..~:: IUI & Clomid ::~.. anyone?

Oculi83

Reaction score
Hey everyone!:flower:

For those of you who have tried IUI together with Clomid:

What cycle day did you go for an u/s? And how soon after did you actually get the IUI?

This will be my first cycle taking Clomid. My periods have always been regular but for some reason they started to become VERY irregular ever since we first started TTC. :dohh: Thus, my gynaecologist told me to give Clomid a try. I'll have to start taking it on CD2 (tomorrow) until CD6 and go for an u/s on CD12. She said that we'll do the IUI the following day. But how can she be so certain that CD13 will be the ideal day for the IUI??

I know it's kind of a stupid question but does Clomid trigger ovulation on a specific day? Like you take it for 5 days and then you know for sure you'll ovulate 7 days after taking the last tablet? My gynae seemed so sure of it and told me to schedule an appointment for the u/s on CD12 and an appointment on CD13 for the IUI. :shrug:

This will be my first cycle on Clomid as well as the first time I'll get an IUI, so, any advice from you ladies?:flower:

Hi, I'm having iui with clomid as soon as AF shows up. We will have a tracking scan cd10 and assuming all looks good and folicle/s are 17m they send you away with an opk testing kit you call the day of your surge and they book your iui in. Seems strange that they would just schedule a date. Everyone responds differently to clomid and you don't ovulated on a set day in fact some will not ovulate and some will have too many follicles and the iui will be cancelled. Not sure if that helps or not. Good luck in getting your BFP x

What cycle day did you go for an u/s? And how soon after did you actually get the IUI?

This will be my first cycle taking Clomid. My periods have always been regular but for some reason they started to become VERY irregular ever since we first started TTC. :dohh: Thus, my gynaecologist told me to give Clomid a try. I'll have to start taking it on CD2 (tomorrow) until CD6 and go for an u/s on CD12. She said that we'll do the IUI the following day. But how can she be so certain that CD13 will be the ideal day for the IUI??

I know it's kind of a stupid question but does Clomid trigger ovulation on a specific day? Like you take it for 5 days and then you know for sure you'll ovulate 7 days after taking the last tablet? My gynae seemed so sure of it and told me to schedule an appointment for the u/s on CD12 and an appointment on CD13 for the IUI. :shrug:

This will be my first cycle on Clomid as well as the first time I'll get an IUI, so, any advice from you ladies?:flower:

Well i also will be starting clomid and my RE will have me do the Ovidrel trigger shot after checking my follies with the ultra sound. After you get the trigger shot and IUI is scheduled 24-48 hrs later as it causes u to ovulate!

Thanks so much for your replies!:flower:

Hi, I'm having iui with clomid as soon as AF shows up. We will have a tracking scan cd10 and assuming all looks good and folicle/s are 17m they send you away with an opk testing kit you call the day of your surge and they book your iui in. Seems strange that they would just schedule a date. Everyone responds differently to clomid and you don't ovulated on a set day in fact some will not ovulate and some will have too many follicles and the iui will be cancelled. Not sure if that helps or not. Good luck in getting your BFP x

Yeah, I thought it was strange, too but figured that she's the expert so I didn't really question her suggestion. :shrug:

So, you'll take the Clomid, go for an u/s on CD10 and then only go back to the clinic once you get the positive opk? No trigger shot or anything?

Thanks! Good luck to you, too!!:flower:

Well i also will be starting clomid and my RE will have me do the Ovidrel trigger shot after checking my follies with the ultra sound. After you get the trigger shot and IUI is scheduled 24-48 hrs later as it causes u to ovulate!

I see. So, that might actually be the case for me, too then. Otherwise, how can she predict when I'll be ovulating without giving me a trigger shot, right?

What CD are you scheduled for the u/s? Hope you don't mind me asking.

