Its June!!!!! 20 week scan next month!!! Whos with me?

Totally Ally, they are so different it's unreal! Amber was the mild, laid back baby and was always up to mischief when she was crawling and toddling (still the same now actually :lol:) but Millie is grumpy and needs to be held by me or have me in her sight constantly. I don't think she'll be bothered about exploring much, unless I'm doing it all with her :wacko: I'm looking forward to her being able to sit insides though as I think she'll be happier, and I'll get a break from holding her! I definitely think the colic has caused most of the tiring behaviour though, hoping she's totally opposite as an older baby/toddler!

Pop, you may not read this till when your back.... But im totally envious of you!! :devil:. Ive wanted to go to Orlando for a few years, I want to know EVERYTHING when you get back! :haha:

Fantastic that poppy has sat up unaided! What a clever munchkin! :D.

Doesnt sound like Millie is to far away from that achievement either! Reimi is desperate to sit up but really unstable, I think she will stand before she sits! The amount of time I spend holding her hands so she can stand up is huge :rofl:

Life is going abit bleh for me atm. Mum fractured her wrist a while ago, long story short, its getting worse and will need to quit her job (works two mornings a week). She now wants to look after Reimi more so I can work more days, which means I can then match her wage that she's lost. Just seems abit backwards that she's MY daughter, yet im passing her off to mum so I can work longer for my bills and mums bills.... :wacko:. Ive looked into downsizing the house (we jumped from a mid terrace to huge detached house - v big mortgage) as it would give me the freedom not to work and for Marc to cut down his days (he work's 60h+ a week). Anyways, mum came over y'day and said we cant move as we'd "lose face" with family members, thanks mum! :growlmad:. Dont get me wrong, I LOVE our house, its gorgeous and perfect, but im torn to what I want. Move to a less nice area and have more money and spend time with Reimi, or keep going as I am but limit the amount of days I do. Dilemma!! :lol.

Xx

Thsts a hard one inoue, but for your mum to say you would lose face with the family, thsts a bit hurtful. It shouldn't matter where you live as long as you, marc and reimi are happy. What does marc think of it all? Sorry to hear your mum is hurt but you cant feel you have to work more to pay your mums bills. Its a hard one isnt it? What would make you more happy?

Im also incredibly envious of pops in america! Like ally, I think tori has a very glamorous life! Hope you are having a great time!

Oliver also sat unaided the same day as poppy, and started rolling friday. He goes back to front, gets his arm stuck then rolls back.

Was lovely to see your post sarah. Its still crazy how long this stipid appalling situation is taking to sort out. Logan is gorgeous and obviously adores his mummy and daddy.

Love seeing everyone's pictures still on fb. Can you believe its nearly a year since this thread started!? X

Marcs livid with the comments she says. I think if he had it his way, he would move far far away! Lol. I struggle to find out what 'happiness' is to me, I am and always have been very money focused, the more I have, the better I feel, but then I see Reimi's little face look at me with a big grin, and I would give away every dime just to be with her. With our family (my side) its always put that people with money and bigger assets show themselves better. I know my older brother is struggling (same size house as us but has 3 kids + wife) and he told me he cant move coz he would be known as a failure.

Guess ill just keep going on rightmove and zoopla to see if anything comes up, just begrudge working when its not for me, saying that im in work this afternoon!

So torn!! :cry:

Glad little Oliver is also sitting up, must be awesome to see for the first time :). A year ago for when this thread started... Who would of thought we'd still be having convo's 5 months plus after our births. Such good friends :friends: xxx

Wow that is an awful thing for your own mum to say :nope: I like having a nice size house and lovely things too, but seeing and spending time with my girls -especially whilst little - wins every time for me. I have plenty of time to make lots of money when they are older, but these years you just do not get back. F*ck saving face I say :lol:

Pops, hope you're having s lovely time in Florida! I can't bloody wait for my holiday!

