Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

hiya yes welcome broodyc :)

its hard not to worry - im told it goes on forever! - anyway Em was only about 8lbs at 10 weeks and shes fine - just a petite baby. How is she height-wise? are you and hubby tall?

I just had Emilia weighed yesterday and she weighs 16lbs 2oz at 14.5 months - such a tiny tot still. I also got her height measured and she is 70.5cm

So she is on 2nd percentile now for weight and height - apparently thats fine as she is in proportion - just a wee tiddler

Plus she is now walking - its so cute apart from i cant find any shoes to fit her (shes a size1) and everyone keeps remarking on how odd she looks walking - likes shes 6 months old.

Funnily enough, me and hubby are smaller than average. I'm 5'1" and hubby is 5'8".

Took LO to her assessment on Thursday and her weight at 11 weeks has increased to 9lbs 2oz. Still 2nd centile but relieved she is gaining and the docs seem happy with her progress :) her length is 54.5cm and I believe that is just on the 9th centile.

Xx

hiya yes welcome broodyc :)

its hard not to worry - im told it goes on forever! - anyway Em was only about 8lbs at 10 weeks and shes fine - just a petite baby. How is she height-wise? are you and hubby tall?

I just had Emilia weighed yesterday and she weighs 16lbs 2oz at 14.5 months - such a tiny tot still. I also got her height measured and she is 70.5cm

So she is on 2nd percentile now for weight and height - apparently thats fine as she is in proportion - just a wee tiddler

Plus she is now walking - its so cute apart from i cant find any shoes to fit her (shes a size1) and everyone keeps remarking on how odd she looks walking - likes shes 6 months old.

Funnily enough, me and hubby are smaller than average. I'm 5'1" and hubby is 5'8".

Took LO to her assessment on Thursday and her weight at 11 weeks has increased to 9lbs 2oz. Still 2nd centile but relieved she is gaining and the docs seem happy with her progress :) her length is 54.5cm and I believe that is just on the 9th centile.

Xx

It sounds like she is doing great :flower:

I am only 5ft 1 too but my husband is 6ft. Ivy is just under the 25th centile for weight but between the 50th and 75th for height so she is a proper beanpole :wacko:

Hi! :hi:

Just wanted to introduce ourselves. My lo Jack is an itty bitty baby. He was 7 lbs 3 1/2oz when born. At his 16 week check, he was 11 lbs 9 oz and 23 1/2 inches long. So that makes him between 2th and 9th for height and 0.4th and 2th for weight. He's breastfed and he's had no health problems (that we know of yet!)

I don't really come on this site much, but I wanted to give a quick update.
Gabriel had his 2 year appointment yesterday. He's now 33.5 in and 23.5 lbs. He finally made it onto the weight chart. Jumping all the way up to the 5th percentile for weight. I had a feeling when all the other kid's weights leveled out, his would continue to climb and I was right. He'll always be a skinny boy, but that's genetics for you.

Quick update on Harrison - Hes 22months and weighs 21lbs :) no idea on height :shrug: lol. Hes just below the 2nd percentile. Hes had THREE chest infections since oct/nov time :( but seems ok atm :thumbup: hope you and babies are all well xxxx

Wow been quiet in here for a while just thought I would give an update on Ella I had her weighed last week and at 27 months she is 22lb exactly she is still on the 2nd but that's just her hope every one else is well xxx

Yay, Ella!
Gabriel hates eating. I hope that changes before his 2.5 year appointment in Sept. I'd hate for him to drop percentiles after finally getting on the charts. We have to fight him for about an hour at every meal time just to get him to eat a few bites.

Anna hates eating too. She's just way to active and can't sit still.

Ivy goes through phases where she has no interest in food at all, and then for a couple of days she will really pick up and eat lots :shrug:

I think she is just under 20lb now at 19 months :flower:

Hi all. Not been on here for ages but though i would update. At Ems latest Paed appountment she was about 20lb at 20 months. still on 2nd percentile for weight and 0.4th for height. She is still very dainty but PAed says shes fine jusy petite but totally in proportion. I thought it was off that she still had such tiny newborn sized hands and tiny (size 2.5) feet. He said no its normal as its in proportion with the rest of her. So i Think they are happy as shes developing normally, still will be checking up eveyr 6 months though to keep an eye on her xx

Never knew this thread existed!

Very late poster, but my LO was born October 20, 2013, weighing in at 6lb, 9oz.

Now at 15 months, she weighs 17lbs, 12oz (or 8kg) and she is 29inches tall. She was sick just prior to her last weigh in, so she may have lost a few ounces, :shrug:

She is in 5th centile for weight and 10th for height, by the charts my ped uses. Her feet are size 2 and her head is in the 75th centile, hehehe. Crazy to think she is not as small as some of yours!!!

Hope it's okay that I revived this thread!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->