyst rupture in July, (worst pain ever,) and have lost 26 pounds since November. So maybe that is why?

Good luck to us all. :)

Please don't ever give up hope. I am a little younger than yourself, but have low AMH so my odds aren't that great either. We did all the meds for over a year, and not a single BFP. Doctors are pushing for IVF, but we decided to quit all meds and try naturally again. I respect that you want to do it naturally; all meds did was burn a financial hole in our pocket with repeated ultrasounds, drugs, and appts. I've got my fingers crossed for you!!!:thumbup:

Thank you for your replies - I really appreciate it. Struggling at the moment and had a few tears this morning about it all - it does wear you down from time to time.

Anyway, we'll keep trying until we decide otherwise. Keep in touch and all the best to you.
xx

:dust:

Sarah :hugs::hugs: just to say I'm thinking about you! I didn't have tears this morning but I did have a few 'if only's....' but we can't change the past, we have to try and stay strong for what the future holds, whatever it may be :flower:

Babydreamz, thanks for your post and wise words, I have been chewing over whether to do the small meds stuff (although I know my DH won't be up for it and we can't afford IVF etc.....) and if it's all really worth it for me. I've been TTC for 16 months now no BFP in that time and am fast coming to the conclusion that ignorance is bliss and do I really want a man in a white coat telling me I may never be a Mum? :shrug: I'd rather leave it to Mother Nature, after all she calls the shots here!

Big hugs to all of you :hugs: xXx

Sarah :hugs::hugs: just to say I'm thinking about you! I didn't have tears this morning but I did have a few 'if only's....' but we can't change the past, we have to try and stay strong for what the future holds, whatever it may be :flower:

Thanks Jax :hugs:

I sometimes wish I could look into the future and know whether I am able to get pregnant and have a baby then I wouldn't have to go through this long and painful process. I'm not giving up yet but, boy, is it a struggle. xx

Thanks Jax :hugs:

I sometimes wish I could look into the future and know whether I am able to get pregnant and have a baby then I wouldn't have to go through this long and painful process. I'm not giving up yet but, boy, is it a struggle. xx

I know and it seems like it will be never happen...... :hugs::hugs:

But you could get a reading?! The girls on the Happy Holidays thread have been using a lady called Gail, it's not very expensive (£5.50) I think, am almost tempted myself, might raise my hopes again!!! :happydance:

I know I'm probably hoping for a miracle to happen but am I fighting a losing battle here? I don't want to give up TTC just yet even though I know we've been trying for ages. Is anyone else TTC naturally like me at my age or am I the only one?
xx

My best friend tried for 2 years, naturally, and had her daughter a year ago. She was 42. There is hope!! :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->