Hi Oculi83:

I have done my iui #1 with clomid in october and started with IUI#2 today.
I was asked to do the same thing. Had my ultrasound today (CD3). I was told to either come on cd2 or cd3 for ultrasound. I will be taking clomid (50mg) from cd3 - cd7.
and I was given protocol to come on cd12 for my bloodwork and ultrasound.
I asked her the same question today of how she can be so sure that I ovulate on cd12 only? I ovulate naturally and normally on cd14-cd15.

she asked me not to worry about all that as the ultrasound they do on cd3 will show them how our follicles are and all that.she even asked me not to test at home.
I somehow messed up last time by some silly mistakes ( i ovulated on weekend and they are open only till 8:30am, i went late and lost 1 day).

so this time i asked her all questions and 'm going to do exactly what she says.

i recommend you too follow what she asks you to do. they know better.

when i asked about all this, she gave lot of info about my follicles,etc which i didnt even know. with the ultrasound,she was able to know all that. she also said because of medication and stuff our opk's might show false (+) ve too.
so better do what they say.

I just did a cycle of clomid 100 and ovidrel.

Every women is different and when you O can change.

I took clomid cd3-7 and then starting on cd12 I came in for bloodwork and US to check on my follicles, Mine weren't big enough on cd12 so I came back every 2 days to check on them. I finally had big follies on cd19 and was given the OK to trigger on cd20.
We just did timed intercourse at home, no iui this time BUT if i did do an iui, it would not have been til cd21 (the day after I triggered).

There is no way to know exactly when you will O on clomid so your doctor should be watching you to see. If I had the iui on cd13 it would not have worked as I didn't O until way later.

good luck!!!!!!!

So i guess that everyone doctor approches IUI's differently but my RE wants me to do the trigger shot because he doesnt want to miss ovulation. The sonogram will be done in the office between cycle days 11-13

Hi Oculi83:

I have done my iui #1 with clomid in october and started with IUI#2 today.
I was asked to do the same thing. Had my ultrasound today (CD3). I was told to either come on cd2 or cd3 for ultrasound. I will be taking clomid (50mg) from cd3 - cd7.
and I was given protocol to come on cd12 for my bloodwork and ultrasound.
I asked her the same question today of how she can be so sure that I ovulate on cd12 only? I ovulate naturally and normally on cd14-cd15.

she asked me not to worry about all that as the ultrasound they do on cd3 will show them how our follicles are and all that.she even asked me not to test at home.
I somehow messed up last time by some silly mistakes ( i ovulated on weekend and they are open only till 8:30am, i went late and lost 1 day).

so this time i asked her all questions and 'm going to do exactly what she says.

i recommend you too follow what she asks you to do. they know better.

when i asked about all this, she gave lot of info about my follicles,etc which i didnt even know. with the ultrasound,she was able to know all that. she also said because of medication and stuff our opk's might show false (+) ve too.
so better do what they say.

Thanks for your reply!:flower:

Yup, I'll definitely do whatever she asks me to do. I guess she knows what she's doing. At least I hope so... haha.

I'm taking Clomid 50mg as well. Have you experienced any side effects?

Are they gonna give you a trigger shot as well?

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have any luck in your first try. I'll cross my fingers for you that this time you'll get your BFP!!

I just did a cycle of clomid 100 and ovidrel.

Every women is different and when you O can change.

I took clomid cd3-7 and then starting on cd12 I came in for bloodwork and US to check on my follicles, Mine weren't big enough on cd12 so I came back every 2 days to check on them. I finally had big follies on cd19 and was given the OK to trigger on cd20.
We just did timed intercourse at home, no iui this time BUT if i did do an iui, it would not have been til cd21 (the day after I triggered).

There is no way to know exactly when you will O on clomid so your doctor should be watching you to see. If I had the iui on cd13 it would not have worked as I didn't O until way later.

good luck!!!!!!!

Thanks!!:flower:

I see. Hmm.. I guess I'll ask her a few more questions when I see her for the u/s on the 24(cd12). Didn't really ask her why she's so certain that I'll ovulate soon after cd12.:shrug:

So, did you get your BFP? :)

So i guess that everyone doctor approches IUI's differently but my RE wants me to do the trigger shot because he doesnt want to miss ovulation. The sonogram will be done in the office between cycle days 11-13

Yeah, I remember my doc said something about a trigger shot, too last time I saw her. But at that point I didn't know anything about Clomid, IUIs and all that so, I had a lot of information to process and can't really remember everything she said.:wacko: Gonna have to clarify with her when I see her.

