Is this a panic attack??

AllyTiel

Reaction score
I've had this happen occasionally for about 8 years. I will have just gone to sleep, but then my eyes pop open and I feel like I'm breathing but my heart isn't going. So I sometimes jump out of bed thinking it will start my heart again or I will sit up quickly in a panic and gasp. I always feel my pulse and make sure my heart is still beating. This usually makes my heart beat fairly quickly. This typically happens when I'm worrying about my health in general, and I have some health issues we are trying to get worked out right now. Anyone else experienced this?

I've experienced slightly similar to this! It deffo does sound like some form of a panic attack, can I ask how often it happens?

Hope your okay now! Xx

it could be, or it could be this sleep disturbance thingy - OR you might have a cardiac arrhythmia - Go to the dr, request a 24hr holter monitor - it reads your heart beat for a full 24-48 hrs. It would catch any heart issue you might have :) Many times there is this type of arrhythmia you dont really notice it during the day, but in the evenings when you are chillin or going to bed that is when you notice it. Meanwhile next time this happens, take a big deep breath and cough hard - sometimes that helps :)

I have it, but cant remember the name right now :)

Its happens probably every few months. My heart also skips beats during the day occassionaly. I had my heart monitored one time prob around the time I noticed my heart skipping beats. Results came back normal.

It does sound like it could be anxiety/panic, I have had similar wake up when falling asleep, you should of course always tell our doctor if concerned but its probably "just" that XXXX

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->