Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

I'm only 5ft2 as well! anyways, he has put on 9 oz in the last week! guess he is making up for his cold last week. However, the lady on the changing mat next to me commented on how tiny he is for 3 months. I'm going to just relax and let the comments wash over me..............I think they are here to stay, it seems people just can't not say anything....strange as I would never say, someones baby was big, small etc. My mother always says, if you have nothing good to say, don't say anything at all! x

I went and checked and Emma was 11lb at 3 months. As I said, she is fine just petite! Am thinking that I will just say to people that she must take after me sizewise next time someone decides to tell me that she is very small. Glad to hear that he has put on 9oz this week- as I said, many bf babies just follow that stairs growth pattern!

yeah, I'm just a smidge off 5'4" & OH is only 5'7" & we were both small babies too, with me being 6lbs 3oz & OH being 7lbs 7oz even though he was 10 days late, so Harry's never gonna be big I reckon, considering no one on either sides of our family are over 5'8" anyways.

may be we should start a "slow gainer" sticky to support people who are concerned about bf and baby weight? x

Does he have wet and spoiled nappies? bright eyes? Seem healthy?

Then no, do not get into giving formula.

Niamh had bad reflux too, and was in the 0.4% for ages. I was convinced to supplement with formula, and her reflux got worse and it made no difference at all. So I had to re-lactate to try and BF again. A total nightmare!

rafwife, that sounds like an absolute nightmare, its great you managed to relactate though. he's healthy other than being small, so i'm not going to push the formula. he's having a growth spurt right now and i can see the difference in him, face has filled out and he's babbling more rather than crying, its crazy to watch them change in the space of a few days.

My little man is a slow gainer too - he is 11lbs at 3 months. I constantly worry about his weight as we were admitted into hospital at 2 weeks because basically he was starved (because of my milk never coming in)

I would say, if you can get away without suplimenting then dont do it - i wish i didnt have to..not only to i hate giving him formula its a lot of hastle to do up the bottles ect

x

i got harry weighed on weds & at 15+1 weeks, he weighed in at 10lbs 14oz, so still on the 0.4th-2nd% but the hv said stop worrying coz he's perfect, lol. :dohh:

Well girls. Sometimes tiny is an advantage I think because my LO is now army crawling all over the place already and she's only 5 months!! :shock::happydance: So I know there is nothing wrong with her when she is meeting and even quite advanced on her milestones.

florabean- I'm pretty sure Emma was right around that weight at 3 months as well! He's fine my dear. :hugs:

We really should start our own little group so we can support eachother through all this with the tiny ones. Something like the Itty Bitty Babies Club. haha. :haha:

Also, I went on to give Nim formula from 6 months as well as gradually introducing solids, and she is still small. At 13 months, she is 20lbs. Some babies are just small!

should we start a thread in BnB groups? x

go for it; there must be loadsa slow gainers & smaller babies on bnb that could do with some moral support.

I just noticed we moved over to the groups!! :thumbup: We should make a group list in the first post or something. :haha: Maybe say a little about ourselves since we all don't really know each other.

good idea :) Also, maybe an intro post about what the group is for & about so ppl know if it's for them or not?

Either way, I'll say a lil about me: I'm Fleur (or Flora, call me whatever, lol), I'm 28 & I live right on the south coast of England in Hampshire. I had my little boy Harry on 6th oct '09 at 39+4wks & he was 48cm long, weighing 6lbs 9oz. He is now 16+1wks old & was 10lbs 14oz & 59cm long last week. He is 95% breastfed (has had the occasional bottle of formula at 4 weeks old & at 13weeks old when we moved house & I had no ebm stored) :dohh:, and has 3 bottles of EBM a week, given by his daddy at the moment. I plan to do BLW at 6mths. Umm, what else...??? lol.

Hi girls, Ive updated the first post, let me know what else you think i should add. looks like i'll be online a lot today, max has decided its a feeding day!

I'm 30 and I live in Essex at my parents with my brother and partner and 2 cats! so its a pretty full house. Basically I used to live/work in London but decided it would be better to move out to the country to have a lo. Saving money living at parents as partner has started a new business. Parents getting on a bit, so to be honest, its worked out well as my dad is losing his sight and needs help with stuff.

My beautiful boy Max was born on the 15th October, his due date! ventouse and episiotomy, all a bit traumatic, but i'm over it. however, not in a rush to do it again anytime soon! 99% bf, he has had formula at 3 weeks and i would give it to him again sometimes if he would take it! I plan to do BLW at 6 months too.

forgot to mention, got max weighed yesterday, 11lbs now, 7 oz since last week. he still doesnt seem much bigger though! lol, i think hes quite stocky, kind of building muscle rather than getting longer or fatter! lol

:hi: to max :) the 1st post intro update seems fine to me :thumbup: i had episiotomy & ventouse too. seems like it's quite common on here, lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->