Lmao!! Say it as it is Lolly :haha:. I think ill just stick to my 2 days and see how we are in a few months time, stuff doing overtime! I hate to miss out on Reimi's special moments and have someone elce see it instead. Guess it all rests on whether Marc wants to/can keep up with his long hours,can see him having a breakdown soon if he doesnt slow down. Thanks for listening girls, sure it wont be the last we hear of this though, lol.

Xx

Carry on looking at houses hun and see what comes up. There's nothing wrong with downsizing, you shouldn't both be working yourself to the bone just for a bigger house and less time spent with your family. Moan, rant or talk our ears off hun :)

Inoue- what a thing for your mum to say! I do understand families can be like that but u have to do what's right for you and your little family! We budget and scrimp on Dave's wages so I can stay home with the girls, we would love more bedrooms and more space but will work on that when the girls are at school- that for us was what we always wanted. If you don't want to work more, don't, u really need to do what is good for you, marc and reimi xx

poppy has rolled today from front to back- I think her and Oliver are going to do things at the same time!

Almost a year, that's madness!!!!!! you couldn't have pictured this conversations then!

I got poppy weighed today, she is 13 4 now, I've put a post in the weaning section with what the hv said!

x

Hi all!! Hardly a glamorous life but v lucky to have parents in law who own a house here!

Inoue that is so unfair of your mum to say that! Family definitely comes first, you should do whatever makes you happy not what makes everyone else happy!! Lauryns right you will never get those years back!!

Flynn is slowly adjusting to the time difference, yesterday was tough, he barely slept all day and then had a complete meltdown at 6 as was so exhausted. He was wide awake at 4.30 but eventually got him back to sleep at 5.30-7 so hoping he will start to slip back into his schedule today. He's still having all his milk and a bit of breakfast around 8.30 and dinner around 5 and seems to be enjoying the little bit he has still.

He's almost sitting by himself, not quite there but close, and he's been rolling front to back for a few weeks. He's just really found his feet and can almost put them in his mouth, and he's starting to roll into his side from his back.hes so chatty and gorgeous, more so every day! :) xx

Lovely day in sunshine today. Walked 8 miles to town and back this morning, my feet kill! :brat:

Got a little issue with Reimi atm. I changed her nappy this afternoon and noticed some pale yellow discharge (no odour) in her foof. I used a wipe like normal and went to see if its ok (yep, I went on Google... Not good!) and its scared me shitless that somethings wrong ie: infection. Ive booked her in with GP on Thursday, anyone elce's girls had this before? Sorry if subject is TMI :blush:

Xx

No such thing as TMI here!

I haven't had that with either girls so no help, sorry hun. Let us know how the drs go :flower:

Hope you're enjoying your hols Pops!

Cheers Lolly :), yeh I think TMI went out of the window a long time ago :haha:. Will let you know how I get on tomoz, she's had no more since xx

Definitely not too much info! I remember both girls getting it early on, but none recently. Let us know how you get on.
How is everyone? And the gorgeous babies?

Kellie, Oliver and Luke came to play today, we had such a lovely morning x

Got on OK at the docs. Doc was so chuffed to see Reimi doing well. She remembers me from my past m/c's and my struggles with Reimi, we had a great laugh :haha:. Anyway, she recons its either from left over hormone from me, or her nappies need changing more often (she sleeps 7h+ so I dont change her during the night as I dont want to disturb her) but maybe I will have to change her from now on. She also took a swob as she had to cover all basis of child abuse from a second party (as my mum has her when I go to work) but I knew she would have to do this so not suprised. She says it looks like a combination of hormone & wet nappies so nothing has been done apart from giving me some advise :). Did you do anything about your girls Scally when they had it?

Xx

I'm glad they are being thorough Inoue. I was warned it could happen with girls along with a "period", both girls had the discharge and blood, I asked the HV with Izzy and was told it was normal, so didn't worry about checking Poppy's.

How is everyone?

How is Florida Pops? Glad Flynn is feeling better now, must have been a worryingly rough start to your holiday x

Lauryn- how are your girls? Is Millie's colic improving now she is older? x

Kellie- I hope you had a good night, and Oliver's cold is better this morning! My day out to Colchester looks a bit pants now- stupid rain!!!!!

