Its June!!!!! 20 week scan next month!!! Whos with me?

Mei tai, will look them up now and do a little research. I'm thinking its the way forward, especially now I've got rid of my double buggy. Twice we've been on a long-ish walk and Amber has gotten tired and I've either had to piggy back her whilst push Millie or carry Millie and push Amber :lol: not convenient!

That doesn't sound convenient at all!
The connectas are about 50-60 pound, but after using Izzy's one we sold it for £10 cheaper- they really hold their value. They are very pretty, but also can be reversed so the OH can wear them. I have heard good things about the ergo, and manduca too but they have a bigger price tag.
Everytime I put poppy in the connecta she sleeps, so that day I did the 4 mile walk she slept for 2 hours (slow pace as Izzy walked it!). I have back problems and so does Dave but neither of us have any problems with the connecta.
I sound like a salesman for them! haha! I am on a facebook group called slings and things- FSOT and advice- they quite often have connecta's come up cheap pre loved x

oooh and babyhawks oh snap and rose and rebellion are good ones too x

Oooh thanks Ally, off to join that group and have a look at the others :thumbup:

You should start charging them commission for all this sales work you're doing :lol:

Hi ladies! Not sure when ill next get on internet as going on hol to Weymouth on Monday for 7 nights, finally have a break away! Haven't been there since I was a toddler myself so cant really remember it, but its a 6h car journey one way from where I live, good test to see Reimi's ok in the car! :haha:

Went to see nurse y'day and ive just started the mini-pill, hope that suits me better ;)

Love seeing all your posts on FB, I look daily. All our LO's are growing up so fast, sounds wierd but I cant really remember Reimi as a baby, much prefer her this age. Bless <3

Im also stuffed full of cold and Reimi now coughing so dosing her up on baby penicillin - joys!

Take care everyone! :D

Xx

Enjoy Weymouth! I absolutely love it there!!!! Soooooo jealous!
I'm loving this age too, so strange to think of them as newborns!
Sorry to hear about your colds, I hope u feel better soon!
I have had an amazing wk, my little sister is over from france- we have done loads!!!! Luckily poppy's sleep is better and mostly she is on good form! We weighed her, unfortunately her weight is not doing great so we've had to increase what she eats majorly and go to weight reviews every 2 weeks, worrying slightly but she's so alert and active I'm sure she's fine- she just doesn't sit still x

Ah bless her, I'm sure she's fine, she will gradually put on weight as she eats more food naturally anyway. Flynn was dropping but he's now weighing in at 17.2! Little chunk :)

Since we got back from America flynns sleeping has been terrible, so last night I put him on his front after 6 hours of battling with him, i finally put him to sleep on his front! Eek! Is that really bad? He then slept like a dream till 7..

Poppy sleeps on her front- always has, all of us are front sleepers including Izzy so I wasn't expecting any different from her! If that's how he sleeps let him.
She is 13 7 now so just below the 9th line- i'm sure she'll just have a growth spurt and suddenly put it on but it doesn't help when others are blaming my breastmilk etc...... x

That's annoying Ally, ignore what others say :hugs: she's doing fine and every baby is different. She could just naturally be small, or she could just be growing slowly and then have a great big growth spurt! I hate that everything depends on their bloody charts and they worry mums needlessly.

Have a great holiday Inoue!

Welcome back from your jollies Pops! I wouldn't put Millie to sleep on her front, but when doing tummy time if she's had enough she just faceplants and keeps her head straight (doesn't move it sideways so she can breathe easier, like a normal person would do! :rofl:) so that's the main reason! If he's sleeping fine and you're confident in him sleeping that way then I can't see why it's a problem :)

Millie had her last lots of vaccinations yesterday on Thursday, and she was not happy bless her! She slept all day & all night long and then had a little high temp and grumpiness yesterday and woke up a few times in the night but she seems back to normal today. No more now for a year or so, yay!

Thanks all :D.

I generally put Reimi on her back to sleep pops, but then 9/10 times I will wake up to her on her side to nearly rolled over. She lays her head to the side so its not too much of an issue (although I dont like the idea, id rather her be on her back but guess shes growing up!). It seems Flynn is happy so let it be, get some kip for yourself :)

Glad you had a nice time with your sis Scally, catch up is whats needed sometimes! :winkwink:. Im sure poppy is just taking her time on the weight, will prob shoot up at one point soon. I got Reimi weighed on Tue and she was 18.2lbs, little chubber! Haha.

