it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

I'm so annoyed!!!! I've been on at Chris to get our holiday booked for next year so we can choose the rings we want and he's been putting it off and putting it off and now there's only one cheapo date available :grr: And I don't think he's going to give in and let me book the last cheap date available so we won't be able to go to the hotel that I want :sad2:

plenty of time though hun and there are loads of lovely ring boutiques around!

:blush: well I've told him that we're going to pay the difference and still go for the hotel I want. I sound like a spoilt cow, but I like the place, it's not too far out of town, but not too close, it gets good reviews and we had a good time there last time we went.

I'm going to treat myself to a body scrub and body butter on Monday try and get my skin in better condition :thumbup:

Aww, sorry Emmy.

Hope he sees sense and books it soon or he can pay the extra :haha:

:rofl: that's what I've told him, that it'll be him paying the extra.

I can't believe how close Monday is. This time tomorrow we'll be at home, I'll have had a shower (and plucked my eyebrows), sorted out my clothes and will have my phone on charge so I can take lots of piccies :happydance:

I've been thinking about the outfits for the best man, ushers etc and rather than hire suits for them at £57 a throw, I was thinking, letting them wear their own suits and buying them a yellow tie to wear? I've spotted these that I like the look of ...

Light Yellow Tie

Thats what i may do too emmy, although i think i'd like waistcoats so i'll get them, and the cravat and they can wear their own black suits! Although the OH wants to wear purple converse, and wants the ushers to wear them aswell, they're £40 a pop!!

Ebay might be worth a try for the converse hun :thumbup:

I'm in two minds about maybe having a room each at the hotel for me and Chris the night before the wedding. Car hire is soooooo expensive, so I'm very tempted to book 2 hotel rooms for us, but then it means I can't get ready for the wedding with mum, really not sure what to do :shrug:

Is there any chance you could get a black cab? thats what my aunt did- i'm not hiring a car, nobody is going to see me get to the church so im just gonna go with whoever will take me! i'd love a horse and carriage though, that'd be nice!

I'm really tempted to just get on the minibus with my cousins, I just don't want loads of people seeing me before the ceremony :blush: Going to have to have a nosey round and see what options there are :thumbup: Chris is definitely staying the night before the wedding though as he''ll be under strict instructions as to how I want the place setting up :rofl:

Could you get the mini bus to come and get you afterthey have dropped your cousins off? x

We're about 45 minutes away so it would take an hour and a half :dohh: I might go in mum's car with her and one of the bridesmaids and follow on after the mini bus

Just checked the weather for tomorrow and it's apparently going to be nice and sunny, which means I should be able to get brilliant pics of the venue tomorrow :wohoo:

Omg, I can't believe it, 1 more sleep to go, and this time tomorrow everything will be official as we'll have paid the deposit :shock:

The guest list has increased yet again - we're now on 115 people because Chris says we have to invite his cousins' partners (even though we've never met them) :shrug: At this rate there isn't going to be enough seats.

I've also decided that I'm definitely asking my dad's best mate to walk me down the aisle. There was some drama last night with my uncle that lives in China, which has made me not want to ask him. And my grandad has already walked his 3 daughters down the aisle, and Uncle Adam has Jodie that he can walk down the aisle. So I'm going to go with Big Patrick (he's called Big Patrick because Dad had 2 friends called Patrick and then he named my brother Patrick, so there's Big Patrick, Middle Patrick and Little Patrick :rofl:). And I have to say I feel a lot more relaxed about it because I can really picture him walking me down the aisle :thumbup:

How exciting Emmy!!!!!!!!

Glad the weather is going to be fab. Can't wait to see your pics and have whomever you like walking you down the aisle. Don't let them make you have someone else if you don't want.

I'm honestly at the point where I'm considering not inviting this one uncle or any of my aunties on dad's side :nope:

https://www.babyandbump.com/home-life-relationships/669130-omg-my-family-lately.html

I've just had enough of it all ...

Stalking...... Im gonna have a quick read back and have a catch up :) xxx

Aw hun :hugs:

Sometimes people just think of themselves and don't realise that their actions affect other people! I have a lot of issues with that in my family too :flower:

Try not to let it get you down, they should be picking petty fights with you and your brother, especially this time of year, like you said xx

Just about ready to leave to go pay the deposit will update properly later when we get back, not feeling as excited as I should, but I think recent events have a lot to do with that :(

Anyhoo, stuff them, I'm paying my wedding deposit today :happydance: Phone is all charged ready to take piccies, can't wait to show off my gorgeous venue :wohoo:

Oooh venue day! So exciting! Cant wait to see pics :happydance: and you're right....stuff them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->