• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

it's all official - saying "I do" on 20th July 2013 ** venue pics page 59 **

I just hope Thomas Cook have a decent winter sale so we can knock some of the money off the holiday when we book it. If needs be we'll have to book last minute next year :thumbup:

Just got 400 bobby pins from ebay so I can start practicing my hair do :thumbup:

Ooo Emmy its so exciting!! Once you've got a date if you ever fancy a day out to look at dresses this where I got mine https://www.thebigdayuk.com/index.html Its a long way from Wales but they are REALLY lovely people & stock beautiful dresses from a size 6 to size 34. I can tell you that having to be pinned into some of the dresses because they were too big for me was a fabulous feeling!!

:cloud9: thanks for the link hun, I've bookmarked it ready for when the time comes to start trying on dresses :happydance:

I need to get a date booked so that it can start to feel a bit more real :rofl:

Right Emmy, you need to CHILL!!!!! You can be pencilled in before giving notice of getting married (or at least you can in Surrey Heath!). They get this all the time hun so will know exactly what you are talking about in your e-mail. Give them a few days then call them if no response.

Re the M&S wedding cake they do change their cakes regularly. How often I'm not sure, but the cakes that were around when I ordered mine are long gone, then when I got married they had just introduced a whole new set of cakes (Nov 2007), then when my SIL got married in 2009 they had more cakes then too I'm sure. They've recently changed all of their designs (bar a couple) so it's very possible that it might not be available still when it's time for you to get married (they only let you order something like 3 months in advance I believe). Try and gets of images so if you need someone to make it they have a good idea of what you want. Don't forget Waitrose do some great cakes! Check this out: Yellow Daisy Cake! Also, you could get a plain white tiered cake (M&S will ALWAYS keep this design) and decorate with sugarpaste flowers yourself? Here are some from eBay: daisies and daisy cake topper or blue & white mix with some coloured ribbons ad other decorations? You can order ages in advance as they last forever so can practice your designs, and are really cheap too.
And Thomas Cook are really struggling right now - there's talk about merging with Co-Op travel!!!
xxx

:rofl: I meant a date booked with the venue hun and we're hopefully doing that on the 20th of June - that's when it will seem real finally

Might be worth having a look at the first choice and thomson websites and see what they come back with, Chris won't want to book with a holiday agent that looks like it's struggling.

Cake wise, he seems to want to attempt it ourselves, so he's going to practice making square cakes and then icing them :thumbup: He loves baking so it'll keep him quiet for a while :rofl:

I work for the coop and they are mergin with coop travel :) x

making a cake is the last thing you will want to do near the big day - you'll have plenty of other stuff to worry about so my recommendation is to delegate the cake to someone else or buy it ready made. if someone else makes it (i.e. family/friend) then he can always help out if he finds himself at a loose end! just my opinion.
xxx

Someone else wanted to do their cake the day before too. I think it was suggested that if you freeze the cake and use fondant you could probably get away with doing it a few days before.

I wouldn't have time to do it the day before I don't think... but I will come back and update you with how it was, and if I thought I could wing it. :haha:

3 bits of news from me today :thumbup:

First of all, I have had an e-mail back from the Machynlleth registrar and once we have a provisional date and time with the venue then she would like us to let her know, along with our telephone number and address so that she can make a provisional booking for us in their diaries. I am soooooo unbelievably chuffed and over the moon, I really thought either they weren't going to get back in touch, or they wouldn't be able to make a provisional booking for us :wohoo:

Secondly we have decided to go with Thomson to turkey next year rather than Thomas Cook. We've found a nice hotel, right down by the beach, close to the town centre, that it is in the top 30 of the 319 hotels in marmaris, and it's even cheaper than the hotel we were looking at with Thomas Cook. So it looks like we WILL be going away next year and WILL be able to choose our wedding bands from over there :happydance: :dance:

And thirdly we were looking at suits last night and Chris spotted this one, he's just not sure what waistcoat to get, so I'm going to put both piccies up, let me know what you all think please :D

Attachments

• lg_black suit.jpg
    lg_black suit.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 1
  • lg_black.jpg
    lg_black.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 1
  • lg_ivory_leaf.jpg
    lg_ivory_leaf.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 1
  • lg_pale_gold.jpg
    lg_pale_gold.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 1
Oooh good news all round then!

Did you get your engagement ring from Turkey then?

I prefer the second waistcoat (the one with the pin stripes!) xx

My engagement ring was just a cheapie from Argos, but apparently gold is one of the things from turkey that is really cheap and good value :thumbup:

The waistcoats are either the black one or the one with like a flowery ivory pattern on it. The last pic is the colour cravat that he's thinking of, I should have explained that earlier but was too excited about the registrar :blush:

Haha my bad! Well then I prefer the black one :) Although I'm biased cause the suits we're getting have matching waistcoats :blush: they're both lovely though!

It's exciting stuff! xx

Hey Emmy!

Good news on the registrar, it will be nice to put a tick next to that box on your list lol!

The suits are lovely, where are they from? We have been looking at suits in Moss and I like the idea of the jacket and waistcoat matching but not sure OH does!

Have you had a go at the hair style yet?

x

:happydance: 1 month and 2 days until we set our provisional date and time ...

I think the black one will look better against the white shirt as it'll be warm and he'll probably want to take his jacket off :thumbup: But I do love the colour of the ivory one :dohh:

I haven't tried the hairstyle yet, just waiting for the bobby pins to arrive, but might attempt it on Monday if they've arrived by then :D

Forgot to add the suits are from Formally Yours :thumbup: £57 for the hire of the jacket, waistcoat, trousers and cravat (you get to keep the shirt I think) and then £10 delivery for however many suits you request :D

Wow thats a bargain! The suits we were looking at in Moss were £92 for the jacket, trousers and waistcoat and I would have to but the cravat separate as they don't stock royal blue cravats :-( I am going to check Formally Yours out pronto!

I wanna see piccies of the first attempt at your hair!!!!!

x

I prefer the cream waistcoat with the ivory cravat, but I'm biased as that's how Jay and his best man are having theirs ;) Looks unbelievably smart on them too :thumbup:
We got Jay's suit from (wait for it...) Asda. £50 in total for tuxedo jacket, trousers and delivery. It's not a wool mix one (it's a polyester one, means it's washable :thumbup:) like the usual more expensive tuxedoes are made from but that's fine for Jay as he's allergic to real wool anyways, so he'd itch like mad all day! The Asda tux is also nice and lightweight so he wont get too hot in it and spend the day sweating.... it's all good, and it was a bargain! I like my bargains :haha:

Yay for the registrar getting in contact and getting a provisional date booked! Full steam ahead now hun! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->