Is this true?

BabyLuv88

mother of 2
Reaction score
I'm sure many of you know the answer of this.... but I don't and I am really curious cause I've asked a few people and that's what they said.

IF YOUR HAVING A BOY: your contractions come from your back and it's actually like a really sharp back pain...

IF YOUR HAVING A GIRL: your contractions are very similar to period pain but 100x worse...

so I am sure many of you had a boy and a girl and know the answer to this... :thumbup:

hi

that is what I also heard

with my son my contractions did come from my back and it was sharp ... but I never had a girl after that or any other baby for that matter so cant answer on the girl part ...

Hi I have had 6 children 3 girls and 3 boys I have had no contractions in my back or pains.. only in my tummy....xxx

Um nope I had a girl and all my contractions were down my back/butt didn't feel much at the front - but she was back to back :)

Labour pain with my boy did come from my back... but he was back to back so I don't think its because he was a boy hehe

I think it's more to do with hiw baby lies than what sex I had 5 children 3 girls 2 boys 1 of each sex was c - section but all my labours have been back pains which was because ( apparently) they were back to back !!

My labour with my son was all in my back but he was back to back, so I assumed that was why. My scans so far have said this one is a girl so I guess I'll find out in a few months! :)

My labour was in my tummy with my boy no back pain at all. I hadn't heard differant sexes gives you differant labour pains im having a girl this time so will intresting to see if its any differant

I was induced with my girl and the contractions were ALL in my back until the very end of labour; my son came on his own (late, of course! :dohh:) and the contractions were period-like x3000... But I'm not sure I'm a very good example due to the induction :shrug:
I'd never heard that before though! Something new... ;)
xx

Almost everyone tells me this is true but I guess not... with my daughter it was period like but when I was pregnant with a boy at 16 weeks I lost him due to contractions and it was all in my back... but still I don't believe it's true.

I have siatica on my left side and had a boy and I had no back labour.

All my contractions were low and in the front and felt more like a painful pressure than anything. I didn't have an epidural, and honestly the worst part was when the contractions came so close together that I couldn't catch my breath. Yes it was painful, but it was more of a needing to push feeling than anything for me.

I'm pregnant with my first so no personal experience but my friend just had a boy last week and said that her contractions felt like she was constipated.

When my mom had my sister she said that she had a hard time pushing because she couldn't feel the contractions because they were in her back

I've had two boys and my contractions were not coming from my back. They felt like very bad period pains.

I had back labour with my DD and didnt feel a single tightening in my tummy at all so i dont think its true lol x

Labour didn't really hurt for me :haha: I guess I could call it almost like period pains, when I got to 8 centimeters I remember thinking that it started hurting like a period cramp

I have had two boys, and neither were back pains. My second labor was like having bad period pains, but in all honesty, they really were not that bad. Very tolerable, and I didn't need any pain medication. With my first I was induced and those contractions were like the worst period pains ever imaginable!! I thought I was going to die.

I had a boy and for me it felt like my hips were being ripped apart and really bad period pains. I was induced so that might explain the feeling of my hips being ripped apart, once my contractions were closer together, just felt like sharp period pains all in front.

I don't think the sex of the baby makes any difference - how can it? I had three very different labours with all my girls x

For me it's not true. It was similar during both labours, all in my tummy with DS and DD.

I've had 3 boys 1 girl all tummy contractions except for my daughter never felt a thing. No contractions at all just pressure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->