is this trapped wind? please help

san7861

Reaction score
have been suffering from abdomen discomfort since week six and now I am 10. it starts after eating and after eating I can feel my stomach rolling, bloating starts and the pain as well. When I wake up in the morning I am still bloated. The pain is hard to describe, its not like a normal stomach ache or cramps but feels like pain when stomach is full of gas -its not a sharp throbbing pain. I am not passing wind at all and the only time I get some relief is by burping which does not come out too often. The pain lasts for hours and hours and its not a throbbing pain. IS THIS TRAPPED WIND PROBLEM? i have not been able to eat well and have lost 5kg since week 6. I have tried a number of things such as degas tabs, ginger, peppermint team but nothing seems to help. The abdomen pain is just above and around and below and around the belly button.anyone going through this?

Sounds like it could be trapped wind. To know for sure, contact your doc or midwife.

Early on I had horrible constipation and trapped wind. What helped me the most was eating smeller meals, almost like snacking healthily throughout the day. I also found that walking on my treadmill for 30 min after a larger meal (i.e.: dinner) helped a lot. After eating your digestive system is most active. Take advantage of that and walk, which helps things... move along. Also, lying in your left side is best for the digestion process so that may also help relieve any trapped wind.

But honestly... eat smaller meals. It helps!!

I cant even eat an apple sometimes or a small meal...feel bloated all the time. doc has said it seems first tri pregnancy problem and it will go away with time......but I am thinking now of getting a second opniion

Hi san.. i've had abdominal pains on and off.. a few times the mf thought it was gastric and not uterine so i had small sips of aerated drinks with salt, and it helped. Another thing that helps is drinking warm water, and caffeine isn't completely forbidden so i would even try some kind of warm herbal tea that helps move your digestion along. Dunno why peppermint didn't work for you but i would go for spicy teas coz peppermint is generally cooling and supposed to work for nausea not wind. If possible, could you describe the symptoms a bit more? The times i've known it's trapped wind is when i am so bloated and uncomfortable i keep getting up to pee but the bloating doesn't go away, and peeing itself is uncomfortable. Do you feel anything like that?

Laying flat on your back on the floor with your legs up on a chair at a 90 degree angle will help your body pass some gas naturally. SIMETHICONE however will be your godsend. You can get it from a pharmacy/chemist, and it is safe during pregnancy. It breaks up the gas into smaller bubbles and helps your body pass it more easily. I've had awful gas with most of my pregnancies - including this one. Very painful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->