it gives you wiiiiiiings....

xxsteffyxx

Single Momma
Reaction score
Red bull, Relentless, Emerge, Rockstarr, Kick, Blue charge, Gatorade... The list is endless to the amount of energy drinks that are around these days. Compared to just when red bull was the main choice.

I get up at 5am every morning and no jokes it's getting harder (when i pass my driving test it will be easier lol) and only a few months ago from january through to march 2010 i was ADDICTED to the stuff. At one point i would have two full cans of relentless a day and 5 red bulls... Around 1500mg of caffine a day to keep me going. But when my doctors told me i was on the brink of a heart attack at 21 i rapidly cut down. Started by replacing the cans with pro-plus so i could still get a kick of caffine. Now i might have 1 every few weeks just because of the caffine. I was foolish to think they were safe to the amount i was drinking.

My question is - what are your opinions on the stuff?
Do you drink it?
WOULD you drink it?

No I don't drink it, I've heard quite a few stories of people becoming addicted to it. Is it true that 1 can is equivalent to 15 cups of coffee or something rediculous?

Until i found out i was pregnant, i was on 3 cans a day of red bull, i was addicted!!! I love the taste and everything about it. My mum always used to tell me about people having heart attacks from drinking it. I would drink it again after pregnancy and breastfeeding yes. But just the odd can, not as much as before xx

Work out how much caffine is in a normal mug of coffee. Energy drinks vary from 30 - 35mg of caffine... if that helps??

I don't drink it and wouldn't. I had a little bit once and it set my heart racing. i think they taste vile and they're just not good for you. combined with alcohol especially

Up until I got pregnant I would have around 6-8 cans of redbull every single day, it is addictive, I've found it nearly as hard as smoking to give up! I dot even drink it for the caffiene, coz caffiene doesn't even effect me anymore lol, I could have 10 cups of coffee at bedtime ad still sleep fine! I just love the taste!

I also mix my vodka with it too.. obviously i my not pregnant days!

I don't drink it, I don't like the taste of the stuff. OH drank lots but has cut down as he was going a bit over the top with it all.

They dont seem to give me 'wings' or any kind of buzz really.I probably have the odd can once every blue moon.I know they are really bad for you and can increase the chance of a blood clot,stroke etc.

No just looked it up, red bull contains 80mg per can apparently and coffee about 75mg per cup, so about the same. I must admit I have had red bull with vodka before!

I hardly drink it, maybe a small can about once a month. My o/h drinks these alot, he gave up drinking 2 years ago and has replaced alcohol with these, i just don't know how to get it through to his head its unhealthy (the amount he drinks) i'm sure abit now and again is okay, the same with everything else really.

Feltzy i used to drink red bull/vodka all the time before Jayden came along lol

i used to drink it before i fell pregnant. didnt have any while i was pregnant, and now im breastfeeding, so i dont want to risk giving all that caffiene to aiden. but it never affected me, i felt the same after a large can :shrug:

I really like the taste of red bull, but I only ever drank it when I needed the energy. Usually when I just got done playing a hockey game and had another game in less than an hour. I couldn't eat without feeling sick on the ice, but if I had nothing I wouldn't have the energy to play, so a red bull was perfect. I've never had more than one in a day.

I don't drink it. . .
I don't really like the 'empty calories' lol :dohh:

I don't think it's good for the body = /

I love Relentless mmmmmmmmmmmmmm I acctually had a can of it today, I Love the taste and the energy boost i get, I Only have a can once every few weeks, and i NEVER keep it in the house because i would just drink it none stop if i did!

I dont think i should really drink it at all because im trying to watch my sugar intake to help me loose wait but 1 can every so often cant hurt :)

I love the stuff! I used to be totally addicted before I was pregnant and then I totally cut down on the caffeine. Used to have at least 5 cans a day... on top of a couple of pro plus tablets! These days I only drink it a few times a week though. My favourite energy drink is Red Devil.

I was addicted to all the energy drinks you could get..I'd drink 12 cans a day of whatever redbull,cheap versions ect ect whatever i could afford..It didn't make me feel less sleepy i still felt tired but i couldn't sleep i got insomnia i couldn't wake up in the morning,
I also mix it with alcohol occasionally

I drink it now and again personally i don't mind it myself

I drink it now and again. Like the other girls have said more because I like the taste as it doesn't seem to have any affect. x

I like it but I dont drink it cause its got looooads of calories in it and its pure tooth rot! I dont fancy a huuuge dentist bill thanks very much lol! x

So many young people are having heart attacks because of redbull and other caffeine stimulate products :( Caffeine is addictive, thats why you will find people who need coffee, tea or redbull etc.

I actually did a research paper (on the effects of mice) on this a couple of years ago, if I can find it I will post it here. It put me off for life :(

I've never even tried a redbull before. :dohh: I am really not into the whole energy drink craze. I don't see the point really.

A bit OT but, I know a religious family that says drinking coffee is against their religion but they feel perfectly fine with drinking energy drinks. :dohh: Doesn't make much sense and a bit hypocritical IMO.

Maybe there's something to these drinks though. Someday I'll probably try one just to see how they taste. But I breastfeed right now so it's not my time yet. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->