it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

Lots of craft stuff arrived today, the shimmer paper and vellum paper is absolutely gorgeous, words and pictures just don't do it justice :happydance: And the Wedding Invitation tabs look fab too ...

But ugh the pink pearlised card is just fricking ugly!!! I'm not using it on the invitations - I absolutely refuse to (omg bridezilla moment :haha: ), so it's going to go in my niece's christmas craft pack :haha:

:shock: :yipee: :shock:

I "think" I've found THE dress for the flower girl :happydance: It's soooooooo pretty, and the seller is uk based, got good feedback and she does accessories too

Flower Girl Dress

Awww that dress is just too cute!! I love it!! xxx

It just screams out princess, and she'd co ordinate with my dress and Chris' tie too :yipee: So I might get her a little flower girl wand and a teeny tiny tiara or sparkly alice band to wear :cloud9:

Love both the dresses Emmy! I think longer dresses look more elegant too, but that's just me.

I have a feeling that my brother's gf isn't too happy with my bridesmaid dress choice :shrug: She really doesn't sound impressed, but I love the dress, how it flows, and I even offered to buy her a strapless bra if needs be. I know it probably seems very bridezillaish :haha: but if I'm paying for the dress, shouldn't I be the one to have the final say??

On a plus note, I'm buying myself a black a3 sketchbook and turning it into a wedding scrapbook. I've brought funky glitter card, metallic pens, and a few other bits and pieces to jazz it up :happydance: It's just so I can feel like I'm doing actual preparation towards the wedding without actually putting anything in stone :D

:yipee: :happydance: :yipee:

A family friend has just offered to do my hair and nails for the wedding. She's a qualified manicurist and hair extentionist and she's soooooooo excited to be doing them as well :cloud9:

https://a6.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/264871_10150687865620231_678500230_19220421_3263184_n.jpg

So I've just sent the make up / hairdresser lady a message to let her know that I don't need her to do my hair - just my makeup, and that it will stay the same arrangement for the bridesmaids to have their hair AND makeup done - I'm just hoping she doesn't turn funny with me about it :blush:

Your so organised! Seriously it scares me you have all that done and your date is only like 5 months before mine :blush:

Did she say why she wasn't too keen on the dress?

Is she very busty?

:blush: I probably won't be this organised closer to the time

Trask, she hasn't said anything specific, but she's been off with me since I decided on the dress style. She is quite busty, but I offered to buy a bigger size for her so it would fit at her boobs and then she could have it taken in slightly. :nope:

Im with you on the dresses, my SIL wants a shorter dress but i want a longer one i think they look nicer!
Im gonna get a scrapbook too as all i have is a folder on the comp! did you book an appt for mk dresses yet?x

I haven't been able to arrange an appointment with them as all of their dresses are off the peg and I'd have to be able to pay for it up front as they wouldn't be to save any dress unless I could pay in full :nope: So I've arranged with a different bridal boutique in yorkshire now. Still planning on popping down for a shopping day though :D

I feel like a right cow, but I don't want just one bridesmaid in a different dress to the others. And the way she's making me feel atm is that I'm a right bridezilla (which is probably inevitable, but I didn't want to be one so soon into the planning) :dohh:

could you maybe sew on some halter type straps as a compromise?

If she's busty she might be worried about being strapless. It's difficult though if that's the style that you like.

I love how organised you are Emmy. I love reading these journals because mine was done in a little less than six weeks (with 60+ people at the wedding and 100+ at reception :wacko:) and so I sorta missed out on the long preparation part.

I am busty and I just cant do strapless or thin halternecks. I cant do strapless bras either, they dont offer me support maybe that is why :shrug:

The one I'm really tempted by is this one

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI...ry=63861&_trksid=p5197.c0.m619#ht_5601wt_1044

And on the listing it does say that there is a built in bra in the dress which should be extra support, so I really don't understand what her issue is :(

What about a structured boned dress? but maybe ask BM's to pay for a bit of them? that might make her feel better?

If I could find something at a similar price / material and the same colour which was a better shape for her I'd be so much happier, but I can't seem to find v neck dresses in a similar colour atm :(

Simply be do some lush gok wan strapless bras. I can't never wear normal ones but those hold me up. I think she could buy her own underwear tho. If you're a bridesmaid you expect to have to pay for a few things

thanks hun :flower: I'll point her in the direction of their site and see if she can find a nice strapless bra :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->