IUD vs. Nuva Ring

brownhairedmom

Reaction score
How many of you have an IUD? Nuva Ring? How do you find them?

I need something in place before March. I'm on the pill now but I'm not willing to let myself get caught up in a situation that I'm not fully birth control prepared for. I'm HORRIBLE at taking pills, especially when I'm not having sex on a regular basis. I don't trust condoms!

I'm considering these two options. I really have no intention of having any more children anytime in the next 5-10 years at LEAST, so considering the IUD. On the other hand, I've heard this can cause infertility but I don't know how true that is. I'm thinking the nuva ring may be the better option. Is anyone on this, and if you are, do you find it difficult to get in/out? Also, do you take yours out for sex or keep it in? I was told you can take it out for up to 3 hours for sex. If you keep it in is it uncomfortable?

I used the nuva ring and I couldn't feel a thing! You can leave it in when you have sex and not feel it, neither one can feel it. The only real issue I had with it was that it can make you really dry and very moody.

Aw thanks. I got a Rx for it today so I'm gonna give it a try and see how it is :)

I used the nuvaring for about 5 months but it made me very depressed. I couldn't feel it but I would sometimes have burning during intercourse (sorry, tmi). The depression finally got to me so I switched back to the pill. I hope you have good luck with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->