Iugr

charlieworld

Reaction score
Just wondere, as I am sitting in bed with insomnia, if anyone else has IUGR (Inter uterine growth restriction) and if they would like to share?
I am being monitored by ctg twice weekly, with growth scans once a week. Have just had my first steroids jab (maybe reason for no sleep, or maybe stress). Second injection due in the morning.
This is causing me to worry as had an emerg c section following iugr and fetal distress with first babe. Husband is on a business trip in Iraq and not due home for 2 weeks (although of course will come if I say necessary). But we need this work so he can be with me after the birth (we're both self employed)
Sorry for going on.
Hope someone out there.

I've never had this but wanted to say I hope everything works out! Hopefully everything can wait till your hubby is home.

I had IUGR with my first, and so I'll be monitored for it this time, but I won't get my first growth scan until I'm 32 weeks, which feels like its a long way away still, and then I'll have weekly NSTs starting at 36 weeks. With my first, they had no idea that she had IUGR until after she was born, so this monitoring is new to me.

I hope your LO puts on some good weight and stays snug until your hubby gets back!

I had iugr with my son. It was first noticed at 22 weeks when I went in with reduced movement, they then noticed low fluid, then that he wasn't growing. I had nst's every other day and weekly growth/doppler checks. We managed to make it to 34 weeks before they decided he was better out than in, and after a round if steroid injections he was delivered by c section. Sadly Joshua was just too small and not ready for such a fight. How far are you, and have they given you an estimated weight? This pregnancy I've had growth scans every 4 weeks from 20 weeks and they're keeping a close eye on the blood flow from the placenta. So far, there's no signs of iugr or fetal distress and my little girl is growing well. It is a scary time, but nicu's ate amazing with what they can do to help small/prem baby's. hopefully all your checks will keep going ok and lo will stay in until your husband is at least back x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->