It's funny that you should say that it was a lot of info because the same happened to me. I emailed my RE and had him put it in writing n so now when I'm questioning the steps I look back at his email.

haha.. really? Hmm.. maybe I should get my doc to email me, too! lol! Well, at least now I know that it happens to other people, too. Haha! *phew*

I'm so excited about the 24.(though I probably shouldn't really raise my hopes and mentally prepare for another BFN!)! I hope they can give me the trigger shot soon after the u/s. The only thing I'm kinda concerned about is that the 24. is a Saturday. What if the 25. would be the ideal day for the trigger shot/IUI? They're closed on Sunday. :/

haha.. really? Hmm.. maybe I should get my doc to email me, too! lol! Well, at least now I know that it happens to other people, too. Haha! *phew*

I'm so excited about the 24.(though I probably shouldn't really raise my hopes and mentally prepare for another BFN!)! I hope they can give me the trigger shot soon after the u/s. The only thing I'm kinda concerned about is that the 24. is a Saturday. What if the 25. would be the ideal day for the trigger shot/IUI? They're closed on Sunday. :/

I was happy that when i went in for my consultation i was provided my doctors email as i know i would have questions based on all the info i was given that day. I can totally relate to your concern because if im calculating what my doctor said correctly then i should be having my ultrasound when they are closed for the thanksgiving 2 days.....also they are closed on weekends. I know that my clinic has a sister clinic in the city and they open on saturdays and sundays but that is a bit of a drive and also my dh is not going to want to cooperate and provide a sample in the office if i have to do IUI there. I def plan on asking the nurse and or doctor about the plan for me since they will be closed.

Oh no! But didn't you already get a fixed appointment for the ultrasound? So, they should know about this and advise you of what to do, right?

Are you serious? Arghhh... men!! lol! If you really happen to have your IUI at that other place I'm sure your dh would be able to jump over his own shadow and make this small "sacrifice" for you and that well-deserved BFP! Don't you think? :) I mean, it's not a whole lot of fun for us women either and yet, we're willing to do all that.
I'm quite lucky in that sense. My dh doesn't mind providing a sample at the clinic at all.

No I did not get a bfp, but it was only my first round so Im hoping for this one coming up.

Praying we all get our bfp's soon! good luck with iui!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for your reply!:flower:

Yup, I'll definitely do whatever she asks me to do. I guess she knows what she's doing. At least I hope so... haha.

I'm taking Clomid 50mg as well. Have you experienced any side effects?

Are they gonna give you a trigger shot as well?

I'm sorry to hear you didn't have any luck in your first try. I'll cross my fingers for you that this time you'll get your BFP!!

thanks for your wishes Oculi83:flower:
Oct was my first month taking clomid 50mg. I had ultrasound yesterday for my next iui cycle and started clomid from yesterday (cd3).
i came to know yesterday i have a very small cyst which is a common side effect of clomid. she asked me not to worry about it as its very small.

i didnt want to think about it as she said but browsed my life away about the clomid cyst and learnt its a common side effect of clomid and not to be worried unless size of it is big.

RE asked me to come on CD12 and get the ultrasound done and then decide to give ovidrel or not. (i assume triggershot meant ovidrel).

all the best for you too, hope this cycle works for both of us:thumbup:

Hi!
I recently did an IUI with Clomid cycle. Took Clomid days 3-7 of cycle. They didn't do any ultrasound monitoring for me, as I can use OPK's to determine when I am surging. Their policy is to come in for the IUI the day after the surge.

I soon learned that I actually surge the same day as I ovulate. Since Clomid made my schedule quite regular, for this 2nd IUI I just went in on the same day as the surge to make sure we had good timing for ovulation! But for me didn't do any ultrasounds or triggers!

Oh no! But didn't you already get a fixed appointment for the ultrasound? So, they should know about this and advise you of what to do, right?

Are you serious? Arghhh... men!! lol! If you really happen to have your IUI at that other place I'm sure your dh would be able to jump over his own shadow and make this small "sacrifice" for you and that well-deserved BFP! Don't you think? :) I mean, it's not a whole lot of fun for us women either and yet, we're willing to do all that.
I'm quite lucky in that sense. My dh doesn't mind providing a sample at the clinic at all.

So at this moment im anxious waiting for further instructions as im to start my clomid and at that point i will ask what is the plan since they will be closed. As for DH......the reason we are seeing a RE is because hes dealing with issues with his manhood due to medications that he started last summer and thus it was one of the first things we discussed....he said as long as i can provide sample at home im okay with that.
I'll keep you posted on my instructions when i speak to nurse or doctor.