Hope Millie is ok now after injections, poor Lo's do get quite tired afterwards. Glad thats it now till 12 months :thumbup:

Xx

Thank you Lauryn- I never had to worry about Izzy's weight but Poppy is a different matter, at the moment she is waking twice a night for feeding and I really don't mind I just want her to fatten up a bit!
Hows Millie doing after her jabs?

Inoue- it was so lovely seeing her, we hadn't seen her for a year, I had to take her back to the airport for 5 this morning, so sad to see her go, but lovely that she got to meet Poppy.

x

OMG happy 6 months Poppy!

Millie's still a bit grumbly, not feeding much during the day but then hungry at night! I'm still getting plenty of sleep though so not too bad x

Hello! How is everyone?

I am loving having two kids at the moment- so all those with one for now- I highly recommend it, yes its hard sometimes, but honestly the girls have made me cry with how loving they are towards each other!

Poppy has finally started taking a bottle! She'll only take it properly off of Dave but that's fine I don't mind!!!!! We are giving her one every day to get her used to it as I will need to find a little job soon (boo!) I have got so used to having the whole weekend as a family i'm going to find it hard to work Saturdays or something again!

x

Hehe im the opposite to ally! Luke still doesn't really care much for oliver, and only shows interest when oliver is holding his toyshop. He does kiss him goodnight which is cute though. I still struggle with the guilt of how luke doesnt get much attention as oliver is such a high needs baby and takes up pretty much my whole day. I still miss being able to do certain things like taking luke swimming as I cant manage both on my own but know things will change again soon. I love oliver soooooo much though, I dont want it to sound like I dont! Im hoping as he gets older the bond like poppy and izzy will develop. Lauryn, how do your girls get on?

We are in teething hell at the moment. Sleep is bad, naps are bad and lots of crying and head shaking. I have resorted to nurofen today to try and ease it for my poor little man, so far so good. Also going to order a amber anklet.

I just got oliver weighed and he is 22Ib 5 1/2oz. He is now just under the top centile so I have been told to cut his milk right down, water down what he does have, no night feeds and to force solids. I started weaning again a couple of weeks ago and he hates any solids, just blows raspberries at them and will only eat fruit puree. I have to go back in three weeks and if another gain someone has to do a home visit. So obviously im a bad mummy for making sure my child is fed :( just cant win x

My girls are inbetween what you have both described! Amber is very loving and there's no jealousy or anything like that, but she doesn't pay a lot of attention to Millie. Just the odd kiss and cuddle here and there. The older Millie gets, the more Amber is starting to notice her I have noticed though. Millie looks at her with absolute adoration all the time though :cloud9: Amber is the only one who can make her giggle without doing anything really!

Ally, that's good news! Millie still isn't taking bottles but I should really start trying her on them more often. I'm too lazy :haha: If no success, I think I will try her with milk from a beaker as she's fine drinking water from it.

Kelly, sorry they're giving you so much stick for Oliver's weight :wacko: I don't understand how they can critisize and nag when we are told to feed on demand :shrug: so stupid.

Kellie- would u take Luke and Oliver swimming at the weekend with Wes? Dave is taking Izzy on Saturday and I'm planning on taking poppy with a friend on Tuesday whilst Izzy is at school. When does luke start pre-school?
I can't believe the appalling advice you were given from the HV!
Poppy is refusing solids too at the moment, it must be the teething- once he has got a tooth or stops teething he might love the solids!

Lauryn- awww bless Millie! That's so sweet she loves her sister so much! I cant keep up with the pumping with the bottle (just cant find the time!) so we are now doing one bottle of formula, its a relief to know she will do it and can, I want to keep going with it everyday so she doesn't suddenly decide she won't entertain it again!

Aw I can't wait I have another! We're going to start trying at the end of the year :) around a 2 year age gap

Kellie Oliver doesn't sound that heavy at all! A lot of the babies I know are pin his age are weighing in similar. Health visitors just scare everyone, just ignore them, you do such a great job with your boys

Day 5 of illness for us, my poor baby boy, he's now lost his voice! It's so unfair, basically he is acute bacterial conjunctivitis which comes with a cold and cough and all of that alongside teething :-( xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->