It's a Girl...Movie

here in US, people actually hoped I have a girl since I already have a boy. carrying a family name is becoming less important as people are having babies outside of marriage (some mother choose their maiden last name for their son)

I work with an indian lady and shes just had her 4th girl. Her 3rd girl is the same age as Amelie. Her husband is desperate for a boy and she will keep getting pregnant until she has one :( i feel sorry for her as shes getting older (i think shes 40) and already has 4 young children to care for as well as working full time as a nurse. Luckily her husband is very good and looks after the kids and house quite a lot which is unusual for an indian man i think.
I heard that in some of the areas of the UK, they don't tell the gender at ultrasounds for these reasons but idk, i dont think its confirmed.

I saw signs on the wall when I went for scans with LO that said "do not ask our staff for the sex of your baby" I asked the nurse why and she said it was just in case it was a family that wanted a boy it was a safety procaution but it was also because they prefer to spend the time looking out for defects rather then waist it on gender looking.
She did however tell us what we where having but only at the end once she was haoy all was well.

I dont think that with holding the babies gender helps, if a family is that determined to have a boy that they would terminate a perfectly healthy pregnancy whats to stop them from abandoning the baby after its born ... just saying.

they already do..alot of orphanages are overwhelmed by the number of abandoned girls..plus if they are not sent to official orphanages, they are looked after by some people till they are old enough for exploitation.

So in circumstances like that wouldnt it be the lesser of two evils to just let them know in advance so they can do what they will rather than bringing another unwanted child into the world to be neglected and exploited.

I don't think either option is the Lesser of the two evils. If parents are allowed to get gender scans and abort their female fetuses, it'll make girls easier to get rid of, which may devalue them even more. There could be more of an upset in the balance in percentages of males and females. Men can't find women who will marry them, can't have families of their own. When that happens, oftentimes women and girls are kidnapped from other villages, towns, or even different countries, and are forced into marriage with their kidnapper, forced to bear their children.

A girl who is born and abandoned to an orphanage does have the opportunity to be adopted. I guess it would depend on your own personal views as to whether that's better than being aborted or not.

I think the governments need to acknowledge that change needs to take place, and actually act to make that change, before anything lasting will happen to their cultures.

Hmm I never thought of people resulting to kidnapping the whole thing is messed up either way tbh.

I agree governments definately need to enforce thier laws to protect these girls but its making them do it thats the issue.

WARNING Some may find linked information upsetting

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17136213

Obviously we can only talk about this in the context of 'something' happening in the uk, not the act they are committing.

I can honestly say when we were talking about this thread I in no way associated it with the UK. Do you think this is part of being a multi-cultural Britain, where old cultures meet new 'options'?

WOW ^^^^^^^^^^^^

I would imagine the UK situations would of been people of a different culture in all honesty so yes i do, i didnt expect it not to happen in the UK especially when you can find out the sex of your baby before the 24th week.

Lets face it the earliest you can possibly find out is 16 weeks, privately. Thats 4 months in :nope:

I was so very shocked, and then i thought of this thread and had convinced myself that this was someone else's problem, though some sort of lack of education or dictatorship

Im not shocked its the reason why certain hospitals wont tell you the sex of the baby, doesnt make it any less sad though.

its hard to say what i have to say without talking about the subject we cant talk about, the whole situation is just :nope:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->