It's all in the clothes??

babyhope

Mommy of 2 and expecting
Reaction score
When I wear tee shirts, not the clingy ones for women but more for men, and jeans I look fat, but when I wear maternity clothes WOW I look major pregnant. It is so funny I feel more sexy in the maternity clothes because then I look pregnant rather than fat:haha: Anyone else think they look more pregnant in there maternity clothes?

i know exactly what u mean!! normal t shirts i feel like a right flump!! but with maternity t shirts even though im pregnant, i feel slim and feel really good in them! wheyyyy for maternity clothes!! we can all still look gorgeous...not that we dont anyway haha :happydance::happydance:

im the exact same too, and i just bought a load more clothes from the sale on blooming marevlous.com and they arrived a couple of days ago! woop woop for maternity clothes! :)

I find that with loose fitting and tight fitting clothes, always makes a difference :haha: I was at work and we have these nosy middle aged women working around the corner who are a little highly strung. One of them sees me in the tea room and goes "Oh wow you've definitely popped!" when I hadn't..I told her it was just the top I was wearing.

Then she sees me again a couple days later when I had on a differently fitting shirt and she commented that I looked smaller again :dohh: I told her..!

Same here! I wear a lot of hubby's t-shirts and just look fat (though they're starting to not fit me so well and stretching them out lol!) Maternity clothes look much better! :)

What a timely thread as I am just now fixing to buy some maternity clothes (online, cause there's no real shops here per se). I've so far found the 'Next' and 'New Look' have the most affordable maternity clothes, particularly at the moment as the sales are starting post-Christmas. Ebay doesn't have much that's cute in my size (16-18) but if I were smaller, there would be. 'Kiki Fashions' on ebay seems to have a lot of really cute maternity clothes for pretty inexpensive, so I might get lucky with a few tops there in XL. I can't wait to get some proper maternity clothes as the things I'm wearing now are definitely going into overtime at this stage, lol

im the exact same too, and i just bought a load more clothes from the sale on blooming marevlous.com and they arrived a couple of days ago! woop woop for maternity clothes! :)

Thanks, I just checked out their site too and love the prices and some stuff :)

well, I seem to be at the stage where my normal clothes are getting a bit tight and I look a bit fat in them but maternity clothes are just a bit too big for me - I'm not filling them out yet, they're a bit loose where my so far tiny bump is...that's even more awkward, I'd like to look properly pregnant :(

My normal clothes haven't fit since about 10 weeks!

I have a lot of maternity tops now and I do prefer the tighter ones. I have a big bump (so much so that people are often suprised that I am not due for another 18 weeks!) and I love showing off the fact I am pregnant. When I wear my looser tops I feel fat and frumpy and find people are often reluctant to question if I am pregnant. As I live above a pub I come into contact with strangers on a daily basis so it can be disheartening when people say "Oh I wasn't sure if you're just fat", particularly as I am a uk size 8.

I find it depends what sort of 'bottoms' I am wearing. If I wear over the bump trousers/jeans then it looks more of a pregnant belly than under the bump ones. Over the bump are far more comfy I am finding (with hindsight wouldn't have bought some under the bump jeans early on - just feels like they are falling down)

I find it depends what sort of 'bottoms' I am wearing. If I wear over the bump trousers/jeans then it looks more of a pregnant belly than under the bump ones. Over the bump are far more comfy I am finding (with hindsight wouldn't have bought some under the bump jeans early on - just feels like they are falling down)

i prefer over the bump trousers too, i find they also make me look more pregnant than just fat lol

I have been wearing mat clothes since I was 10 weeks, because I had major bloating. I have to confess, I do dress up the bump to look bumpy, opposed to fatty :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->