Is this too cheesy to do for a girls name?

seoj

Our family of four...
Reaction score
Ok... so my name is Shawna, my hubby goes by Shane (which is his middle name, but better than his first name- lol- and he's always gone by it)... and the only name so far we both really like for a girl starts with an 'Sh' also... lol... is that too cheesy?

Part of me feels a tad bad if we do that as our oldest is Mia- so she's be the only one without the 'Sh' sound in her name... lol. I'm probably totally over thinking this right now huh?

Sorry not to share the name- but we decided to keep our "idea's" private till we decide on a name... then we'll share. I know I know...

Thoughts?

A bit :blush: Sorry, i cant tell a lie LOL

Umm .. I dunno.
Shawna, Shane Mia and Sh ..

No I actually think it would be fine :flower:

i think if you like it then it doesnt really matter.
if somebody comments on it the just think whatever lol, i know i would.

I know what you mean about your eldest feeling left out though, but it does seem very petty really

just to add, if its a name you like that just happened to be a SH name then thats different but to go out looking for a SH name so you match is a bit odd to me. Like the families whose name ALL begin with J or something, idk i think its silly.

I guess I've just always been drawn to names that start with 'S' or 'Sh'... lol... maybe cause I'm used to it with my own name? haha.

Part of me thinks it's too cheesy- but I do love the name...so really, it shouldn't matter right?... I mean there are people that name all their kids with similar names, or all start with same letter, Or even name them after themselves... so why not something similar to the parents?

Guess we have time to figure it out... haha... maybe we'll find another name we like more?

just to add, if its a name you like that just happened to be a SH name then thats different but to go out looking for a SH name so you match is a bit odd to me. Like the families whose name ALL begin with J or something, idk i think its silly.

Actually, it's the ONLY name we picked so far that even starts with an 'S' - it just happens to be a really cute name we both really like... I would not do this on purpose! haha.

I also liked the name Brenna... very cute... but my niece is Brianna, so that felt too "similar" to me! lol. Maybe we just name this one Mia also and be done with it! HAHA- TOTALLY KIDDING! I would never do that ;)

I say go with what you two want. If that is what you like then you shouldn't let others influence you.

Just like my brother and his wife. They have three kids. The wifes name is Sarah, 3 kids are Hannah, Noah, and now Micah. And none of us friends or family think it is weird that they all match.

It's your baby, name your baby what you want. Who cares if it's a bit cheesy, it's special to you.

I think if you and your OH agree to on a Sh... name than that should be it. Don't worry what others care. If you guys like it go for it. My husband and I decided to do all C's. I mean it works for us. HTH

I am a firm believer that you should go with the name you like! It will only be obvious if you have to list off everyone by first name - which rarely happens really. We're in a similar situation in that I'm not a big fan of naming all the kids with the same letter (happens alot around here with J, K and A). But now we're on our second and the only girls name we can agree on is also an "I" name! But if bubs is a girl we'll use it - we just love the name too much not to! xxx

I honestly don't know. This is me & my OH's first child. and on his dads side all the kids have T's to start off their name. I understand if its a boy that he would want to give him his name, but its a GIRL! and he still wants the baby to have a T in her name, i said ok for the first child... BUT the next one will be free to have whatever name we choose unless its a boy.. why dont you ask mia how she will feel ?

I wouldn't say so.

A friend who I went to school with was called Chayla. Her siblings were Chloe, Charlotte, Chelsea and Charity. Their mum was called Chandra.

You should go with what ever name you & OH like. Don't let people put you off!!
If I heard the name in question plus yours & your OHs name, i wouldn't think you'd done it on purpose. I would just naturally think you liked the name and it happened to start Sh. Not that it matters if you have done it purposely. Your baby, your choice!! :) xx

I think it's fine if you like it, it is cutesy but it's your family OWN it if you like it. My husbands brother, wife and kids are Erik, Erin, Evan and Ella so... it is a thing ;)

Thanks ladies... I appreciate the encouraging feedback :) We did mention it to Mia and she just kinda gave us "the look"- lol- but she knows it's not intentional or anything-- plus, she likes the name... so if it sticks, then it is what it is. Right now it's my fav name!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->