"is your mum and dad in"

This has happend me and my OH lol. We are 25 and 26. I nearly always get asked for ID when im out too. I have a very baby face and im small too. So maybe thats why but it can be so annoying sometimes. I remember a time I was out for a meal with a group of my family and one of the waiters thought I was a child. There where 3 kids there. One who was my own. The waiter asked where there 7 adults and 4 childern. Everyone said no 8 adults and 3 childern. He just looked at me to say yeah right! I was so embarrassed but annoyed at the time time! Lol.

Asking for ID I can understand. At least I know in the US, not asking and the person turning out to be underage can mean major legal headaches and loosing your job. Some managers check the videos to ensure the cashiers are checking ID and many register systems require a DOB input to complete the sale.
But automatically assuming at a restaurant or whatever is more rude. It doesn't help that so many teenagers are running places, the kind of kids who consider 30 ancient, so their ability to guesstimate ages is pretty skewed. Then there are older people who consider anyone under 40 to be a kid...

I try not to make assumptions haha

I don't mind so much when people ask for id for things as companies can get into big trouble if they don't and the person is underage.

Iv had this also, when they knock and ask for my mum or dad, i reply with yeah she is in. . . In her own house or say on min i will call her n find out if she is in and shut the door ! !

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->