it's killing me....

spicyorange

Reaction score
Keeping this baby secret is killing me. I'm just posting this to stop me telling anyone. I'll be 11weeks tomorrow, I've know since before Christmas and since the scan I had at 10weeks I just want to tell the world BUT my parents live 300 miles away, we are going to visit them two weeks on Friday. As it's our first baby and their first grandchild it seems right to tell them in person rather than over the phone and we have planned a trip especially to tell them, equally it didn't seem right for them to be the last people to know, so in the mean time it's a secret, we've told 2 close friends, my best friend who has noe moved to Australia and both our bosses (for practical reasons we had to), but that's it. A good friend just announced she is due the week before me and I don't feel I can tell get yet. I'm telling my team leader on Friday and some friends who are coming to dinner Monday night as I have my 12 week scan on Monday so slowly we are telling but I can't tell everyone I'd like until the parents know and that's so flipping long away!! I want to shout from the roof tops I'M PREGNANT.

:haha: I know how you feel! So far my best friend knows, my 2 sisters and my boss but I just want to tell everyone!

We are telling our parents this weekend when we visit them and the days are going soooo slowly.

But after that we are not announcing on FB until we get back from holiday (we have a nice photo ideA planned to announce it with when we get back) and I'll be 16 weeks at that point! It seems ages away!!!!

I don't want to tell Facebook until I've told my friends but I wish that was sooner. We tell dhs family a week on Saturday at a family party and I'm already worried about photos on Facebook as I'm getting a bit bumpy!

Ideally we'd like to tell close friends in person but we live a couple hours drive away from them all and rarely see them altogether so it would be too difficult for us to tell them all in person so FB is just easiest for us.

Can you wear baggy clothes at the party to make it less obvious?

My sister said the time drags until you announce to everyone and after that it will fly by - which I can't wait because I can't wait to finish work! :haha:

Xx

We just told DHs parents last night. It was so sweet how they reacted. I felt bad hubby hasn't told anyone and I'm pretty sure his mom won't tell so we felt it was time.
Everyone else will find out at 12 to 16 weeks or if we decide to do a mini photoshoot :)

We just told DHs parents last night. It was so sweet how they reacted. I felt bad hubby hasn't told anyone and I'm pretty sure his mom won't tell so we felt it was time.
Everyone else will find out at 12 to 16 weeks or if we decide to do a mini photoshoot :)

What sort of photoshoot are you thinking of doing?

We are going to buy a pair of baby havaianas flip-flop and on holiday we are going to get someone to take a picture of our feet (wearing our havaianas) with the baby pair inbetween ours, and have "coming September 2015" written in the sand.

I've done a photo card read for the parents, it says 2005 boyfriend and girlfriend (photo of us dating), 2010 husband and wife (photo of our wedding), 2015 mummy and daddy (either scan pic or pic of us reading baby books). I can't wait to give it to them. Inside I've written a little note from the baby, something like hi granny and grandpa, can't wait to meet you for real but mummy says I have to grow some more first, I'm told grandparents spoil little people like me so I'll look forward to lots of cuddles when I meet you in September. Love baby C.

I'm the same. Time is going so slowly and can't wait until we can tell people. Well more people as some people do know but I'd like it not to be a secret sort of thing.

Bing, your photo idea sounds adorable.

What sort of photoshoot are you thinking of doing?

We are going to buy a pair of baby havaianas flip-flop and on holiday we are going to get someone to take a picture of our feet (wearing our havaianas) with the baby pair inbetween ours, and have "coming September 2015" written in the sand.

I love your idea! my bffs wedding photographer is amaze-balls and since i only want a handful of pics we don't need anything elaborate.
I've seen a bunch of different things on pinterest (like with the shoes). There's also one with a little sign hanging off a tree branch and is in the distance, or using Dexter to hold a sign or a picture of the US. He doesn't fair well with holding stuff so it may need to lay next to him. I can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->