• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

Right, that's me snapped out of my feeling sorry for myself mood. I need to be able to watch films that I like and not start bursting into tears and feeling depressed. At the end of the day, Dad would have wanted me to be happy, and even if he's not with us on the day in body, he'll certainly be with us in other ways :thumbup:

The paper bags arrived today for the pick n mix, and they're far too big :blush: So what we're going to do is order 100 smaller ones in just yellow (£2.25 inc postage yay) and then the ones we have now, we're going to use as wrapping paper for birthday pressies etc so that they don't go to waste :rofl:

And as of today, I'm restarting my diet properly, so it's a holiday / wedding / baby diet :haha:

:happydance: :happydance: :happydance:

I got an e-mail from vista print today offering me lots of offers, I've just managed to get 48 seals for the pick n mix bags and instead of paying £13.47 and then delivery and tax on top, I only had to pay £2.47 delivery :thumbup:

I'm sending Chris up into the attic tonight to get me a big storage box down as I think things might be arriving soon :happydance:

Oh and I've just ordered this for myself from Amazon :thumbup:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/0749922680/ref=pd_luc_mri?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I am so jealous at how organised you are going to be. I'm too scared to order anything incase i change my mind lol x

I'm just taking up offers as and when I see them :thumbup:

I'll still be running round like a headless chicken when the time comes, I panic about the smallest things, so everything will probably seem like a disaster, no matter how organised I am :dohh:

At the moment we're considering putting on a bus from my mum's house for as many people as want to use it. Was thinking it saves the hassle of them all getting lost, and there's some people who can't drive, so it would save trips backwards and forwards from the venue :thumbup: And it means I might be able to persuade Chris to let me have a nice car for me and my moh from my mum's house to the venue :happydance:

Thumbs up to the nice car :) I am having it all in the same place so no trips between church and venue for me but i still wanted a car so i can have some lovely piccies :) xxx

We're doing it all in one place too, but I think mum would like me to stay at her's for the night before the wedding so that she can follow behind the car and it'll be more of a sense of occassion for her if that makes sense? And I don't mind indulging her anything because she's being so fantastic about everything :happydance:

I'd love one of those huge hummer limos, but don't think Chris will let me :blush:, so I'll stick to a plain limo :D

Yikes, major panic :dohh:

I'm worried that we're going to provisionally book the venue and that we then won't be able to get a registrar for the date and time that we want :dohh:

I've checked all the local authority websites and they say that they don't take bookings more than 12 months in advance :wacko: So I won't even be able to do anything about the registrar until the end of July or beginning of August next year :rofl:

I'm just panicking that they won't have a later wedding available and that we'll be forced into having it earlier, and that we'll then be forced into having a wedding breakfast at the venue (which we can't afford) :rofl:

Omg, more than 2 years to go and I'm panicking :dohh:

That is an issue - just explain it to the venue, I'm sure they will understand and accommodate you. I'm very lucky that where I got married (not locally) that they DID accept bookings more than 1yr in advance, but that is not at all normal. Given it's two years away I'm sure you will be the first on the phone when it's the right time to book and will get the date/time you want (I think 4pm was the latest at my council).
Don't panic though - lots of brides are in a similar situation. Try again in 6 months or so if you are desperate - they might pencil it in for you!
xxx

It's just info off the website as it's out of office hours now.

I could e-mail them and see what they say about pencilling it in once we've decided on a date with the venue. Am scared of getting told off :rofl:

I've just sent this e-mail to the registrar of the district where we want to marry ... does it sound ok?

Good Afternoon

I have been reading the information provided on the council websites of Powys and Ceredigion and I was just hoping for a bit more information. I'll apologise in advance if my e-mail doesn't make complete sense as I'm a bit confused at the moment, and adding that to the excitement of getting married

My fiance and I are currently looking into getting married at Plas Dolguog in July or August of 2013 and we're aware of the requirements for the civil ceremony, that we would have to provide notice here in Ceredigion and then once we are given authority to get married we would need to provide that to the registrar of Machynlleth. We were both born in the uk, neither of us have been married before, so giving notice should be fairly straightforward.

However, what we're wondering is how we would go about booking the registrar in the Machynlleth district. Would we be able to pencil in a booking or do we need to provide the notice first? We're just worrying that we'll provisionally book Plas Dolguog for a wedding in 2013 and then when the time comes to giving notice that we won't be able to get a registrar on the date that we need or at the time that we were hoping for.

Any information or guidance that you could provide would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Emily Reece

Sounds spot on hun and i understood it x

Thanks hun, would be amazing if they could pencil us in, but if they can't because of rules etc I'll understand, will just have to be first on the phone the day I'll be allowed to give the notice :thumbup:

You'll be the first on the phone Em. Of that I have no doubt. They wouldn't dare say no :haha:

:rofl:

If it wasn't for the fact that neither of us are religious, I'd be tempted to get married in the local church to be honest and then drive over to the venue for the reception :blush:

I'm sometimes tempted by a church wedding but im not in the least bit religious and refuse to be a hypocrite just so i can have a BIG day xx

I'm the same hun, I'll figure something out, even if it means going for a registry office do rather than having the ceremony at our reception venue, as the time of day is really important to us because of my mum and people travelling etc.

I wouldn't worry at all hun, you are giving PLENTY of notice!

x

I know, but it's just in case they make us wait before making a provisional booking, knowing our luck we'd make the provisional booking with the venue and then the registrar wouldn't be able to make that date or the time that we want :rofl:

Think positive! There is always a solution, even idiots like me manage to get things sorted in the end lol! I am starting to like the diea of getting married earlier now, as someone kindly pointed out it means I get to spend more time in my dress!!

x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->