Is there anyone who is putting off seeing the midwife?

ellemonkey

Reaction score
I had a scan on the 19th August and so far I have been reluctant to book another appointment, Im just not ready for the intervention and having my hopes dashed of another HB.

I know I have to have another scan but will it be booked if i don't see a midwife?

All this fundal height stuff stresses me out, im small, my babies are small, my last one constantly measured behind and in total we had about 18 growth scans and a crappy birth. I just want a hands off approach which I dont think i will get.

Rant over.

ive not put off seeing my MW at all in fact ive had extra appointments with her and my consultant considering this isnt my first or even second pregnancy. normally they fuss abotu you less when its not your first baby, i dont see why having a smaller baby should be such a huge concern for a HB unless its premie

It's ultimately your choice whether you see the MW. Mine asked me when I wanted to see her again yesterday which I was impressed about. I'm not sure about the 20 week scan, I thought it just got booked in, but perhaps the midwife books it after seeing you at 15 ish weeks?

You can decline fundal height measures like any other check if you don't wish to be measured.

You can decline any scans you wish, I'm almost certain. My midwife asked me if I wanted each one (just had the normal 2) and I think I even had to sign a consent form before she put in the request.

i booked my 20wk scan after my 12 wk one while i was at the hosptial lol

I didn't have scans at all in my first 2 pregnancies and kept just my community mw appointments. I've chilled on this one and had the scans but I'm with a different partner and tho he agrees with hb and keeping it all minimal intervention he isn't as radical as my late partner, he had all the same ideas on natural instinctive parenting as me. As long as you feel good in yourself and trust your instincts you'll be fine.

I think I'd be more stressed without seeing anyone and no scans. I also measure behind but i dont stress cos I know how inaccurate they are.

you can choose what you want done. if you don't want her to measure you then tell her. its your choice (i'm a nurse so i know you have to right to refuse anything). xx

As the others have said you don't have to have any scans or checks you prefer not to have. I know several women who have declined scans/BP checks/ bloods etc etc.

Here's an interesting article about scans.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->