iTcH, itCh,iTch,itcH...

meowmeow

lil meow #1 soon!!
Reaction score
since past few weeks... my scalp, breasts and bump itch like crazy.
i dont have any crawling residents on my head :blush:
I wonder if there is anything that can help. I hate scratching all the time :grr:

Your boobs and bump will itch because of the skin stretching so much, not sure about your scalp, hopefully your heads not growing along with the rest of you ha!! The only thing you can do is moisurise, I've also been using derma bubble bath in my baths at night and my itching has stopped since using it.

I have been suffering from the same thing since 30 weeks. It is indeed from all the stretching. What I found helpful is taking an oatmeal bath, try Dr Teal's oatmeal bath powder, also if you are taking a shower, try using shower soap that has oatmeal in it. It helps soothe itchy skin. Other than that, when things are really bad you could use calamine lotions too.

I also have the scalp thing which is a bit more difficult to treat than skin elsewhere. I have been using T-Gel, a shampoo for itchy scalps caused by all sorts of skin issues. It smell very medicated and says not for pregnancy but my Doctor said it was fine to use. It has really helped, I only get the itchy now and again now.

J x

I find a natural oil can help with the stretching skin. I have some Boots Botanics baby oil that is quite lovely.

My midwife told me to pop some aloe vera gel in the fridge and rub that on my belly to help ease the itchyness. It's not a permanent solution but does give some relief for a while :)

hormonal changes, skin stretching etc..are obvious causes for your itching. Do keep an eye out though if it becomes excessive. One of the girls at my work ignored hers for a while in her first pregnancy until she was diagnosed with intrahepatic cholestasis.

I've scratched by bump til it's raw. It's insane itching!

Itching is common in pregnancy but itching can also be a sign of a serious condition known as obstetric colestasis. It can cause itching in particular on the soles and palms but i would still ask the mw to check.

That was me a few weeks ago.....my belly itched INSANE! So I finally gave in and got some Palmers Cocoa Butter lotion and applied a few times and itch is gone!!! WOOHOO! Now I apply it every time I get out of the shower....no more itching!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->