Time- Hows you and the gorgeous Wren? x

Sarah- huge hugs to u and your little man x

We've hit the wonder week 26 already, she is miserable during the day, my content little munchkin has gone for a while and I want her back! But oddly enough she doesn't do her bedtime screaming at the moment!!!??? So miserable in the day = happy bedtime. Happy baby in the day = miserable bedtime!!!! I think I prefer the miserable bedtime, at least its for an hour maximum unlike the whinge all day! lol. Apparently after this wonder week (should be re-named weeks) she will have learnt so much more, hoping its amazing and she can go and make me a cuppa and bake me a cake after all the miserable days she has put me through! haha!

x

Hay Scally, how is poppy doing now? Settled back into routine?

Reimi doing fine, no more soreness down below and not heard from doctors so guess all is ok :). She has now got a habit of becoming scared whenever I laugh (which is alot; I sound like a banshee), she first gets a little pout, then bawls her eyes out while looking at me, so funny, yet annoying :haha:. Anyone elce got a trigger to set your LO off?

Im starting Jillians 30 day shred now, see if that will help trim me up. Only on day 1 but at least ive started it :winkwink:

Xx

Millie's trigger is me leaving her sight for more than a second! I'm not even joking, it's cute but also a little tiresome because I can't go or do anything. She's ok if she's being held or distracted, but when it's just me and the girls at home I literally can not leave her side.

I'm glad Reimi's all better now :hugs: and good news you haven't heard anything else from the doctors too.

Ally, how's Poppy now? I hope the wonder week has worn off! Millie's been over her colic for weeks now. I think things picked up when she got to around 15/16 weeks. Thankfully! She's still a little moody mare at times, and is only truly happy when she's with mummy :) but I don't mind that!

Millie is now sitting completely unaided. I'm happy and sad all at the same time, I want my baby back! I've got some cute vids in my journal. Amber was sitting by 5.5months so she's just pipped her to the post. Tummy time is still a no go, she hates it so much but Amber was the same. We've started her on a bit of food here and there too, just testing it out and letting her try different textures and flavours. Firm favourites are mango and banana fingers, roasted sweet potato wedges and she even tried a bit of toast with marmite today and seemed to like it. Yuck!

Hey Reimi!
Poppy is blooming worse! The sleep is affected too! She has been awful for the past 5 nights, the 4th night was the worst where she was awake from 1am until 4am! she is waking for food at least 3/4 times a night, that I can handle its the not going back to sleep that has made me feel like a zombie! Last night was better, so I'm hoping it'll be better from here!
Bless Reimi getting upset when u laugh!
Good luck with the 30 day shred!

Hey Lauryn!
Millie and Poppy have the same trigger at the moment! I used to not be allowed to leave the room sometimes but now its her eye-line! Exhausting!!! Thank god for the connecta carrier and I now have a ring sling too!
yay for her sitting that's fantastic!!!!!! have watched the videos so cute!!!!!

x

Where did you get your ring sling for Ally? What would you say is best for babywearing around the house? I got a babasling when Millie was little but we never got on with it and i wouldn't want to use it now she's heavier as I didn't think it felt very secure :wacko: I rely need to get a good carrier/sling but don't know where to begin.

Oh hopefully you're through the worst now and things get better. I'm not looking forward to any more growth spurts or wonder weeks. Millie has got herself into a nice little night time routine and I'm hoping it stays that way! She still feeds once or twice in the night, but I barely remember waking so it's not too bad :lol: wouldn't mind her STTN either mind, but she'll get there when she's ready.

The ring sling is my cheapie- its a palm and pond from e bay- I'm still not sure on it, got it yesterday currently doing pre school run with it but I keep having to tighten etc. I can't recommend the mei tei connecta enough, fantastic, I have walked 4 miles with it not a bother and didn't feel izzys weight in it and carried her until she was 2. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->