Is there anything i am forgetting?

LizziesGrape

Reaction score
I'm off to New York on sunday for 8 nights on holiday :happydance:
I was just wondering if there was anything i needed to do different being pregnant?
Any advice about the 7 hour journey from heathrow?
Anyone know the temperature in New York atm??

I'm off to New York on sunday for 8 nights on holiday :happydance:
I was just wondering if there was anything i needed to do different being pregnant?
Any advice about the 7 hour journey from heathrow?
Anyone know the temperature in New York atm??

I am sure you have already packed your vitamins with you. Also, don't forget to walk around every hour or two in the flight and drink lots of water.

Temp in NY as of today is around 70 F which is above normal so be ready.

Have a wonderful trip..!!!

we had code orange on Sunday and Monday it was too hot.
but it seems next week it better... but pregnant you feel more hit so bring a lot of light clothing and an umbrella we had rain as well. And remember always have water with you whenever you go out in NY
If night flight you might sleep but if day flight might be harder as people move a lot in the plane you might be irritated or annoyed...
Very important
socks and sweater for the plane
Dr notes on your pregnancy and
insurance card....

Enjoy your trip

All packed and ready!
Yeah i find it hard to sit still anyway, so will be walking around being my nosey self :)
No doubt i'll need a wee every 10 mins!!
Oooo brilliant, good job i've packed light and breezy clothes :D
How exciting, thankyou :flower:

Flight socks which are special compression socks that help with your circulation. Request for an aisle seat so you will be free to get up and down as you please without distrubing anyone else. Drink lots of water on your flight. Also avoid what I had to go through and pee right before they require you to stay in your seats for takeoff on the plane. If you don't the pressure that will be put on your bladder is like no other. So even if don't need to pee try. Bring lots of snacks and try to eat a small meal such as a light sandwich before you board, cause have a bit of a fuller tummy does help with any kind of nausea. Be sure to get up frequently to walk around a bit and get your blood flowing. And enjoy your flight. I flew at exactly 16 weeks for a short weekend visit from CA to KY, and some of these things I wish I had known about such as the peeing right before takeoff. Hope you have a great holiday. Also right now it is pretty hot in NY the temp mya be only about 70-80 but right now the whole east coast is having a serious humidity spell which raises the temperture to a really uncomfortable state. So dress for the heat.

Flight socks which are special compression socks that help with your circulation. Request for an aisle seat so you will be free to get up and down as you please without distrubing anyone else. Drink lots of water on your flight. Also avoid what I had to go through and pee right before they require you to stay in your seats for takeoff on the plane. If you don't the pressure that will be put on your bladder is like no other. So even if don't need to pee try. Bring lots of snacks and try to eat a small meal such as a light sandwich before you board, cause have a bit of a fuller tummy does help with any kind of nausea. Be sure to get up frequently to walk around a bit and get your blood flowing. And enjoy your flight. I flew at exactly 16 weeks for a short weekend visit from CA to KY, and some of these things I wish I had known about such as the peeing right before takeoff. Hope you have a great holiday. Also right now it is pretty hot in NY the temp mya be only about 70-80 but right now the whole east coast is having a serious humidity spell which raises the temperture to a really uncomfortable state. So dress for the heat.

Thankyou so much, i shall go and get some flight socks right away. My OH has already contacted the airline and i have an aisle seat :) Oh no, I'm going to be pretty hot then, i live in the UK and its too hot for me today haha! :dohh:

I was there in my first trimester and was totally shattered (but I was feeling poorly anway, so I don't think that NY was to blame, lol!)

What I will say though, is that there is a lot of walking about and 'doing stuff', so unless you have been active for your whole pregancy, be aware you might need to take lots of rest breaks and go back to the hotel for little naps.

Be sensible with food from street vendors (stay away from the hotdogs!) and definitely pay a trip to one of the many cafe metros - build your own salads and pasta heaven!

Finally, most shops don't open until 10am, so if you are jet-lagged or an early riser, don't rush to get out there or you will be wandering and pressing your nose to glass a lot ;)

Hope you have a great time and get to do everything I didn't have the enegery for!

Oh one last thing - make sure you take a jumper for the top of the rock or empire state building, as it does get chilly up there (wind factor!)

xx

I was there in my first trimester and was totally shattered (but I was feeling poorly anway, so I don't think that NY was to blame, lol!)

What I will say though, is that there is a lot of walking about and 'doing stuff', so unless you have been active for your whole pregancy, be aware you might need to take lots of rest breaks and go back to the hotel for little naps.

Be sensible with food from street vendors (stay away from the hotdogs!) and definitely pay a trip to one of the many cafe metros - build your own salads and pasta heaven!

Finally, most shops don't open until 10am, so if you are jet-lagged or an early riser, don't rush to get out there or you will be wandering and pressing your nose to glass a lot ;)

Hope you have a great time and get to do everything I didn't have the enegery for!

Oh one last thing - make sure you take a jumper for the top of the rock or empire state building, as it does get chilly up there (wind factor!)

xx

Awww!
I can see myself getting quite tired too!
Just can't wait for a break tho, me and my OH deserve it after everything lately.
Were staying in the Empire Hotel and it looks beautiful and apart from a baseball game and a football game the rest of the time is down to me :)

I just cant wait to shop for my little boy :)
And take all the photographs i can.

Thankyou for your advice, really appriciate it :flower:

Flight socks are the socks that prevent DVT, and make sure to excercise while on the plane, if you dont have the socks atm, dw, they sell them at the airport. Heathrow is hectic as hell, Id say make sure you get there in plenty of time, so you dont have to rush around to get everywhere in time :)

xx

Awww!
I can see myself getting quite tired too!
Just can't wait for a break tho, me and my OH deserve it after everything lately.
Were staying in the Empire Hotel and it looks beautiful and apart from a baseball game and a football game the rest of the time is down to me :)

I just cant wait to shop for my little boy :)
And take all the photographs i can.

Thankyou for your advice, really appriciate it :flower:

You are very welcome :)

We went to see a baseball game and I really enjoyed it. Was very long though, like watching cricket. Lots of goodies to eat while you are there, which helps. Wish we could have watched football, but it was out of season.
Again, have a lovely time xx

Flight socks are the socks that prevent DVT, and make sure to excercise while on the plane, if you dont have the socks atm, dw, they sell them at the airport. Heathrow is hectic as hell, Id say make sure you get there in plenty of time, so you dont have to rush around to get everywhere in time :)

Absolutely make sure you get enough time in your schedule just don't rush... there is a lot of people in NY and a lot of walking... only if you plan to rent a car which is useless there is a lot of traffic all the time... LOL

Im in NJ and an hour from NYC. IT IS SO HOT!!!!!!! Yesterday was about 97 and today is about 82 right now. Stay cool!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->