Its been almost 3 months and I still cry when I go to work

twiggy327

Reaction score
My son just turned 4 months old yesterday. He has been in daycare since he was 8 weeks old. I still have overwhelming guilt and anxiety when I drop him off every morning before work. I thought I would get used to it and this feeling would pass after a few weeks but it hasnt! I miss him so much when Im not with him! My daughter is in kindergarten and I dont remember feeling this way with her but I was able to stay home with her for over a year when she was born so maybe that is it. I dont know how Im going to cope with this feeling. I actually cancelled a dinner meeting the other day with an important client because I just couldnt bare the thought of not seeing my kids until 9pm after bedtime. How long does it take for the guilt to go away if ever? I want so badly to stay home but we just cant afford it. My daughter is in alot of activities especially gymnastics that require alot of money, she would have to give them up if I stayed home. HELP!! Sad mama here :cry:

It doesn't go away I don't think. It took months and months for me though for it to lessen. I went back when LO was 3 months, and it was probably just within the past 1-2 months it has lessened.

I wish I could give you tips. I have rules though, I never work late, I pump 3x per day and HAVE to have those breaks, I peruse BnB periodically or something else relaxing, I don't attend after-hours functions - ever.

I hope it gets easier for you, I know how it feels to want to stay home more than anything in the world but can't afford it.

yep you pretty much just summed up my schedule too. 3 pumps per day at work. Skipped a "special" happy hour they planned just for me coming back to work and I run out the door at 4:55pm every day and fly to the daycare. Its so hard :(

yep you pretty much just summed up my schedule too. 3 pumps per day at work. Skipped a "special" happy hour they planned just for me coming back to work and I run out the door at 4:55pm every day and fly to the daycare. Its so hard :(

Aw that sucks. It sucks to have to miss things (I skipped the company president's retirement party) but people just don't understand you can't stay late - you have to get to daycare, or there are people watching your LO, and you pump on a schedule and if you don't get home and nurse you might as well break down and pump again...people just don't understand it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->