is this normal?

storm11

Reaction score
hi all had my bubby on the 8th via c section, was allowed home on friday, all be it i was a bit sore getting in and out of bed etc etc, any way last night i was sweating so much i would take the quilt off then cool down n get back under the quilt, i was sweating so much i made the sheet wet, clamy palms etc, i feel ok in myself, still a little bit weak and a sore back from the spinal block. maybe a little spaced out now n then but i put that down to still being on so many meds. i not got abdo pains or nothing. also my boobs are huge and leaking but im not breast feeding, is it likely this could cause part of the back pain? sorry its so long xx

I'd say it's totally normal. I retained a LOT of water in the days after my section, and once I was home I sweated like a pig!
Even ended up with a sweat rash on my face from trying to put make up on top to disguise it. It only lasted a couple or three days, and I felt a lot better afterwards. Obviously it's the body's way of getting rid of stuff that needs to come out. Hope that helps!

i sweated buckets after mine....i mean buckets!!!

Take yr temp though....check you dont have a fever.......ie keep an eye out for infection!!!!!!

Yep me too. It was awful but I'd say it lasted less than a week. I think it's just water retention.

I sweated like mad after my section especially at night for about a week

Drink plenty of fluids to keep hydrated and it will pass

I sweated like mad in the hospital, and also when I got home and it lasted 4 weeks! I think its hormones.

I didnt have a section last time but a difficult birth and i was like this my nighty in hospital was soaked by morning eugh. Thought i was a big gross sweaty beast.. turns out its normal lol
Just make sure youre not running a temp! xxx

thank you all for your replys ladies, i wasnt so bad last night. the only other thing is sneezzing really hurts my tummy and holding my tummy dont seem to be helping im worried i'll hurt myself i sneezed twice last night and was in agony x

its awful and coughing :( try pressing a pillow against ur tummy , dint make a difference to me tho :(

Have you tried a warm shower? It was a few days before the nurses let me take one and it helped me feel less gross. And your boobs will leak for a bit even if you're not BF. It'll stop once your body realizes it doesn't need to produce any more.

I didn't get the sweats though. I got the shakes and the nurses told me it was due to hormones.

I had a chest infection the day before my induction with a horrendous cough, that was the most painful thing about the c-section and holing my tummy didn't help either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->