It's been a while...anyone not agreed on a ttc date?

LDC

Reaction score
Hey ladies,

Hope everyone is well.

I've not been on here for a while, but now I fall in the wtt category!

Lo is 13 months now, we always said we'd ttc to have a second baby by the time lo hit 3 ish but never for definite made any decisions.

I think we both know that now isn't a good time, we are just about to move house for one, but I don't know how that conversation of when the right time will be, if that makes sense?

We've kept all of Los bits and pieces so it's kinda a given that we'll have another, just not sure when. I'm a little tetchy to raise the conversation now as I know (and am fine with) it not being on the cards for now, but god knows when the time will be. Not too long, I don't think as oh is pushing on a little (his words not mine!)

Anyone else in a similar situation?

Sorry bit of rambling there. Xx

Not that similar but we don't have a set date either. Just kind of waiting to see how things go and talking about possibilities. I think it'd be really nice to have a set date though and be able to countdown!

Good luck figuring it all out!

I am in somewhat of a similar situation to you. My LO is 16 months and we were thinking of TTC when he is about 3 years old, maybe older, as well. I am finishing up school and we are going to look for a house after I graduate, which won't be for another year. We have kept most of his important baby things as well (cradle, carrier, car seats...although these may be expired by then, clothes, etc).

My SO and I haven't really sat down and set an exact date, but he knows I would like to TTC when I graduate and we get settled and he is onboard with it. We talk about it for fun sometimes--we talk about what names we like or what names we think are absolutely horrid. We have fun with it and while we talking about these cute things, we talk about when and why we need to wait and what goals need to be accomplished before we TTC. I've already told him though that I'd like to wait until our LO doesn't wake up at night anymore...he wakes up at 4 AM every night looking for a snack before agreeing to go back to bed :coffee:

Funny I was just thinking of when I'd *actually* TTC. Although my ticker has an 8 month count-down, I've done more thinking, and I doubt my time will be then.
OH and I are still saving to buy a house, and looks like I won't be working full time for at least the next 5 months. There's also a possibility that I may go to full time education in 2015.

So it's all really just see how time goes.

All I really say to OH is "eventually", and truth is I don't know when "eventually" is. Needless to say, OH doesn't mind waiting - but he's not the one with a ticking biological clock!

I don't have a lo already, but I am waiting with no timeline in sight! I'm waiting as bf isn't quite ready yet . We are hoping to start building a house next year so not sure when we will be able to ttc . Fingers crossed it isn't too long

I just posted about a similar situation! Hubby is deployed so we can't try for #2 right now, but by the time he gets back lo will either be close to two years or past two years already! I'd really like to talk about ttc again, but anytime I bring it up he ignores my emails... Ugh!

Thanks everyone for your replies, it's nice to read other people's stories.

I think I'm one of those people that likes to know when things are going to happen, even down to little details like when I'm going to clean the house. I'm quite an organised, probably a little excessively, person and I think I just work "better" working towards something like ttc when lo hits 3.

I know this trait can be my downfall too though...we tried the whole ntnp approach with lo but then I could handle that and it turned into ttc!!

We have a holiday booked in May; lo will be 18 months then and oh will have turned 30 and I turn 27 when we are put there. I'd like to just come off bc then, so long as I'm not going to be on af, and just see what happens. I always said I wanted to have all our children by the time I was 30 and it just kinda seems like an ideal time.

How has everyone else broached the discussion with their partners? Sorry yours haven't been too successful Charlie!

Xx

Thanks everyone for your replies, it's nice to read other people's stories.

I think I'm one of those people that likes to know when things are going to happen, even down to little details like when I'm going to clean the house. I'm quite an organised, probably a little excessively, person and I think I just work "better" working towards something like ttc when lo hits 3.

I know this trait can be my downfall too though...we tried the whole ntnp approach with lo but then I could handle that and it turned into ttc!!

We have a holiday booked in May; lo will be 18 months then and oh will have turned 30 and I turn 27 when we are put there. I'd like to just come off bc then, so long as I'm not going to be on af, and just see what happens. I always said I wanted to have all our children by the time I was 30 and it just kinda seems like an ideal time.

How has everyone else broached the discussion with their partners? Sorry yours haven't been too successful Charlie!

Xx

I find the wait easier when I know I am working towards TTC--at least then I know that when x gets accomplished, we get that much closer to TTC. While we haven't set an actual date, and I don't think we ever will, we have a general idea of what needs to happen before we can TTC, so we have a general timeline that we are following right now.

I don't remember for certain how we approached the topic. For awhile, it was just me who was broody and my SO was a bit oblivious. I started mentioning little things like how I missed when LO was a little newborn and things like that. I also would tell him when something reminded me of my pregnancy and things we used to do like try and get him to move and kick us back. It started with little things like that and at first, my SO seemed pretty uninterested in TTC #2 at all, but he started coming around, especially when my aunt had her daughter and he was very fond of her and it turned into him demanding a girl next time around and now he keeps asking me when we can start trying :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->