No I did not get a bfp, but it was only my first round so Im hoping for this one coming up.

Praying we all get our bfp's soon! good luck with iui!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yeah, me, too! Wishing all of us lots of baby dust!:flower:

thanks for your wishes Oculi83:flower:
Oct was my first month taking clomid 50mg. I had ultrasound yesterday for my next iui cycle and started clomid from yesterday (cd3).
i came to know yesterday i have a very small cyst which is a common side effect of clomid. she asked me not to worry about it as its very small.

i didnt want to think about it as she said but browsed my life away about the clomid cyst and learnt its a common side effect of clomid and not to be worried unless size of it is big.

RE asked me to come on CD12 and get the ultrasound done and then decide to give ovidrel or not. (i assume triggershot meant ovidrel).

all the best for you too, hope this cycle works for both of us:thumbup:

Thanks!:flower: I hope so, too! :)

I see. Do these cysts normally go away after some time? Or will they stay there forever? What did your doc say?

Hmm.. my doc never even mentioned the name of whatever product they'll give me to trigger ovulation. She just said something like she'll check my follicles on cd12 and then give me "the medication" (whatever that means) to help me ovulate. :shrug:

Hi!
I recently did an IUI with Clomid cycle. Took Clomid days 3-7 of cycle. They didn't do any ultrasound monitoring for me, as I can use OPK's to determine when I am surging. Their policy is to come in for the IUI the day after the surge.

I soon learned that I actually surge the same day as I ovulate. Since Clomid made my schedule quite regular, for this 2nd IUI I just went in on the same day as the surge to make sure we had good timing for ovulation! But for me didn't do any ultrasounds or triggers!

Hi!

So when would you know if you were successful or not? .:) oh.. and after the IUI, do you have to go back for check-ups or just wait and see whether AF shows up or not?

I also noticed all of you ladies start taking Clomid on cd3. How come I have to start taking it on cd2?:shrug:

So at this moment im anxious waiting for further instructions as im to start my clomid and at that point i will ask what is the plan since they will be closed. As for DH......the reason we are seeing a RE is because hes dealing with issues with his manhood due to medications that he started last summer and thus it was one of the first things we discussed....he said as long as i can provide sample at home im okay with that.
I'll keep you posted on my instructions when i speak to nurse or doctor.

Oh, ok. I see. Well, I hope you can get your IUI at the clinic closer to your home then.

Yes, please keep me posted. I'll do the same!:flower:

This is my 10th round of clomid. I had 3 months of 50mg on it from my ObGyn- I did ovulate but not conceive. Then she refered us to RE and we did 6 months of 100mg clomid with 3 IUIs I ovulated each month but didn't get my BFP;( I took a few mOnths off and now she let me take one last month of clomid 100 mg with IUI next week. My RE just has us come in the day after my lh surge. I dont have any monitoring. Good luck to us all!!! Praying hard

This is my 10th round of clomid. I had 3 months of 50mg on it from my ObGyn- I did ovulate but not conceive. Then she refered us to RE and we did 6 months of 100mg clomid with 3 IUIs I ovulated each month but didn't get my BFP;( I took a few mOnths off and now she let me take one last month of clomid 100 mg with IUI next week. My RE just has us come in the day after my lh surge. I dont have any monitoring. Good luck to us all!!! Praying hard

I'm sorry to hear you haven't had any luck yet. I wish you lots and lots of baby dust for this cycle!!

I wonder how come some of us get ultrasounds and trigger shots and others only use an OPK?

I've been told that it's better not to use OPKs when on Clomid because it sometimes seems to cause a false positive. :shrug: I'm not sure if this is true though.

[Oh, ok. I see. Well, I hope you can get your IUI at the clinic closer to your home then.

Yes, please keep me posted. I'll do the same!:flower:[/QUOTE]

Well i received a call from the nurse who told me to start Clomid last night and to go in for US next wed and to bring my Ovidrel(trigger shot) just in case.....im thinking the follies wont be ready as it will only be CD 10. I think they are having me come in Wed because Thurs is Thanksgiving and they are closed? So confused???

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->