Isla Mae 6lb 7oz Posterior Birth Story

Islas_mummy

Mummy of 2
Reaction score
My LO was due on the 22nd August, I went into labour on the 23rd August and she arrived almost exactly 72 hours from my first contraction on the 26th August. I have only found this website recently so didn't get to tell my birth story......so here it is, better late than never!

The day after my due date (Monday) I went for a sweep at 1 o'clock and almost instantly I started getting pains in my back and thighs. By 9 o'clock that night I was having proper contractions every 6 minutes lasting about 45seconds. That night I didn't sleep at all, I had my TENS machine strapped on trying to rest but it was near impossible. In the morning (Tuesday) my contractions were still only every 6 minutes, so I phoned the MLU and they said I was coping well so to take some paracetamol and rest as much as possible.

The following day (Wednesday) my contractions were still coming but ranging from 9 minutes to 3 minutes apart, and I hadn't slept again so I went into hospital as I was shattered and needed to see if I was actually making any progress. I was only 3cm dilated!!!! I wanted to cry. The midwife also confirmed that the baby was posterior which would explain why my contractions were irregular and all in my back. She sent me home close to tears.....this was going to be a really long slog.

Well that night I AGAIN didn't sleep and by 5am I was so exhausted and at the end of my teather I phoned the MLU and sobbed down the phone, I just had a feeling that something wasn't right, so they told me to come in and get checked again. When I got in at 7am on the Thursday morning they strapped the monitor on my tummy and my contractions were coming only every 10MINUTES!!! Buuut when she examined me I was 6cm!!! Woooo I wasn't going home without my baby in my arms :happydance:

I waited 4 hours and they checked me again but I hadn't progressed, so they broke my waters and I got in the birthing pool. I hated the pool, as all the pain was in my back and I just felt like I wanted to be bent over, but I was really uncomftable in the pool. So I got out and opted for a shot of pethedine, which was AMAZING! It was wonderful to just have a break and rest for a while. But soon enough it had worn off and I was ready to push.

I was so exhausted by this point and my contractions were still only about every 5minutes. So in total I puished for 2 hours and 30minutes. The hospital policy was only to let women push for one and a half hours before intervening, but because the baby was visable and the midwife believed I could do it, they let me carry on. And I am soooo glad she did. To encourage me to push hard the midwife put a mirror between my legs so I could see her hair. I remember thinking it hurt soooo much and the only way the pain was going to go away was if I pushed her out, so after one last push out she came facing the ceiling!

I had a 2nd degree tear but couldn't have cared less because I was completely euphoric! My beautiful baby girl was born weighing 6lb 7oz with a mass of red hair and huge bug eyes. She was tiny and perfect.

12 weeks later she is the light of my life. It has been difficult as she has had silent reflux and feeding was a nightmare, but she's getting better and she's just such a joy that it makes it all better.

Thanks for reading this if you got this far! Sorry it was soooo long :haha:

awww...what a wonderful birth story! my lil girls got reddish hair too (11 weeks old) and she's totally adorable!

Thanks JoJo! Red haired babies are the best! lol! It is really cute.

Is anyone in your family reddy or was it a surprise? And congratulations on your little girl.

aww thanks hun x

Yeah - i'm a redhead, well it's quite dark auburn actually but my father and grandmother had red hair. What about you?

Congrats on your LO too! You don't live too far from me!

Awww that's lovely! No strangly enough neither me or my OH are even slightly red! But it turns out that my OH grandmother who passed away when he was a baby was a redhead!

And Isla is a proper bright red with very very pale skin and bright blue eyes, it's very striking but she looks like she's adopted because it's nothing like either of us! lol!!

Oh yes I just realised you're from South Wales too! Did you give birth in hosital? x

Yep I gave birth in the Heath hospital on the 2nd Sept but i'm from Caerphilly.

My lil girl is very pale with blue eyes too - i'm also pale but with brown eyes and her dad has blue eyes so she's a mix of both lol. In fact, I called her Amber as soon as she was born because of her hair colour x

Ahhh I gave birth there on the 26th August and my close friend had her little boy there on the 1st September, you were probably there the same time as her!

I love the name Amber that's gorgeous! My neice is a redhead too and her name is Ruby.....Ruby headhead as we call her! Bless X

i was going to call Amari isla :flower:

congrats on your little red haired girl! What a great job you did!

Thank you all :hugs:

Vaniila congratulations on your LO and I absolutely love the name Rowan, I had it picked out too! xxx

Congratulations, welcome to the world Isla.

V xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->