It really annoys me when people say..."...."

Two of my SILs have had babies in the past year, at one of the babyshowers my MIL patted my hand and said "not to worry, it would be my turn soon". I know it was meant to be supportive, but it stung.

Two of my SILs have had babies in the past year, at one of the babyshowers my MIL patted my hand and said "not to worry, it would be my turn soon". I know it was meant to be supportive, but it stung.

Awwwwwwww,big hugs Hun,:hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

I also hate those that give me looks/make comments about using OPKs/CBFM.

Yes, it is a crime to try and pin point ovulation to increase your chances!!!
Makes me so angry along with the 'You have to be relaxed...blablabla...

It feels great to vent like that!!:happydance:

xx

:hugs::hugs:Don't get me wrong girls all the things that have been said to you have stung me as well but for me it's all the comments like 'well of course you wouldn't know/understand/feel because you've never had kids'. I have these comments said quite frequently, as I work with older women who often hark back to their child bearing/rearing days and I think they think that 'cos I'm 41 I've decided that kids are not for me and they say these things, they have no idea...... In their eyes I now have the joys of the menopause to look forward to, so they regale me with tales hot sweats and mood swings....deep joy!

:hugs::hugs:Don't get me wrong girls all the things that have been said to you have stung me as well but for me it's all the comments like 'well of course you wouldn't know/understand/feel because you've never had kids'. I have these comments said quite frequently, as I work with older women who often hark back to their child bearing/rearing days and I think they think that 'cos I'm 41 I've decided that kids are not for me and they say these things, they have no idea...... In their eyes I now have the joys of the menopause to look forward to, so they regale me with tales hot sweats and mood swings....deep joy!

Bitches ,:growlmad::growlmad::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Bitches ,:growlmad::growlmad::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

Yea Despie but they're actually really nice ladies and I enjoy working with them. I guess it's just insensitive comments that we all have to live with...

Big hugs girls!!!!! :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

People are so insensitive they only think about themselves and only talk about their experiences without thinking about how that will make people feel. When I was ttc it hurt alot to hear people say things like " just relax, it will happen when you least expect it" and " if it's meant to be it will be" or " your obviously not ready to have another child or you would be pregnant already" I mean geez is that really necessary?

I really hate people talking about it as if it is all my fault, maybe you should try drugs, treatments etc. Yeah because it has to be me right? Well OH has lazy sperm and smokes but no one ever says anything to him, except me of course. I know they want to help but really where do they get off?

What really bugs me is people that have kids and they say stuff like "omg I would DIE if I got pregnant again, it would be soooo awful!" it bugs me mostly because these are the chicks that end up pregnant AGAIN, while I'm still workin away at it! I know they are just venting also but I'm cranky and can't hear that crap right now!!!

I really hate people talking about it as if it is all my fault, maybe you should try drugs, treatments etc. Yeah because it has to be me right? Well OH has lazy sperm and smokes but no one ever says anything to him, except me of course. I know they want to help but really where do they get off?

Know the feeling Natsby, my Mum (of all people!!) has already suggested I get 'my tubes blown' - good God!!!!

I have so many I love but the ones that always come back to me are;
In my twenties - "I don't understand why you're still single, don't you want a family?"
In my thirties - "You should hurry up and meet someone, remember your body clock..."
Turning 40 - "I always thought you wanted a family too, you'd have been a good mum".
Imagine the faces when my bump started to show at 41! And yes, then the comments were - "I didn't know you where seeing someone?" It was so tempting to say "I'm not, it's called donor concieved". I held off though, I don't want it coming back to my LO before I tell him. So now I've my fingers crossed and am trying for a sibling, I can only imagine what will be said if that happens. LOL lots.

I
Imagine the faces when my bump started to show at 41! And yes, then the comments were - "I didn't know you where seeing someone?" It was so tempting to say "I'm not, it's called donor concieved". I held off though, I don't want it coming back to my LO before I tell him. So now I've my fingers crossed and am trying for a sibling, I can only imagine what will be said if that happens. LOL lots.

Good luck to you! If my guy hadn't come along when he did, I would have gone the donor route eventually, too.

As to the whole "I didn't know you were seeing someone," comment, I would have said, "Well, I didn't exactly SEE him. It was really dark on that street corner, you know." :D

Superawsome, You are so funny! Do you do a journal? I´d read it for sure if you do.

I

Good luck to you! If my guy hadn't come along when he did, I would have gone the donor route eventually, too.

As to the whole "I didn't know you were seeing someone," comment, I would have said, "Well, I didn't exactly SEE him. It was really dark on that street corner, you know." :D

LOL, I think I'll keep that one stored up for the next time, fingers crossed.

1. So, now you've finished your treatment are you going to try for the patter of tiny feet? (none of your business)
2. Aren't you too old? (no I'm not you cheeky mare)
3. Are you thinking of IVF/adoption? (not that it's any of your business but can we at least try to conceive naturally first and then see? Would that be ok with you?)
4. You look like you've put a bit of weight on...you're not *pats tummy* are you? (No, I'm menstruating thanks, and please don't touch me)
5. So...are you doing lots of practising atm? (yes, we're having sex at every opportunity. Last night we did it by the freezer section in Sainsburys, the cold air's good for the sperm)

I could go on...and on...

...what things that thoughtless (but well meaning) people say annoy YOU? :growlmad:

god was feeling very fed up today thank you so much for that chuckle and i love the cat piccie its great, understand completely am 44 soon to be 45 and i get what at your age !! ooh hang on to my zimmer from whilst i pull up my support tights. aarrghhhh:wacko: x

My latest from someone at church 'Oh you're so good with kids - have you not thought about having any?' Er, a)- none of your business b) - duh I'm 36 what do you think - that it hasn't crossed my mind yet??

I love it when people tell me I'm lucky I don't have kids....:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"