Is this normal?

newlywed13

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I'm at a loss right now. This is my first month charting and after a blaring positive OPK the morning of CD15 and a lesser intensity in the evening and a slow increase in temps the following two days I was sure that I had ovulated. Now on CD18 I have a huge dip in temp (35.5 C). The days before that I was at 36.5 to 36.7. Is this normal or am I doing something wrong?

Not sure about temping Hun but good luck hope you get a bfp soon . Xxx

Thanks, we have been BD like crazy in hopes to cover all the bases, I'm just worried I may not be ovulating.

Sounds like a fallback rise. Id expect your temp to jump back up in the morning x

My one and only BFP month, I had a couple dips after ovulation before my temp shot up and stayed up. Good Luck!!!

It does sound like a fallback rise, but a 0.1 degree dip isn't too big either. My temps are rising, but then this morning dropped 0.09 degrees from 36.59 to 36.5. I'm not too worried, fluctuations like that are quite normal for me. Keep watching it over the next few days, it'll probably go back up.

x

So mg temp today did go back up to 36.5 which is close to the average of what its been all cycle, I'm starting to be worry I haven't even ovulated yet....

My cm is pretty dry , nothing on the tp so I had to use my finger and barely anything came out. Also attempted to check my cervix and it felt hard and closed...can't comment on the position as I've never really checked it before.

I think you O'd. but seeing how your temp went so low and shot back up like that again, it can take some time to rise. For some, it shows a slow gradual rise after O. Id say if your CM is dry, your CP is firm (which it is after O) and you had a +ve OPK a few days prior, Id say all good signs ;)

To be honest it doesn't look like uve ovulated. Thats not to say it wont happen soon but there is no temp rise to suggest u have already x

Could the fact that I'm not using a bbt thermometer be an issue?

So I've decided to go back to testing using OPKs to see if maybe my body geared up to ovulate and just didn't make it. I'm also going to look for a BBT thermometer but so far I can't find one anywhere - tried shoppers and rexall and no luck.

yes it could be why your chart appears anovulatory, I got mine from ebay

Thanks will look on eBay. Took the OPK and it came back negative

So temp this morning was 36.8 - one of the highest temps all cycle. Fingers crossed it will stay this way. Really starting to think the thermometer is the cause (its a fever one) as it seems to default to 36.5 a lot.

So temp this morning was 36.8 - one of the highest temps all cycle. Fingers crossed it will stay this way. Really starting to think the thermometer is the cause (its a fever one) as it seems to default to 36.5 a lot.

I think the thermometer is my problem too. I'm going to see if I can find one today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->