Is this kind of pain normal?

victoria1987

Reaction score
I have had some pain in my pubic bone and lower back since about 16 weeks but it had always been a nagging ache that inconvenienced me as opposed to truly painful. Over the last few days though it has become so much worse. It started Sunday when I had a busy day with lots of walking and by the time I got home I could barely walk. It has been like that since, I have this intense pressure/pain in my pubic bone, my lower back and a shooting pain down my right leg. I can't cross my legs and getting up from sitting or laying down causes me enough pain to actually cry out. I can't even walk properly! It looks like i'm waddling and I have a really hard time making it down the stairs. Every time I need to turn over or get up to go to the bathroom at night I wake my DH because I am almost crying in pain.

I know that pregnancy is supposed to be uncomfortable but it seems like this might be abnormal, I'm only 26 weeks and not sure I can cope if it is like this and worse for the next 14! Is this just normal pain or should I call my midwife? It is making my life very hard, I really can't do anything I need to do because moving hurts!

Almost sounds like SPD with sciatica thrown in. You might want to call your midwife to have it diagnosed. My doc suggested tylenol for my SPD and maybe a belly support belt as there are no true remedies for it. Physical therapy might also be an option if it is truly bad and midwife refers you to one.

Well. I think it's normal. I've been in pain like this. First of all, it's your body saying "slow down". You have to take it easy, and can't walk as much as you would like. I would call your midwife to get it checked, just to be sure. They can give you exercises to do so that it stops hurting. Good luck!

You probably do need to take it easy but anything that's making it difficult to walk or making you help out loud is probably not normal.

It may be nerves and obviously the muscles stretching and sciatica and all sorts and won't be affecting baby at all, but it's still good to get it checked because if there's stretches you could do at the start of the day which may help relieve any pains you get??

Like if you know what's causing it etc then there may be something you can do to at least stop it getting so bad :)

Definitely call the midwife :)

I'm 23 weeks, my baby feels low down so I have started to get that waddle effect when I walk and I can't cross my legs very often. I walk up and down this big hill on the way to work, and in don't get any pain that makes me upset or struggle.
Getting up out of bed is more of a roll onto my side and have to rock back and forth a bit to get momentum to push myself up at times! But never pain!

So please get it checked :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->