Isn't he massive . . .

My Oscar is on 91st Centile too! He seems bigger than other babies his age but i think hes just gorgeous, and your LO is too!

i like it, i feel all proud of my healthy chunk :D
babies are meant to be chubby :haha:

i like it, i feel all proud of my healthy chunk :D
babies are meant to be chubby :haha:

This is soooo true just coz hes bigger now doesnt mean he will be in a year time! I really dont get why people think babies will be the same as another there gonna be similar to there parents - i cant help if me nd my partner are broard with long bodies and oscars obv the same as us.

IF YOU HAVENT GOT ANYTHING NICE TO SAY . . . . F**K OFF

BE MEAN ABOUT MY BABY FEEL MY FURY :haha:

Oh god according to my nan I've given birth to 4 giants. They are all 'well built' and 'going to be huge'... apparently :wacko:

Man...2 weweks ago at 10 weeks my LO was 14 lbs...most of the comments about her weight come from my own mother...calls her fat every time she sees her

Ladies, big or small, all babies are perfect :flower: Girls with small babies often get their feelings hurt when they are told babies are meant to be chunky. Percentiles exist for a reason, there is a huge normal range.

OP I do know how you feel (mine is now off the charts and the size of a 3 year old), people look at him like he has some sort of disability because he can't talk at "3" or even "4" (his speech is a little behind for 17 months too). What can you do but shrug your shoulders :shrug: Yes, he's massive!

Tell them that McD's per ounce is cheaper and you blend it for his bottles.

Man...2 weweks ago at 10 weeks my LO was 14 lbs...most of the comments about her weight come from my own mother...calls her fat every time she sees her

If my mum said that i think id punch her :xmas1::gun:

Our doctor even said to us "she's a fatty" and I told her how rude she was.Lola is 98th for everything so no she is not fat,she's in perfect proportion for her height and head size thank u very much xx

I am always getting comments on how tall Kian is! Yes he is very tall for a 11 month old but I hate it when they say he's "fat". MiL is constantly calling him chunky because he weighs 21.5lb at 11 months but I think that is perfect for his height/age :/

LO is pretty big.. I use to get annoyed by peoples comments but now I don't really care, they're not important in our lives.
(That's just how I see it personally) Which helps me ignore the rude attitude of some people.

I even call LO chunky bum now! :blush:

I get this and he's only 50th centile. And then I'm made to feel like I should feed him less or something :nope:

I take it as a compliment, my roly poly bubba is so gorgeous I just want to eat her legs everytime I see them! I <3 chubby babies.

I was told my LO is stodgy :shrug: he was under the 25th centile at the time! He was tiny lol

Lol yes i get this... im not going to deny he is a big boy but he is very long too... i don't see that he is all that big, all boy babies in my family are so i guess i just see him as normal. Very much rugby material lol

wish people didn't feel the need to comment though.

I mum keeps going on about feeding him solids and hungry baby milk... just cause he is big doesn't make him hungry surely??? cause he doesn't seem to be to me :D

LO is pretty big.. I use to get annoyed by peoples comments but now I don't really care, they're not important in our lives.
(That's just how I see it personally) Which helps me ignore the rude attitude of some people.

I even call LO chunky bum now! :blush:

I honestly don't think that the majority of people say it to be rude ... they just say it for something to say :hugs:

Yes it's thoughtless, but as someone who's LOs have all grown up it is sometimes difficult to know what to say to Mums of babies that won't offend someone :winkwink: .....I want to show an interest but If I ask if they are crawling/walking etc then that could be seen as implying their child is 'slow', if I ask if they are sttn then that implies that they should be (which isn't the case), if I don't say anything at all then they might think I'm ignoring their LO :cry: ... so I guess some people just opt for commenting on how chubby (or not) they are, not realising that that can cause offence too :dohh:

I know what you mean tattiesmum! I often just say LO's cute or compliment their clothes or something which I think are pretty safe!

My youngest is 98th percentile for height and weight and everyone and their dog make comments...doesn't bother me when ppl say she's big cos...well...she is! Lol! Does however bother me when they say she's gonna be a big fat giant as a child/adult or if they make insulting comments like 'hello fatty'...then I get into protective mama bear mode :grr:

Clotheswise its been good as she sped through all the other sizes but now at 7 months her growth has slowed and she's managed to actually get a decent amount of wear out of 9-12 month range so I think she's starting to even out bless her :)

My little boy is 11 weeks today and weighed 17 pounds yestrday!
Yes he's big and chubby but i wouldnt change him... but poeple just LOVE to comment on him "oh he's a BIG boy" yes i know i lift him all day
"oh what are you feeding him?" em aptamil????
"why is he so big??" emm i dont know coz he is!!!

Feck off annoying people and your comments that are not asked for or appreciated ha!

Our joe is 16lbs 2 already and 9 weeks old. He isnt fat and our paediatrician said hes just a big boy! Not fat or overweight etc. So ppl need to realise that if a baby is in the 99th percentile (us) then it doesnt mean theyre fat. Joseph's daddy is a rugby player! Xx

I am always getting comments on how tall Kian is! Yes he is very tall for a 11 month old but I hate it when they say he's "fat". MiL is constantly calling him chunky because he weighs 21.5lb at 11 months but I think that is perfect for his height/age :/

wow! i guess she would def think my LO is fat then :haha: she was 21lbs at 6 months however now at almost 8 months she has barely changed in weight but has gotten significantly taller!

OP i've learned to just ignore ppl it used to bug the mess out of me but now i just say yea shes a big girl and keep going. most ppl dont actually mean any harm by it they just dont know how to control themselves and not comment. babies for sure come in all shapes and sizes. my best friends LO is only 3 days older than my LO and her daughter was born at a heavier weight yet my LO is WAY taller and about 3lbs heavier now. one thing ppl def forget to take into consideration is the size of the parents also.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->