Is this the start of PND?

cdj1

Mummy to 2 princes
Reaction score
Hi girls

I have posted threads on BNB before about my DH and I who have now been married for just over the year, and his lack of desire for any physical intimacy for a long time now, even before we got pregnant (LO is now 6 months old). Some may wonder why I still married someone who went off sex, but I just thought it was a phase, we all go through them from time to time, but unfortunately it turned out that this is a pattern that he followed in all previous relationships but he hadnt seen his GP or anyone about it because...well, no offence, but he is a man and they dont like talking...

Anyway, we have finally started seeing Relate on a weekly basis, and I would like to say that I am feeling better about it, but I dont, in fact lately I have found myself imagining life without DH, but the only thing holding me back I think, is of course the number one priority in my life, our DS. What I mean is, I dont want our DS to be without 2 loving and together parents, I owe it to him at least, to try and fix this relationship.

The trouble is lately in general, I guess as a combination of the troubled marriage, and just general tiredness from DS waking up a lot at night (he is teething) and the pressures of being a new mummy, I find that I am feeling so teary and negative, I'm not myself, I'm just a "husk" of me. Its no wonder women get post natal depression, when I compare my emotions from the euphoria of having my new baby and the early days when I was getting to find my feet and enjoying my role as mummy, then after the breastfeeding settled down at around 4 months and DS started to be weaned, my hair started to drop and my periods came back :growlmad: I started to feel a bit ugly. Due to the problems in my marriage and lack of intimacy, DH hasnt helped, he very rarely notices me at all. But its all getting to me now.
Something else that troubles me is my relationships with new mums that I meet...it seems that the early joy of meeting up with mums from my ante natal classes when the babies were younger has dwindled and they no longer contact me to meet up...I am starting to feel like there is something wrong with me...I have taken it very personally that I get turned down for meetings or not contacted at all. In such a small community as where we live, its impossible to just "make other friends" (we live on an island!)

I was just wondering if what I am feeling now DS is 6 months old, is normal? I dont know if it is any different because I am breastfeeding? DS no longer seems to enjoy feeding off me as much, I guess due to his awareness of other things. Maybe its my hormones? Is anyone else experiencing these feelings?

Awww hun, first of all, big hugs. You're definitely not alone in your feelings, and it's great that you've acknowledged them - that's the first big step.

I got diagnosed with PND just before Christmas, when LO was 9 month old. I thought it was too late for it to be PND but in my case, the dr said that I'd been through so much with Sophie being born so early, and I had months of having no choice but to cope, and then eventually it all caught up with me.

I do think that the symptoms you are describing could be some kind of depression - I would definitely say to speak to your GP. I'm on Fluoxetine now and feeling so much better. Sounds like you've been through a lot of different emotions with your marriage etc.

Just wanted to send you some hugs.

xxx

Awww hun, first of all, big hugs. You're definitely not alone in your feelings, and it's great that you've acknowledged them - that's the first big step.

I got diagnosed with PND just before Christmas, when LO was 9 month old. I thought it was too late for it to be PND but in my case, the dr said that I'd been through so much with Sophie being born so early, and I had months of having no choice but to cope, and then eventually it all caught up with me.

I do think that the symptoms you are describing could be some kind of depression - I would definitely say to speak to your GP. I'm on Fluoxetine now and feeling so much better. Sounds like you've been through a lot of different emotions with your marriage etc.

xxx

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 60 views and no replies was quite upsetting. Thanks again xxx

xxx

Thank you for taking the time to reply. 60 views and no replies was quite upsetting. Thanks again xxx

I can imagine - especially if you're already feeling low. Don't take it personally though hun, it could just be people googling PND and this thread comes up. I'm surprised you didn't get one reply though :( Maybe other people who could help were like me and just didn't see it yet? Anyway, I'm here if you need to talk. PND, if that's what it is, is a horrible thing and I do think you should go to see your GP. I just wish I'd gone sooner :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->