It should be me

T

Tanzibar83

Hey girls, I'm not looking for sympathy but me and hubby started TTC 9 months ago, when we first started we were imagining how our lives would be june 2011, we were both hoping I'd be due any day now...but I'm not even close. My friend on the other hand unbeknown to me started TTC no2 and is "due any day now" - So I'm going through a phase where I feel a bit bummed out - have you girls been feeling like that?

Oooo, it's so annoying, isn't it? And no matter how hard you try, you CAN'T HELP HOW YOU FEEL - which only adds to the frustration.

My friend, who's only about 14 months younger than me (I'm 37), has been TTC and has had one blighted ovum at six weeks and two out-and-out early mc's, and now she's about 15 weeks. She showed me her ultrasound pics the other day and while I'm very happy for her, I could've kicked myself because I teared up - not just because I find birth completely amazing, but because I WAS JEALOUS. Grr. I felt like a right jerk for it as well.

So I get it.

I don't think you're trolling for sympathy. What you want is commisseration - and you're in the right place for that, sweetheart. That's okay.

Yeah commisseration sounds good. I hate waiting for things too, it certainly doesn't help that I've got long cycles and never know when AF is due. I've resorted to psychic readings cause it's very annoying. I don't know what your situation is but me and hubby have told no one that we're TTC which helps in some ways but sometimes I just want to tell them (especially MIL who is eager t be a grandma).

*sigh*

I hope your friend has a happy pregnancy but I also hope that she doesn't push it in your face too much :)

Oh, and how much do I feel that way???? Sometimes?????

And she's the sweetest person as well.

Grrr.

As for the grandma deal, my mother, who's 76, has five grandkids and five great-grandkids, but my dad passed away six years ago and she of course is getting up there...I'd really like for her to at least KNOW I had a child, even if the child never gets to know HER (which sometimes breaks my heart - oh how my Daddy loved children).

I told my Mom we were TTC...she's already desperate to tell SOMEONE that we're even trying (shouldn't have told her - bad move) and I've sworn her to secrecy.

Trying not to pressure myself....trying not to turn into one of those women...and sometimes it's so hard not to.

3 of my closest friends are pregnant, i feel so happy for all of them, but so jelous at the same time seen as i am the only one that has actually been trying. life is so unfair, but i know i am mentally and physically ready for a baby, and my baby will have all the love support and comfort in the world

None of my friends are currently pg. Most just had babies but I have to deal pregnant women all day and that's really starting to get to me....not to mention some people at work who mean well know we're ttc so they keep asking...

And I try not to be negative but some days are harder than others

I feel it every time I hear a new pregnancy announcement from one of my acquaintances on FB or when someone posts new pictures of their baby on FB.

I really felt this when my SIL announced she was pregnant with her third and when she gave birth in April. I said it way too many times to myself during her pregnancy.

I know that my friend doesn't rub it in on purpose but the jealousy is amplified a million times over when I'm trying something which they've easily conquered. I know the theory and am doing the practical loads and loads, but it just doesn't seem enough!

I definitely have the jealousy syndrome right now
it seems like im trying so hard, and the ones that arent even
thinking about having a baby are popping up PREGNANT
im so happy for them, but so JEALOUS at the same time!!!
Ohhh how i wish that could be me!!

I'm dealing with this too. It seems like everytime I turn around another one of our friends or family members is pregnant. My sister had her 3rd child 1 week ago she literally got pregnant the day they decided to try. As upsetting as it is I try to look at the positive and know that one day that'll be us we just have to not give up.

Not to hijack - Sassy, you're making me homesick....I'm from North Carolina....and you see where I am now!

I get you hun, we waited till december to start trying as I graduate from uni (mature student and working full time too) in July and didnt want to be too pregnant when i was in the stress of my final year. Now its nearly graduation and we are nowhere near yet!! oh its annoying especially when people keep asking hey, oh well im sure we will get there some how :) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->