IUI#1, BFP. It can happen!

Byrnhild

Reaction score
Hello all,

Though I have wanted to be a mom forever, I only started actively TTC- ing last year when I turned 38. I am single by choice and everybody kept telling me that I didn't know what I was getting into. They said it was OK if I didn't want a partner but it was unfair for the baby. Though I disagreed, they made me feel guilty and selfish so I kept postponing. That was SO stupid of me. I am very, very happy living on my own and my home is a perfectly happy home to bring a baby to.

Last year, I FINALLY made up my mind and, for three cycles, I TTC-ed by trying to pinpoint my fertile days using OPKs, no stimulating meds, no trigger, just home ICI and progesterone supplements. It didn't work so, early this year, I decided to go to a clinic.

After tests and one postponed cycle because of a cyst, I finally had my very first IUI on 8/14/14. Though I would advise everybody NOT to do this, I started testing very early because I just couldn't help it. I cried like crazy when I saw my first hint of a line, I was a nervous wreck as I saw my BFPs get darker and darker. I have now had two positive betas and, though I know it is very very early, I am finally allowing myself to be optimistic. I am still scared and in shock, but I am also very happy! I am just SO lucky I am pregnant! I read here what many families have to go through and how brave people are and I admire you all SO much.

Lots of luck to everybody!! :dust:

Congrats!!

I know several SMBC who did the same! Kudos to you for doing it!

Congrats . I have a friend who has two children through iui and who is single. She is handling it just fine.

Hello all,

Though I have wanted to be a mom forever, I only started actively TTC- ing last year when I turned 38. I am single by choice and everybody kept telling me that I didn't know what I was getting into. They said it was OK if I didn't want a partner but it was unfair for the baby. Though I disagreed, they made me feel guilty and selfish so I kept postponing. That was SO stupid of me. I am very, very happy living on my own and my home is a perfectly happy home to bring a baby to.

Last year, I FINALLY made up my mind and, for three cycles, I TTC-ed by trying to pinpoint my fertile days using OPKs, no stimulating meds, no trigger, just home ICI and progesterone supplements. It didn't work so, early this year, I decided to go to a clinic.

After tests and one postponed cycle because of a cyst, I finally had my very first IUI on 8/14/14. Though I would advise everybody NOT to do this, I started testing very early because I just couldn't help it. I cried like crazy when I saw my first hint of a line, I was a nervous wreck as I saw my BFPs get darker and darker. I have now had two positive betas and, though I know it is very very early, I am finally allowing myself to be optimistic. I am still scared and in shock, but I am also very happy! I am just SO lucky I am pregnant! I read here what many families have to go through and how brave people are and I admire you all SO much.

Congrats!

Hello all,

Hi Byrn, I am buddies with you on an IUI thread and want to thank you for sharing your journey/story. It takes alot of strength to pursue fertility treatments and you doing it alone is just amazing. You will have a child to love and nurture and I am happy you decided to ignore people trying to discourage you from your dreams and doing what you knew was right in your heart. GL on your journey and I hope you have a H&H 9 months.

Thank you so much, Praying! That's so sweet of you!!

Lots of good luck to you, I hope we can celebrate your BFP son!! Big hug!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->