it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

https://www.next.co.uk/gl9172s4#l13700gl9

love this only if it were longer!
(i may buy it for my work xmas party)

Hey Emmy!

Just catching up on your journal, you have done so much in my absence lol! I love the FG dress, it so cute and the invitations sound like they are gonna be fab! Have you started a prototype yet?? Good news about your hair and nails too, it will be nice having someone who is there just to do your hair and not worry about getting everyone elses done too. I have got 4 BM's so I may try and do the same - I don't want to turn into a Bridezilla on the day of the wedding because I am stressing about hair lol.

As for the BM dress, I would suggest just asking her outright if she is not happy about it and then you will know where you stand. I can appreciate that as you are paying for the dress then technically you do have the final say. All I would consider is that if you get her a dress that she isn't comfortable in then she is not going to be able to relax and enjoy your special day. I was MOH last year and I hated the dress so much, I couldn't wait to get it off. It was a pretty dress, it just didn't flatter my figure at all and I had to wear a strapless bra with it as the style was all fiddly. I ended up getting changed for the evening reception as I was so uncomfortable. I am glad it happened though as I knew what not to do when I was shopping for my BM dresses, I made sure its a style that all the girls are comfortable with and is flattering on their figure. I don't mind if they want to get changed in the evening but I dont want it to be because they hate the dress. I am sorry if I have overstepped the mark by saying all this!

Anyways, stop being so organised - you make me look bad missy!

x

:hugs: you haven't overstepped the mark at all hun. She seemed more relaxed about the one shoulder dress, but then she'd still kinda have to wear a strapless bra, unless she could find one of those ones where you can wear it lots of different ways. She won't tell me if she doesn't like it as she's too quiet and polite about things like that :dohh:

I have to say I'm really excited for our friend to do my hair. She says she can put extensions in my hair for the day (which I'm seriously considering) to give me some volume, and she has little bits for my nails that would be perfect for a wedding look :happydance: And the best bit is she seems so excited about it all

Not done a prototype for the invites yet as I still need to buy the buttons, hearts etc, so I'll probably start them after Christmas. Though I have done an order today for some bits and pieces for a scrapbook :yipee:

Try Avon for the bras that fasten loads of different ways. I was looking at the latest book last week and they definately have one in xxx

:happydance: Thanks hun

Lots of craft stuff arrived for my little wedding scrapbook and I'm really chuffed with it all. I've cut out a few card letters to put WEDDING STUFF on the front of the book :blush: And these amazing stickers arrived :yipee:

Sorry the pic is so awful :blush:

Attachments

• Photo 178.jpg
    Photo 178.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 6
Yay, yay, yay!!!! :yipee:

My art stuff for the wedding scrapbook arrived today so I think I'll be spending the day doing the front cove on that :)

Yey!! :happydance: Don't forget the pics when it's done xxx

Will do :D

Just waiting for my brother's gf to go to her dad's for the day and then I'll settle myself in mum's room with all my supplies :happydance:

Oh and another plus, the deposit for the hairdresser has finally gone from my bank account so I can stop worrying about that :D

This is what I've done so far :blush:

https://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g126/emmyreece/IMG-20111007-00303.jpg

aw cute. ive got half a scrapbook from our honeymoon which was nearly 5y ago! never got round to finishing it and now i cant remember anything about eg yosemite. oh well!

Loving the scrapbook and all the dress links :D !!!!!!!!!!1

xxx

Just been looking at the website for the shop that I'll be going to in March and have looked at some of the designers that they have there and these are my favourite dresses so far :cloud9:

Sincerity Plus 4547

Justin Alexander 8591 anyone think this looks similar to the Snow White one by Alfred Angelo?

Justin Alexander 8569

Justin Alexander 8541

Venus WF080

Venus VW8601

:cloud9: these are my favourites so far, just wish March was here now so I can go for my appointment

:yipee: :happydance: :wohoo:

1 year and 9 months EXACTLY until we get married - hopefully at this exact time I'll be having a soak in the bath trying to relax :haha:

Why do I insist on making things difficult for myself??? :dohh:

I honestly don't think I can make pink work as a colour scheme. I don't want to buy bridesmaid's dresses if they can't go into a store and try them on, and if I was to buy them from ebay that's the one thing that they wouldn't be able to do. But I can't find pink dresses in the kind of shade and style that I want :blush:

So I don't know what to do. Do I wait until the summer or winter sales next year before making a decision colour wise? But then that will mean the invitations go out later than I wanted them to do. Or do I choose something off the top of my head? Nothing seems to stand out for me and I can't seem to choose :wacko:

I think I need to go back to the drawing board on everything and do a few pages in the scrapbook to particular colours - I think for now that's the only thing I can do :nope:

And it's my own stupid fault for telling the bridesmaids pink, so I'm scared of upsetting the younger ones as they were really keen on the idea of pink. I'm such an idiot :dohh:

Eeeekkkk :yipee:

I think I've found THE bridesmaid dresses, plus I have a very talented lady in the family that is brilliant with a sewing machine, so I have asked her if she would be willing to make them for me. I can then have pink, in the style I want :wohoo:

Really, really hope she says yes

https://www.habithat.co.uk/product_info.php/products_id/7450

If you look at the bigger image, the back style I was thinking was the black and white version :cloud9:

I'm going to order the pattern if she gets back to me before monday :happydance:

Love the pattern!!!!! :)

Stay with pink! - You'll find a way like the pattern etc .... its a lovely summery colour for a wedding

:D

Oooo - I've just seen that you've made an appointment with The Big Day - I got my wedding dress and a bridesmaid dress for a friend's wedding there & Paula & Lucy were really nice! Even if you don't get your dress from there it's a really nice experience trying on dresses that fit with shop assistants that aren't mega skinny!!

Yep, I've got it booked in for the 31st of march at 11.00, I really can't wait, and from looking at the designers they have and the bridal gallery on their site I'll be shocked if I don't find THE dress there. Just wish it was march already :haha:

:happydance: we have a dress maker and she said she'd be thrilled to make the bridesmaid dresses for me :yipee:

I've ordered the pattern - £4.20 including delivery - ebay wanted £9.00 :shock:

So I'll be going to look at fabrics next summer :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"