Is this pregnancy test OK for 5 weeks 6 days and I'm 25dpo? Looks a bit faint.

Lizzyxxx

No.3 On the way!
Reaction score
As title says but I think it looks a bit faint, like shouldn't the test line be a bit darker than control line by now?? Paranoid! Digi still reads 2-3

Attachments

• WP_004695.jpg
    WP_004695.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 28
it's fine, mine was about that at that stage, as long as its getter darker its perfectly fine

But my digis's are not going up, they are stuck on 2-3?

digitals aren't as sensitive so would show the increase as quick as a line test would

Unless I'm missing seeing a line that is in no way faint!!! :)

No it's not so much faint but I thought it might be as dark as control line by now and I've seen ladies with 3+ at 5 weeks 3 days

Ah. Well normal HCG levels at 5 weeks are anywhere from 18-7300. Clearblue digital weeks indicator gives a 3+ for levels over 2000. So you're still fine :) Even 6 week normal levels are from 1000 - 56000 depends on when you implant.

I think I implanted at 8dpo as I had a implantation pain but thanks for the figures, it helps me

OMG the digi is still reading 2-3!!! ��

First off, I totally understand your fear and I am so sorry you are having to deal with it. I've had a tons of anxiety this pregnancy and I wouldn't wish it on anyone. :hugs:

Different people process hCG differently. You can have MUCH higher levels in your blood than your pee. It all depends on what your kidneys are doing and how much of the hCG your body is using. It is totally possible to get a 2-3 weeks reading on a digi at 6-7 weeks. Also, hpts are stupid. The results can depend on how much water you drink, you body's personal circadian rhythm cycle, any vitamins/meds you're on, etc, etc, etc.

My test line at hcg = 5,000 was only half as dark as it was when my hcg = 2,500. Scared me so bad that I ran to the ER. Ultrasound and hcg blood work showed everything was fine and doctor said to STOP PEEING ON STICKS. He said the hpt's are TERRIBLE at showing progression after more than the first week or so. I haven't take one since.

I know nothing I say will take away the fear, but remember that you're not bleeding/cramping and you do have a positive test. That's what matters. I would honestly recommend stopping the POAS thing at this point. The stress those tests cause is no really awful, and if they're stopping you from enjoying your pregnancy, that's no good.

yeah that looks good!
I dont think it matters the darkness of the line, as it can be effected by many factors such as how dilute urine is, what you drank and ate.
The best time to test is first thing in the morning with first morning urine.

But if it is any comfort, i had very faint lines until about 26 dpo. I put it down to late implantation. I sent it urine sample to doc a few weeks ago who confirmed the pregnancy so i would do the same!

And congrats you are pregnant!

P.s. don't keep testing, a line is a line. Trust your body and let it do what it needs to do! :) :happydance:

The clear blue should read 3+ by now, it did with my other 2 children!!

Maybe you implanted a bit later? So I wouldn't worry!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->