Is there any hope

AmyGibb1997

Reaction score
so I went for my private scan yesterday at 8 weeks exactly. As soon as he put the probe on I knew something was wrong. He said there is a gestation sac measuring 6 weeks exactly but no yolk sac or baby seen. There’s also bleeding around the sac.

I’ve had no pain or bleeding myself and feel completely fine apart from sore breasts and bloating/constipation.

I’ve got another scab booked with them in 10 days time.

I also phone my EPU and they have booked me in for a grand against scan on Thursday.

What is the likelihood they will see something on Thursday, or that a baby will appear in 10 days? I had my first positive test on the 31st of may, with my LMP being 6 of may so I really don’t think I can be 6 weeks someone give me hope

Was it internal scan?
I am really bad with dates to be honest.
How many dpo were you when you had your positive test?
I'm really hoping you have a shy baby
Xxx

Was it internal scan?
I am really bad with dates to be honest.
How many dpo were you when you had your positive test?
I'm really hoping you have a shy baby
Xxx

It was an abdominal scan, they don’t do vaginal scans at the clinic I was in. I’m not sure how many dpo I was but was just less than 4 weeks after my LMP that I got my positive test. And by my period due date the test was blinding.
I’ve tried to calculate the dates and it just seems impossible for me to only be 6 weeks

Maybe you ovulated and implanted late? Implantation can take between 7 and 14 days so maybe, I'm not really sure tbh just have to see what they say at the next scan, and I'd request some bloodwork done to check your levels, if their rising you know everything's fine, good luck

Would I have got a positive test even after implanting late though? I just have no idea. The Sonographer was useless and kept telling me to be quiet every time I asked a question

I would wait for your scan Thursday Hun and go from there. Xxx

Abdominal scans this early are junk. You need a trans-vaginal one to really see anything at this point. Honestly I wouldnt worry too much until you can get another scan that’s internal.

And what do you mean he told you to be quiet when you asked questions??

Agreed with the other girls, wait for your next scan and see. Cant believe he told you to be quiet, I know it's their job to concentrate but your worried for God sake of course you'll ask questions, some sonographers I've had in the past has been like this, good luck for you next scan

Good luck at ure next scan hon and I'm so sorry u had such a rude tech. I mean telling u to be quite that's bad. Esp when ure worried.

You really should have had an internal scan to verify the dating if the abdominal was showing a discrepancy. With mine I was lagging behind in dates and continued to stay at the six odd week measurement. But all my scans were internal so there was no doubt and I knew I couldn’t possibly be that early going by when I got a positive test. But I would agree with the other ladies and wait until you next scan and I would be asking for an internal though, abdominal at this stage isn’t accurate enough x

My LMP was on 5/4 and I dated 6wks on 5/26. They did not see more than the sac on the external ultrasound but when they did the internal they saw the baby and heard a heartbeat. My periods are quite irregular so I guess I just ovulated late. Perhaps this is the case for you? Good luck!

Had an internal scan. Sac is measuring 7-8 weeks but nothing inside. Absolutely devestated. I only learned about my last MMC in April where I was 12 weeks

I'm so sorry hun

I am sorry Hun, I can not even imagine how you are feeling xx

Had an internal scan. Sac is measuring 7-8 weeks but nothing inside. Absolutely devestated. I only learned about my last MMC in April where I was 12 weeks

I’m so so sorry huni xx

@AmyGibb1997 I am so SO sorry hun xx Have they advised on what to do next or what will happen xx

I have to go back next Thursday for another scan as the sac was measuring just under the limit that they would confirm MMC for definite, but the Sonographers have said that they don’t think anything will have changed.

The wait is absolutely horrendous

Ohh Amy you poor thing, I honestly feel your pain Hun. I've been through it. The wait is unbearable. You will get through it hun and were all here for you too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->