is this behavoiur normal terrible 2s

nessie01

Reaction score
hi my DD is nearly 2 and we have definalty hit the terribe 2s. she is a very strong willed wee girl who is also very affectionate and lovely however after today im wondering if the tantrums and testing is indeed normal for most toddlers this age!!! we must of had about 5 tantrums today, constant testing on limits, the constant battle over everything like gettting in to the buggy or carseat , getting dressed, nappies etc.... we do timeout/timein with her and she has complete understanding of this and it does work usually lol!!

anyway tell me this is all normal and what to do!! cheers in advance

I'm afraid so. Amelie goes through little patches like this when shes a nightmare then she gets better for awhile and back to another week of devils child!

It's absolutely normal!! My son isn't at that age yet, but I was a nanny for 5 years and went through the terrible 2's with both kids, as well as having helped raise some of my nieces and nephews, so I can still say with authority that while it's a major pain in the butt, it's totally normal! The best thing you can do while she is throwing a tantrum is walk away... once she realizes that she doesn't have an audience, and that her tantrum is having no effect most of the time she should calm down. It's better for you and your blood pressure too!

thanks guys!! phew glad to hear shes not one of a kind lol....

Only 5? Lol - I've had at least that already this morning! :nope:

sounds just like my 20 mth old...dont even get me started on getting into the pram at the moment.

yup exactly the same here he has days where i darent even take him out lol

Yep, it's a sodding nightmare! "Terrible" is not a strong enough word.

Lx

welcome to my world... i honestly dont know how we can survive if this lasts a year!!! hes horrific and your right, terrible aint a bad enough word x

gosh sounds like my ruby! we get spells of devil child lol the pram is the worst!!! i pick her up from nursery and we walk home for fresh air and its just a nightmare to get her in her pram and i feel like the nursery staff just watch and judge - im sure they dont but i just feel embarissed lol. she is an perfect child for them,.,, typical!! xxx

lol thanks guys reading your posts makes me feel so much like a normal mum!!! this better not last into 3 thou arghhh

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->