Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

Hi every one long time no see hope every one is well I thought I would fill you in on how Ella at 17 months she was 19lb and stayed there I had her weighed every month I took het back the other day at 21 months and I couldn't belive my ears when the health visitor told me she weighed 19lb 14oz I was so shocked that is an amazing weight gain for her xxxx

Madison is 13.5 months old and weighed 15 lb 1 oz. a week ago. I'm taking her in for a weight check today.

Her pediatrician lets me bring her in for weight checks whenever I want so you know I take advantage of that :haha:

UPDATE: She is 15 lb 10 oz. now.

9 oz gain in a week :happydance:

What great weight gains!
I last had H weighed a few months ago and he was 21lbs fully clothed with a soggy nappy :haha:
I will get him weighed again in the new year but i doubt hes put anything on as hes had 2 chest infections in 6weeks :( xx

great weight gains everyone - I havent had Emilia weighed for yonks! - she had put on a decent amount i think, then she got scarlet fever and rerfused to eat any food for 10 days so lost quite a bit - such a nightmare when they are ill isnt it? It seems to me the slightest sniffle and Em is off her food - the past 5 months or so shes had about 3 weeks of being well and eting well. ill try to get her weighed in the new year and let you know how she is. We go back to Paed in April to discuss whether or not to start growth hormone treatment - ahhh i hope she grows by then!

ive had Jess weighed today she was 14lbs 10 in october and today was 15lbs 12 - not as much of a gain that I hoped, tho the hv said that they dont take into account her being 4 weeks prem after 1 year old so the chart now shows that she is a smidge above the line ? im a bit confused

good girl emmie x

Mrs doddy James is similar he was 15lb 12oz today when weighed! X

Aww thank you i was trying to put a more upto date one on but it wouldnt let me for some reason. That was taken in about august i think x

Hi everyone, Can I join?

My LO is 10 weeks old and currently weighs 8lbs 8oz. Her corrected age is 7 weeks but even taking that into account she is in the 2nd percentile for her weight. I'm wondering if I should contact HV as Haven't seen or spoken to her since LO was around 6 weeks old. A few weeks ago she was on the 25th percentile so although she is gaining slowly, she is dropping in percentiles.

welcome broodyc, id speak to your gp hun as your health visitor will tell you to do that but put her in the picture too x x

welcome broodyc, id speak to your gp hun as your health visitor will tell you to do that but put her in the picture too x x

Thanks for replying. I have her first lot of injections on Tuesday and her 6-8 week check with GP on Thursday so will mention it then :) xx

Hi everyone, Can I join?

My LO is 10 weeks old and currently weighs 8lbs 8oz. Her corrected age is 7 weeks but even taking that into account she is in the 2nd percentile for her weight. I'm wondering if I should contact HV as Haven't seen or spoken to her since LO was around 6 weeks old. A few weeks ago she was on the 25th percentile so although she is gaining slowly, she is dropping in percentiles.

How much did she weigh at birth out of interest?

My daughter was born at 39 weeks weighing 6lb 7oz which is just under the 25th centile but she dropped to the 2nd centile and stayed there until she was 6 months old when she gradually climbed back up to a smidge under the 25th.

I have just had a look at her red book and she weighed just 9lb at 10 weeks.

Hi everyone, Can I join?

My daughter was born at 39 weeks weighing 6lb 7oz which is just under the 25th centile but she dropped to the 2nd centile and stayed there until she was 6 months old when she gradually climbed back up to a smidge under the 25th.

My LO weighed 6lb 3oz at birth and dropped to 5lbs 6oz in her first week. She was just over 3 weeks early as well.

Hi everyone, Can I join?

My LO weighed 6lb 3oz at birth and dropped to 5lbs 6oz in her first week. She was just over 3 weeks early as well.

Ivy went down to 5lb 14oz from 6lb 7oz so proportionally your LO sounds quite similar.

Other than her weight are you worried about anything else? is she having plenty of wet and dirty nappies, alert and hitting her milestones?

My theory as to why Ivy dropped to the 2nd centile and didn't bounce back until 6ish months is that she was really really sicky until we started weaning her at about 5.5 months. She was exclusively bf and she was just so sicky and then wanting more milk that my boobs couldn't cope! Once she starting having food it seemed to 'hold' the milk down and she caught back up.

Saying all of that she looked and acted fine whilst she was on the 2nd centile and my HV was always happy with her despite me being very paranoid about her weight.

:hugs:

Hi everyone, Can I join?

Ivy went down to 5lb 14oz from 6lb 7oz so proportionally your LO sounds quite similar.

Other than her weight are you worried about anything else? is she having plenty of wet and dirty nappies, alert and hitting her milestones?

My theory as to why Ivy dropped to the 2nd centile and didn't bounce back until 6ish months is that she was really really sicky until we started weaning her at about 5.5 months. She was exclusively bf and she was just so sicky and then wanting more milk that my boobs couldn't cope! Once she starting having food it seemed to 'hold' the milk down and she caught back up.

Saying all of that she looked and acted fine whilst she was on the 2nd centile and my HV was always happy with her despite me being very paranoid about her weight.

:hugs:

Besides that I'm not overly worried. Plenty wet and dirty nappies and she feeds well. She is FF and takes between 23-25oz of formula per day which based on the theory of 2.5 x weight is the right amount of milk for her weight. She goes to bed around 10pm and sleeps till 7am and is very active and alert during the day.

It could be that she is just a petite baby and there is nothing to worry about. I'm paranoid too... All part of being a mummy I suppose :flower: xx

hiya yes welcome broodyc :)

its hard not to worry - im told it goes on forever! - anyway Em was only about 8lbs at 10 weeks and shes fine - just a petite baby. How is she height-wise? are you and hubby tall?

I just had Emilia weighed yesterday and she weighs 16lbs 2oz at 14.5 months - such a tiny tot still. I also got her height measured and she is 70.5cm

So she is on 2nd percentile now for weight and height - apparently thats fine as she is in proportion - just a wee tiddler

Plus she is now walking - its so cute apart from i cant find any shoes to fit her (shes a size1) and everyone keeps remarking on how odd she looks walking - likes shes 6 months old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->