IUI#1, BFP. It can happen!

Byrnhild

Reaction score
Hello all,

Though I have wanted to be a mom forever, I only started actively TTC- ing last year when I turned 38. I am single by choice and everybody kept telling me that I didn't know what I was getting into. They said it was OK if I didn't want a partner but it was unfair for the baby. Though I disagreed, they made me feel guilty and selfish so I kept postponing. That was SO stupid of me. I am very, very happy living on my own and my home is a perfectly happy home to bring a baby to.

Last year, I FINALLY made up my mind and, for three cycles, I TTC-ed by trying to pinpoint my fertile days using OPKs, no stimulating meds, no trigger, just home ICI and progesterone supplements. It didn't work so, early this year, I decided to go to a clinic.

After tests and one postponed cycle because of a cyst, I finally had my very first IUI on 8/14/14. Though I would advise everybody NOT to do this, I started testing very early because I just couldn't help it. I cried like crazy when I saw my first hint of a line, I was a nervous wreck as I saw my BFPs get darker and darker. I have now had two positive betas and, though I know it is very very early, I am finally allowing myself to be optimistic. I am still scared and in shock, but I am also very happy! I am just SO lucky I am pregnant! I read here what many families have to go through and how brave people are and I admire you all SO much.

Lots of luck to everybody!! :dust:

Congrats!!

I know several SMBC who did the same! Kudos to you for doing it!

Congrats . I have a friend who has two children through iui and who is single. She is handling it just fine.

Hello all,

Though I have wanted to be a mom forever, I only started actively TTC- ing last year when I turned 38. I am single by choice and everybody kept telling me that I didn't know what I was getting into. They said it was OK if I didn't want a partner but it was unfair for the baby. Though I disagreed, they made me feel guilty and selfish so I kept postponing. That was SO stupid of me. I am very, very happy living on my own and my home is a perfectly happy home to bring a baby to.

Last year, I FINALLY made up my mind and, for three cycles, I TTC-ed by trying to pinpoint my fertile days using OPKs, no stimulating meds, no trigger, just home ICI and progesterone supplements. It didn't work so, early this year, I decided to go to a clinic.

After tests and one postponed cycle because of a cyst, I finally had my very first IUI on 8/14/14. Though I would advise everybody NOT to do this, I started testing very early because I just couldn't help it. I cried like crazy when I saw my first hint of a line, I was a nervous wreck as I saw my BFPs get darker and darker. I have now had two positive betas and, though I know it is very very early, I am finally allowing myself to be optimistic. I am still scared and in shock, but I am also very happy! I am just SO lucky I am pregnant! I read here what many families have to go through and how brave people are and I admire you all SO much.

Congrats!

Hello all,

Hi Byrn, I am buddies with you on an IUI thread and want to thank you for sharing your journey/story. It takes alot of strength to pursue fertility treatments and you doing it alone is just amazing. You will have a child to love and nurture and I am happy you decided to ignore people trying to discourage you from your dreams and doing what you knew was right in your heart. GL on your journey and I hope you have a H&H 9 months.

Thank you so much, Praying! That's so sweet of you!!

Lots of good luck to you, I hope we can celebrate your BFP son!! Big hug!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->