"is your mum and dad in"

lau86

Reaction score
No i friggin own this house!!!!!! WTF?? ha ha. Why do people assume I'm twelve when they come to the door?? I'm 26 btw.... I'm tall but have a young face. Got no idea why people don't just ask if the home owner is around or a more neutral question??

Well today i found a way to work this to my advantage- guy comes to the door selling drive cleaner or something I'm not remotely interested in, asks THE question, and i just say, oh sorry I'll have to check and close the door!!!

Do you ever get this or is it just me and my poor hubby!!!

I know how you feel, we had our tesco shopping delivered the other day and the lady delivering it asked to see my ID!!!! For shopping????

I told her that there wasnt any alchohol in the shopping so why did she need ID (despite the fact im nearly 25)...she said that they had to make sure that the person accepting the shopping was over 16!

I showed her my ID...and also my 1 year old toddler and she was quite embarrassed. Although it did make me feel quite youthful!

:haha: I always get assumed to be quite young! Im dealing with a lot of estate agents at the mo and hardly any of them can call me MRS,they always say miss, even though i correct them every time. one of them actually commented i was too young to be married.....im 25. x

I get this too and I'm 33!!!!!! Drives me bloody nuts. X

I always had the opposite when I was little, I looked too old! I'd have people trying to sell me things or offering switch my energy supplier and I'd be like 12 :lol: I'm sure no-one believed me when I told them! :dohh:

lol i get that sometimes too!

I always say no if they are cold calling

Not quite the same, but i got ID'd for Calpol once!! Suitable from 3 months... :dohh:

I get this still and I'm 32. I can't go out drinking without ID because I normally get asked for ID.

My sister is 38 and still gets asked.

Not quite the same, but i got ID'd for Calpol once!! Suitable from 3 months... :dohh:

You still have to be 16 to buy it as it has paracetamol in and even though it would take a lot for an adult you can still overdose on it so it's still part of the only being allowed to buy 3 lots of painkillers at a time x

I get it allll the time.
Sometimes useful though ;)

You still have to be 16 to buy it as it has paracetamol in and even though it would take a lot for an adult you can still overdose on it so it's still part of the only being allowed to buy 3 lots of painkillers at a time x

I know. Its just a bit mad! Ive not been mistaken for under 16 in a long time :haha: Maybe i will appreciate it in 10 years!

To be a problem. Yes, I'm married (at 20), yes I own this house (at 22), etc.
However, within the past 2 years it hasn't happened as much (I'm 26 now) and someone who has known me a while said that my face has (finally) matured a little. Wish my figure would catch up to my face...
But anyway, my OH is 18 years older than me and people sometimes ask if I'm his daughter. Guess I'm destined to be assumed to be the no-account forever. Psssh, the joke's on them!

Haha I get this too! I'm 24 but to be fair I do look about 14 with no make up on lol. I've had a woman phone before and thought I was a small child! Now that's just taking the p***!!

Xxx

This happened to DH.

I remember being in town once and an older guy asking "Does your dad know your out in town?!" I told him no, "but my husband does." He didn't believe me!

i have it quite alot too when we lived in uk,on phone and in person, came in soo handy when cold callers rang / came knocking, im also rarely approached in the street for surveys/questionairres etc

Ergh i hate this! I always get ID'd and asked if my parents are about! I got ID'd for a 15 film when i was 19 and 6months pregnant!! I also got ID'd for paracetamol while doing the weekly shop with 2 kids in tow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->